Anyone Going To A Game For The Hell Of It Tomorrow?

TsuMirren

yep... the Wee Rovers vs Peterhead... if only to remind me what goals are like!!!

I took the wee fella to two Partick Friday night games this season as it was just £20 for us both... and really enjoyed taking in a game as a neutral.

I had a look for tomorrow and it was either Clyde or Albion Rovers... ... been several decades since I've been in Cliftonhill, so at just £12 for both of us, and as an alternative to staying in with 'er indoors... and the threat of goals... ... seems like a good deal all round!!!

I'll need to see what time I wake up after my nightshift but Queens Park would be my pick tomorrow - against Annan. It's one of a sequence of matches that will be their last at Hampden Park for a while with the stadium being prepared as the main athletics venue for the Commonwealth Games. Queens Park's home venue will move to Airdrie - I think at the end of October / beginning of November.

I'll need to see what time I wake up after my nightshift but Queens Park would be my pick tomorrow - against Annan. It's one of a sequence of matches that will be their last at Hampden Park for a while with the stadium being prepared as the main athletics venue for the Commonwealth Games. Queens Park's home venue will move to Airdrie - I think at the end of October / beginning of November.

had considered it... but the wee fella has been to a match at Hampden recently! Wanted a new experience! ;-)

old trafford for me too how you getting down you any tips on parking i went last year parked in the stadium and took 2 hours to get out of manchester

Any time I've been down watching the toon I park in the same place and it's quite a good escape route.

Get there early though !

Leave M60 at junction 9, sure it's the exit after the Trafford Centre, continue towards the stadium on Village Way (A5081).

Try get parked in one of the side streets on the right as close to main road as you can and facing back towards main road as you're exit route is the way you came in. We usually park next to a wee bank, was a Nat West last time we were down. Think the streets are name fifth avenue etc, stuck in my mind as I thought I was in the states.

Short walk to the stadium from there, cross the big roundabout with the old railway tracks still on it. Streets then lined with burger stalls etc.

If you've got time it's worth crossing the footbridge to the Quays shopping centre and getting food in there. Several restaurants in there including a Chinese buffet which will be the same price as a horse burger from a van.

Enjoy the day, don't sing or you'll be asked to leave :P

Edited by davidg