The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Feegie Young Team, Are Being dispatched, As We Speak ? Look Out Mr Dickson - I am in Steven' s Back Pocket ? whistling.gifpunk.gifpunk.gif

Are you talking in riddles? Why would you be in our players back pocket? Are you going to be playing for the opposition? If so I can't imagine you'd be very effective. And why are you dispatching them now. It's only 28 miles or so - I don't fancy the sound of your cars if you need to leave 8 days early. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who thinks it's beyond ironic that the most right wing eejit on the forum is the one who continually smears Yes voters as Nazis? Ably supported by the forum loonie, I might add.

If you think it's funny, StuD, I think it's time you were disabused of that notion. I suspect Cockles87 may want to do just that.

Who said anything about fighting, i'm going to give him the opportunity to call me thick and a nazi to my face.

Might even record it.

To what end though? Presumably you're not planning to stand there and shake his hand if he follows through with it?

He's repeatedly calling all Independence supporters nazis.

He thinks it's a clever and funny pun when everyone outside a couple of others on here can see it's puerile and pathetic.

Occasionally he doubts whether we'll get the joke and spells it "natsis" just to ram it home.

The man isn't important enough to me that his opinion would ever annoy me.

Few people are TBH.

Life is too short to waste on guys like Dicky.

In the words of our own shull - f**kem.

Edited by oaksoft

Am I the only one who thinks it's beyond ironic that the most right wing eejit on the forum is the one who continually smears Yes voters as Nazis? Ably supported by the forum loonie, I might add.

If you think it's funny, StuD, I think it's time you were disabused of that notion. I suspect Cockles87 may want to do just that.

It would be unfair and inaccurate , to accuse him of being a Nazi, as , he is much more right wing than that. .

It would be unfair and inaccurate , to accuse him of being a Nazi, as , he is much more right wing than that. .

I didn't, that's his trick. But if the cap fits.....

At the risk of being accused of being overly sensitive here, IMO he probably needs to be totally ignored on posts where he uses that phrase until he learns to stop it. I'm certainly not about to drop to his level and start calling anyone that.

politicians are a side issue in this debate, it should all be about what the electorate want, i tend to ignore politicians views at the best of times but more so in this debate

At the risk of being accused of being overly sensitive here, IMO he probably needs to be totally ignored on posts where he uses that phrase until he learns to stop it. I'm certainly not about to drop to his level and start calling anyone that.

I have had him on ignore for a long time , l feel he contributes nothing to ANY debate/discussion , at least Reynard is Saints fan. .

I didn't, that's his trick. But if the cap fits.....

At the risk of being accused of being overly sensitive here, IMO he probably needs to be totally ignored on posts where he uses that phrase until he learns to stop it. I'm certainly not about to drop to his level and start calling anyone that.

At the risk of repeating myself, I didn't....

I have had him on ignore for a long time , l feel he contributes nothing to ANY debate/discussion , at least Reynard is Saints fan. .

TBH I don't have anyone on ignore with the sole exception of one poster who was physically threatening me.

We generally don't have that many proper trolls on here.

There have been some tempting times though.......

Oh dear - Salmond has been torpedoed again.

The Institute of Fiscal Studies have reported that Scotland would find the future much tougher financially if Scotland votes yes, stating that Scotland would be far too reliant on North Sea Oil.

Looks like Independence is in tatters.

Edited to add -apparently we would need a further 8% cut in public spending, or VAT would have to rise to a massive 28% just to make ends meet. Quite clearly we're better together

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The Institute of Fiscal Studies have reported that Scotland would find the future much tougher financially if Scotland votes yes, stating that Scotland would be far too reliant on North Sea Oil.

Edited to add -apparently we would need a further 8% cut in public spending, or VAT would have to rise to a massive 28% just to make ends meet. Quite clearly we're better together

The IFS has also said the UK government will need to continue with their austerity policy far longer than they claim even if there is a no vote. AND that an Independent Scotland could create a far more efficient tax system which may avert the need for such a scenario. But like the rest of the NO goers let's not tell the whole story lest it let's the cat out of the bag.

Guest TPAFKATS

Are you really so gullible to believe this pish?

Its based on ifs, buts and maybes.

Its based on the price of oil probably falling - how do they know that the price of oil will fall?

How is oil only running out and decreasing in price when it comes to independence, but its so good for UK?

If they are this good at predicting economic future how did they miss that massive crash a few years ago?

Swinney made a good comment regarding the report, shame the BBC managed to only give him 5 seconds at the end of the report - again!

Guest TPAFKATS

The IFS has also said the UK government will need to continue with their austerity policy far longer than they claim even if there is a no vote. AND that an Independent Scotland could create a far more efficient tax system which may avert the need for such a scenario. But like the rest of the NO goers let's not tell the whole story lest it let's the cat out of the bag.

Hmm, Douglas Fraser managed to miss that bit out as well - imagine...

It's a bit obvious that the austerity programme will have to continue far longer since the UK is not back in the black and is indeed nowhere near being in the black - it's also extremely obvious that Scotland could not avert the same scenario especially since Scotlands pension situation is far greater than that of the rest of the UK. :rolleyes:

Are you really so gullible to believe this pish?

Its based on ifs, buts and maybes.

Its based on the price of oil probably falling - how do they know that the price of oil will fall?

How is oil only running out and decreasing in price when it comes to independence, but its so good for UK?

If they are this good at predicting economic future how did they miss that massive crash a few years ago?

Swinney made a good comment regarding the report, shame the BBC managed to only give him 5 seconds at the end of the report - again!

Why is it that the SNP will only accept the parts of independent reports that make independence sound vaguely viable whilst rejecting everything else in the same report?

Independence is sunk. Alex Salmond is a rotting hull in the cesspit of politics. Hopefully we'll scrap the Scottish Parliament next and boot all the f**king wasters picking up £58,097 per annum in salary and many more £000's in expenses out on their arses - and hopefully we'll do it before these chancing pricks claim the proposed £15,000 per annum pay rise.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

With all due respect Stuart accusing others of selective use of the facts smacks of stones been thrown within a glass house...

The comments made about the report, from my reading, state that there are choices to be made and based on the opinion of the reader, this could either validate both positions or challenge respective views.

I agree with the comments that this backs up the case for an independent Scotland whilst conceding that difficult choices would still need to be made re: spending cuts or income tax/VAT raises.

Equally though the status quo comes with many challenges but it is simply a decision on which options suits individual choice.

This report is neither a ringing endorsement or a fatal blow for either argument. It simply states the fact that either option is viable but comes with differing choices.

Is that impartial enough?

ETA: typos

Edited by Bart Simpson