First Day At School

shull

Cannae mind much of my first and early days at Springhill Primary apart from playing football at the breaks and lunchtime.

Abby started School today with nae greeting or tantrums.

Happy as can be.

Well done wee yin.

Kids seem to adapt to going to school easier nowadays due to having been at nursery for a year or two beforehand.

I remember a great deal of tears and snotters when i started at Inchinnan Primary almost 40 years ago. I just about held it together until I lost my new pencils....

Edited by Drew

I saw my first ever "Ginger" on ma first day at Carlibar primary in Barrhead so a took a bite out his heed

I did give Carlibar a thought, but just for one second, then that thought was binned.

Nae offence Bud !

Cannae mind much of my first and early days at Springhill Primary apart from playing football at the breaks and lunchtime.

Abby started School today with nae greeting or tantrums.

Happy as can be.

Well done wee yin.

That'll be the Springhill Primary off the newly surfaced pothole-free Springhill Road?

Bet she looks a wee cracker in her uniform Shull, not as cute as in her Saints shirt mind you.

That'll be the Springhill Primary off the newly surfaced pothole-free Springhill Road?

Bet she looks a wee cracker in her uniform Shull, not as cute as in her Saints shirt mind you.

She's been wearing football strips all summer the wee scamp. lol.gif

My first day at school was Auchenlodment Primary in 1966. The Castle was a great place to grow up in the 60s. We lived in the top flat at 3 Chestnut Place. Happy days. Mum and dad used to throw thruppenny' bits screwed up in a paper bag out the window when the Parducci or Jaconelli ice cream van came round.

I remember we were given a peg to hang our coat, a sand tray and a square of plasticene to make shapes and wee plasticene men out of. Weird, the amount of stuff in your brain, even after all these years.

I still remember my first day at Bridge of Weir primary in August 1985. Same as Poz with the plasticine being the first thing given to do.

I have some bittersweet memories of that day though, having gone that first day with my friend Neil. We had our pictures taken together outside the school gate and both laughed as a dog had escaped his lead and ran over to us with the owner in pursuit. Happy days.

Neil was a great guy throughout primary and high school, you honestly couldn't find a nicer guy. Then after leaving school he had some mental health issues, which he was overcoming well, before he was also then diagnosed with a form of cancer. Neil died around 2004 / 2005 aged about 24.

I still have those first school day pictures, and looking back I can't believe all that has happened, how long ago it all was, and now even how long Neil has been gone.

So yes, bittersweet memories, though the days themselves were fun.