Hearts And Us.

Guest somner9

Are the playoffs going to be happening next year? I think with this points deduction we need to have them in place or it will take a shine off the season with no fear factor for teams.

If we have a slump like last season believe me a whole truck load of pampers will be needed to counteract the fear factor!

I predict Hearts will Finnish 5 points above us and we will be in the playoff .

Highly unlikely , any time Hearts have finished more than 20 points better than us in the SPL they have qualified for Europe . The team they have/will have at their disposal are nowhere near that !

I'm not getting too exited about them starting 15 behind. Dundee lost points mid season for going into administration and still managed to stay in the first division. I think the players Hearts look to be keeping will be extra motivated to stay and get the required points to stay up.

They have to pay those players wages and they cannot continue to do that unless they get sufficient income in. Hearts are goosed and any quality player will not want to hang around a club on the verger of liquidation - see Rangers exodus of players after they took a pay cut for a good example of loyalty. Hearts with their squad of last year were poor so how will they be extra motivated or even better when they will be playing wee boys and reduced salary if they stay in existence?

I predict Hearts will Finnish 5 points above us and we will be in the playoff .

FFS the season is not even upon us, we do not know the full strength of the squad or the opposition and good old depressive Elvis spouts his usual negative crap - seriously mate, I am sure you are fishing but if not go and support a team that wins all the time and that might make you happy. The start of the season is always an exciting time and I am usually biting at the bit to get to a game. I always go into every season with hope and continued love for my beloved team. Whatever league we have played in I have always been there and tried to remain positive. A genuine Saints fan - certainly one as long as I have been - knows that there will always be more down days than up and that comes with the territory of supporting a small club with a small support and a small budget. You surely must be in the Guiness Book of Records for holding the longest depressing and negative views about a football club you claim to support. Maybe if you actually supported the team and showed the smallest modicum of positive thinking then your world may be better for you and you may enjoy football.

If we have a slump like last season believe me a whole truck load of pampers will be needed to counteract the fear factor!

Most teams had a bad run, ours was losing 6 in a row but are we the only team that will have a slump in a season? Every club, bar Celtic is cutting their cloth and will be at a level that is the status quo or less. Any player coming in to us will more than likely perform to the same standard as those who have left - perhaps in some cases a little better. Our budget means we can only trade in the bargain basements of transfers and not with those who have bigger budgets to spend. A fact of life.

FFS the season is not even upon us, we do not know the full strength of the squad or the opposition and good old depressive Elvis spouts his usual negative crap - seriously mate, I am sure you are fishing but if not go and support a team that wins all the time and that might make you happy. The start of the season is always an exciting time and I am usually biting at the bit to get to a game. I always go into every season with hope and continued love for my beloved team. Whatever league we have played in I have always been there and tried to remain positive. A genuine Saints fan - certainly one as long as I have been - knows that there will always be more down days than up and that comes with the territory of supporting a small club with a small support and a small budget. You surely must be in the Guiness Book of Records for holding the longest depressing and negative views about a football club you claim to support. Maybe if you actually supported the team and showed the smallest modicum of positive thinking then your world may be better for you and you may enjoy football.

LoL

I'd say that if we start the season 15 points in front of a weak Hearts side, then we should expect to finish the season at least 25 points ahead of them. I'm hoping DL gets the new signings right and the final figure is actually a lot higher than that.

I don't know if Shull's prediction of finishing second was tongue-in-cheek or not, but I think it is genuine possibility if the team have enough self-belief. I'll be searching out this post and quoting it at the end of the season when the miracle has actually happened.

I think there is a long way to go yet with Hearts this summer. They could potentially end up defunct but returning smelling of roses in the 3rd Division or fielding a largely youth team this coming season. Even then their youth team as Radio Scotland coined it had us on the ropes at Tynecastle in our last encounter!

So I'm sitting on the fence and will reserve judgement for now...

I think there is a long way to go yet with Hearts this summer. They could potentially end up defunct but returning smelling of roses in the 3rd Division or fielding a largely youth team this coming season. Even then their youth team as Radio Scotland coined it had us on the ropes at Tynecastle in our last encounter!

So I'm sitting on the fence and will reserve judgement for now...

Don't read too much into one game The only youth players in that team would be holt and carrick. I reckon that three of that team are gone and another 5 are likely to leave soon;

• 01 MacDonald
  • 05 Barr Booked
  • 29 McHattie
  • 02 Hamill
  • 07 Stevenson
  • 10 Taouil (McGhee - 86' )
  • 14 Walker Booked (B King - 81' )
  • 15 Holt
  • 19 McGowan
  • 09 Sutton
  • 37 Carrick (Smith - 64' )

And that my dear friend is what im baseing my opinion on the fact they wiped the floor with us with a team of young guys and who have they lost of there team anyway two guys that were not even playing.

You also fail to mention that we beat them 2-0 at NSP and also in the cup final. How can you base anything on 1 game of football and against a team that is unlikely to have most of those we beat in their team (weaker rather than stronger)? Btw, if you are going to cite any game then put all the fact in such as we were down to 10 men, they had other key decisions that on another day would have not happened if a stronger ref had been in charge. By your own method of coming up with a supposed valid opinion, does the fact that we beat Celtic in the cup mean that we will be above them in the league?

Edited by nedflanders123

You also fail to mention that we beat them 2-0 at NSP and also in the cup final. How can you base anything on 1 game of football and against a team that is unlikely to have most of those we beat in their team (weaker rather than stronger)? Btw, if you are going to cite any game then put all the fact in such as we were down to 10 men, they had other key decisions that on another day would have not happened if a stronger ref had been in charge. By your own method of coming up with a supposed valid opinion, does the fact that we beat Celtic in the cup mean that we will be above them in the league?

I'm not sure if that was directed at me as well or just Elvis.

For my part I was trying to give a reasoned opinion and that whilst we performed well in spells, our inconsistency let us down in the league as the examples point out. Despite their financial difficulties Hearts finished above us and in the League had a better season. Their worsening plight may galvanise them, it may tear them apart or even have them playing in another league.

Starting 15 points ahead as it stands we have to be looking at finishing above them, but without the whole picture I'd hate to string Danny and his team up to fail by saying certain goals must be met.

Therefore on the surface we should finish well above them, but as we all know, we never do things the easy way and even when success looks unavoidable it is never quite as simple as that...

Concentrating on ourselves we certainly have a strong nucleus of a team, a cup winning one at that, but the key will be successful consistency rather than the certainty of never knowing which Saints team will turn up. In complete contrast the steely and very often un-Saints like performances, in that we were cut throat in front of goal and defensively sound in the league cup last year, shows that perhaps this current squad is maturing for greater league success.

Even so another cup win and play-off success would have me saying yes please with no questions asked!

Edited by Bart Simpson

I'm not sure if that was directed at me as well or just Elvis. For my part I was trying to give a reasoned opinion and that whilst we performed well in spells, our inconsistency let us down in the league as the examples point out. Despite their financial difficulties Hearts finished above us and in the League had a better season. Their worsening plight may galvanise them, it may tear them apart or even have them playing in another league. Starting 15 points ahead as it stands we have to be looking at finishing above them, but without the whole picture I'd hate to string Danny and his team up to fail by saying certain goals must be met. Therefore on the surface we should finish well above them, but as we all know, we never do things the easy way and even when success looks unavoidable it is never quite as simple as that... Concentrating on ourselves we certainly have a strong nucleus of a team, a cup winning one at that, but the key will be successful consistency rather than the certainty of never knowing which Saints team will turn up. In complete contrast the steely and very often un-Saints like performances, in that we were cut throat in front of goal and defensively sound in the league cup last year, shows that perhaps this current squad is maturing for greater league success. Even so another cup win and play-off success would have me saying yes please with no questions asked!

Apologies if you thought this was aimed at you - it wasn't mate. My point to Elvis was simply that just because we lost a game against a team does not imply that we will finish below them. If you used that daft analogy then we beat Celtic who beat Barcelona hence we are better than Barcelona nonsense.

Apologies if you thought this was aimed at you - it wasn't mate. My point to Elvis was simply that just because we lost a game against a team does not imply that we will finish below them. If you used that daft analogy then we beat Celtic who beat Barcelona hence we are better than Barcelona.

We are !

Apologies if you thought this was aimed at you - it wasn't mate. My point to Elvis was simply that just because we lost a game against a team does not imply that we will finish below them. If you used that daft analogy then we beat Celtic who beat Barcelona hence we are better than Barcelona nonsense.

I am also baseing my opinion on the fact that I've been watching us for 42 years and if there is one team that can make a complete balls up of things its Saint Mirren I honestly believe we will do no better than second bottom it wouldn't matter if we were to bring in Messi and Ronaldo its just how it is with us.

I am also baseing my opinion on the fact that I've been watching us for 42 years and if there is one team that can make a complete balls up of things its Saint Mirren I honestly believe we will do no better than second bottom it wouldn't matter if we were to bring in Messi and Ronaldo its just how it is with us.

I think this rests the case ladies and gentlemen, elvis is not the full shilling. lol.gif