Buddiesm

think it was actually budism

First time I remember it it was a placard that Paisley Panda held up on Sky TV at a game v the now defunct Rangers in the 2000-01 season It said "There's only one religion and that's Budism".

Given the opponenets it was a sublime piece of wit - one of his many brilliant moments!

And I wondered what all those English viewers must have thought - Was St Mirren really the team of the millions in South East Asia?

Turning out to be a rather interesting discussion this one, quite interesting indeed.

A follower of this Paisley based religion is either a Buddie or a Bud. I would venture that the term Buddie is indeed the correct term and as such the religion itself would be best served using the name Buddieism. That said if the correct term for a follower of all things Greenhill road is to be Bud then I agree with Bulto's assertion that the term used has to be Buddism.

I would canvass support for the term being Buddie however as us Paisley folk were traditionally known as Paisley Buddies and not Bud's as some lazy tongued modern folk like to refer to us, the Paisley folk. Of course as with any religion different sects could and most likely would spring up and this may provide sanctuary for the less desirable terms of Bud and Buddism. Perhaps the religion should be established as Buddieism and within a short space of time a slight and unimportant disgreement could surface whereby religious wars are fought on this forum and on Gilmour street culminating in some tracksuit wearers establishing themselves as Bud's, followers of Buddism.

This newer and bascially identical form of Buddieism would not be without it's splinter groups however and before long the following groups vie for control of the newest form of the new religion. These could be

The people's front of Buddism

The Buddist people's front

who as well as hating each other also hate hard line Buddist's and fathful follower's of the mother religion, Buddiesm. Buddieism itself will of course have to carve a back story for itself with it's own version of martyr's, prophet's or disciples. Characters in the book could be

Div the IT Buddieist who gave his own hair in support of the new religion

Shull the Buddie who finally overcame the ungodly temptation of Arthur or Arthurlie to commit himself to the Buddieist cause

NSS the deprived Buddiest who taught us all the value's of a match ticket when he selflessly gave up his cup final ticket to serve meals on an oil rig

As with any religion we also need stories of evil that we can use to frighten children into joining our religion using fear and intimidation. The "devil" character if you like could be

Stu Dickson the jilted Buddieist who gave up on the wonders of Greenhill road and was damned to wander the earth polluting Buddieist forum's with his evil and terrible opinion's.

Paisley museum could become a place of pilgramage for many Buddiesist's in the years to come where many supposed relic's of the old world are said to reside. These could be

Div the IT Buddieist's last lock of hair

Shull the Buddie's worn out taxi tyre

NSS the deprived's unused moustache trimmer

The history of Westmarch and Love street could be written into one long chapter, an old testament if you like with tales of struggle, defeat and occasional victory fill the pages. The new chapter, or new testament could begin with a Kevin Kyle goal at Greenhill road that leads onto a league cup victory, the type that the blessed town of Paisley had never before seen before writing the story that is as yet our future.

Perhaps some forum user's could each write a version of this tale and we could fuse them together into one collection of stories that will forever guide our Buddieists and subsequent Buddist's as they go out and chap the doors of non followers ever Saturday after 5pm. Maybe we could have 12 different contributers and in future they will be referred to with title such as

The book of Div

The book of Shull

The book of NSS

The book of Faraway

The book of Davidg

The book of Bulto

The book of Oaksoft

The book of Howard Hughes and his blessed blue suede shoes (incidentally the shoes will also be a relic in Paisley museum)

The book of Tom, the tedious version (only for real hardliners)

The book of Maximillion and the forty aliases

The book of Buddiecat

The book of Somner

Could be the 12 disciples however in future other contested version's of the Buddieism story could arise such as

The banned book of Sid

Whereby rumour is entangled throughout the story, making it quite different from the not very similiar stories above thus encouraging Buddiesists to follow false players such as the fabled Anne of Diamond.

Ah yes what wonder's await my faithful friends

What about "The Book According to Agreeable Tom"? Will that feature at all? whistling.gif

Ah yes, a fine suggestion but my agreeable friend would be unlikely to write something new as he would most likely just agree with everything that the other disciples have said in the other books. He especially likes to agree with me but that said most normal folk do.

Maybe in the future someone could find the post's of my agreeable forebear and create the Seventh day agreeists?

The possibilities are endless.

The lack of enthusiasm for this new religion is quite refreshing, quite refreshing indeed. I can now see how those early Christians felt in the city of Rome when they numbered but few and were both ignored and pilloried. As a brave disciple of my new religion, just like those early Christians I feel the need to force my new found faith upon the rest of you (whether or not you wish to listen). Perhaps an innocent coffee morning could be arranged whereby the hidden intent of converting you all to my religion is hidden amongst the jacobs crackers and empire biscuits?

To implement the new one true religion I propose the following points to ensure our firm establishment and quickfire spread around the globe

1) The Church group who meet reguarly at our dearest footballing ground could perhaps be ousted and replaced with the guitar and tambourine playing congregation of Buddieists.

2) Instead of celebrating Christmas we celebrate the holy month of March as Mirrenadam to commemorate the very month of the first coming of the league cup. Fasting is banned of course as during Mirrenadam we must ingest pies, bovril, beer and steak in great quantities.

3) A holy Buddieist mission be sent to Ghana where the lesser St Mirren football club are found. There the uneducated deprived children of the outlying villages are offered food, medical supplies and are of course educated in the values of Buddieism. The mission may not return until the building of the great Greenhill hall where new converted Buddieists can bring new converts for a Carrs pie and a pile of tokens offering more free Carrs pies to anyone who converts. A garden hut on special from B & Q will suffice as a Greenhill hall. Africa will soon be in our grasp!

4) The sacred town of Paisley be converted to a walled town to ensure that entry be denied to any follower of any of the devil's religions - the Sevcoites and the Plasticpaddylams unless it be a match day against one of these two when they are allowed entry to the sacred town only if found in posession of a match ticket or sufficient funds to purchase entry to the blessed ground at Greenhill road.

5) The establishment of the doctrine of season ticketdom whereby only the faithful holders of a season ticket to the blessed Paisley team will be allowed entry to the great Greenhill hall in the sky where faithful Buddieists are falsely promised an eternity of happieness in return for a lifetime of season ticket purchases. In the event of Buddieists who reside in countries whereby season ticket purchase would be unreasonable or in the unlikely event of season tickets being sold out then salvation may be bought in the form of equivalent donations to the Paisley team and bolstered with significant purchases from the online club shop.

6) The widespread abandonment of Guy Fawkes night and its immediate replacement (conveniently on the same night) with Stu Dickson night where effigies of our figure of devilment are defiled and burned publically to ward off evil spirits. Effigies will of course be onsale from the club shop.

7) The widespread abandonment of easter and its immediate replacement (conveneniantly on the same day) with Paisley feaster day where nice things are eaten and drank in recognition of the greatness of our great club. Nice things to eat and drink will of course be on sale from the club shop.

8) The immediate establishment of the Paisley inquisition. Suspected Sevcoites and followers of Plasticpaddylam are rooted out and offered the chance to buy a season tisket for our blessed club and in turn covert to Buddieism lest they be deprived of there innards. We must be swift in our execution as no-one expected the Paisley inquisition!

9) The establishment of the Knights of Buddieism, a secret order of faithful Buddieists who can identify each other with some sort of funny handshake before discusing how to assist each other in matters of business and the like. A chapters of Buddieism will exist whereby Knights of Buddieism can progress through the varying degrees of the order by learning intricate facts such as the team that won the 1926 Scottish cup, the summer cup and so on. This order will meet in special Buddieist temples that will become known as lodges. The secret of the Knights of Buddieism wil be that they will forever know and protect the true bloodline of the greatest Buddieist of all, the Thommohawk.

10) The doctrine of Buddie travel will apply to all our Buddie soldiers. This being a decree that when all Buddiesist's venture to foreign lands they must do all possible within Buddieists principles to convert all foreigners around them to the Buddiesist cause. Before long Benidorm, Magaluf and all Centre Parks will be Buddiesist strongholds where the message of the one true Buddie will spread accross the globe to the extinction of all other nonsensical religions.

You have your orders fellow Buddieists

The lack of enthusiasm for this new religion is quite refreshing, quite refreshing indeed. I can now see how those early Christians felt in the city of Rome when they numbered but few and were both ignored and pilloried. As a brave disciple of my new religion, just like those early Christians I feel the need to force my new found faith upon the rest of you (whether or not you wish to listen). Perhaps an innocent coffee morning could be arranged whereby the hidden intent of converting you all to my religion is hidden amongst the jacobs crackers and empire biscuits?

To implement the new one true religion I propose the following points to ensure our firm establishment and quickfire spread around the globe

1) The Church group who meet reguarly at our dearest footballing ground could perhaps be ousted and replaced with the guitar and tambourine playing congregation of Buddieists.

2) Instead of celebrating Christmas we celebrate the holy month of March as Mirrenadam to commemorate the very month of the first coming of the league cup. Fasting is banned of course as during Mirrenadam we must ingest pies, bovril, beer and steak in great quantities.

3) A holy Buddieist mission be sent to Ghana where the lesser St Mirren football club are found. There the uneducated deprived children of the outlying villages are offered food, medical supplies and are of course educated in the values of Buddieism. The mission may not return until the building of the great Greenhill hall where new converted Buddieists can bring new converts for a Carrs pie and a pile of tokens offering more free Carrs pies to anyone who converts. A garden hut on special from B & Q will suffice as a Greenhill hall. Africa will soon be in our grasp!

4) The sacred town of Paisley be converted to a walled town to ensure that entry be denied to any follower of any of the devil's religions - the Sevcoites and the Plasticpaddylams unless it be a match day against one of these two when they are allowed entry to the sacred town only if found in posession of a match ticket or sufficient funds to purchase entry to the blessed ground at Greenhill road.

5) The establishment of the doctrine of season ticketdom whereby only the faithful holders of a season ticket to the blessed Paisley team will be allowed entry to the great Greenhill hall in the sky where faithful Buddieists are falsely promised an eternity of happieness in return for a lifetime of season ticket purchases. In the event of Buddieists who reside in countries whereby season ticket purchase would be unreasonable or in the unlikely event of season tickets being sold out then salvation may be bought in the form of equivalent donations to the Paisley team and bolstered with significant purchases from the online club shop.

6) The widespread abandonment of Guy Fawkes night and its immediate replacement (conveniently on the same night) with Stu Dickson night where effigies of our figure of devilment are defiled and burned publically to ward off evil spirits. Effigies will of course be onsale from the club shop.

7) The widespread abandonment of easter and its immediate replacement (conveneniantly on the same day) with Paisley feaster day where nice things are eaten and drank in recognition of the greatness of our great club. Nice things to eat and drink will of course be on sale from the club shop.

8) The immediate establishment of the Paisley inquisition. Suspected Sevcoites and followers of Plasticpaddylam are rooted out and offered the chance to buy a season tisket for our blessed club and in turn covert to Buddieism lest they be deprived of there innards. We must be swift in our execution as no-one expected the Paisley inquisition!

9) The establishment of the Knights of Buddieism, a secret order of faithful Buddieists who can identify each other with some sort of funny handshake before discusing how to assist each other in matters of business and the like. A chapters of Buddieism will exist whereby Knights of Buddieism can progress through the varying degrees of the order by learning intricate facts such as the team that won the 1926 Scottish cup, the summer cup and so on. This order will meet in special Buddieist temples that will become known as lodges. The secret of the Knights of Buddieism wil be that they will forever know and protect the true bloodline of the greatest Buddieist of all, the Thommohawk.

10) The doctrine of Buddie travel will apply to all our Buddie soldiers. This being a decree that when all Buddiesist's venture to foreign lands they must do all possible within Buddieists principles to convert all foreigners around them to the Buddiesist cause. Before long Benidorm, Magaluf and all Centre Parks will be Buddiesist strongholds where the message of the one true Buddie will spread accross the globe to the extinction of all other nonsensical religions.

You have your orders fellow Buddieists

I haven't read it all, but from the first line I feel safe in suggesting that this is a load of unfunny tosh

Brother you have omitted to mention our holy book - our bible which is published every match day and contains the haloed list of saints to be worshipped that day.

Let us pray as we have been praying a lot recently.

Better if they would play a bit more betterer! :angry:

I wonder why?! rolleyes.gif

Because he is me.

Really I would have expected more from the keeper of the forty aliases.

When I first logged onto the forum I used that online identity but I quickly realised that I did not agree with everyone so my agreeable alter ego was ignored for the more tedious persona that you and the rest on our online community have grown to love and respect.

Yes, we all know that he was your previous alias.

As for the bit in bold - please prove this for me as you and your "entourage" are becoming boring, dull and rather tedious with your lies and accusations...

Now now Maximillion and the forty aliases, has someone pissed on your chips?

Such behaviour is not condusive to having yourself written into the book of Buddieism as a hero character but rather you may find yourself referred to for generations to come as Maximillion the needlessly petty.