The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm, that's funny cause John Swinney has reportedly told his cabinet colleagues in the Scottish Government that setting up a new Scottish HMRC alone would cost £600m. Anyway regardless of who's figures you, or any one else chooses to believe it appears that the one thing we can all agree on is that the setting up of these new government agencies and public services is going to cost Scottish taxpayers money.

I wonder if we were to put it to a vote how many Scots would prefer to spend an undefined sum of money that could be anything from £250m, to £600m or even £2.7Bn on a new tax office than say would prefer to keep the money in their pocket and not have to watch a Scottish Government squander it for us.

Maybe they would prefer this to having a UK government wasting it on SE England, high speed trains and Trident.

Guest TPAFKATS

Maybe they would prefer this to having a UK government wasting it on SE England, high speed trains and Trident.

The whole premise of better together into forget that we currently already pay for their services and in addition may decide to not have some depth or in the case of others, they already are based in Scotland.

I see that the Cap'n has now ramped up his efforts to wind folk up by sporting the butcher's apron as his avatar.On a football forum in the west of Scotland.Stay classy, bud.

I think you are being a bit harsh on , the Cap'n. I suspect that it is only because he has switched his alliegence to Sevco , nothing more , nothing less . .

He has plainly gone into sympathy with his old pal , wee Anxious. .

It beggars belief that any sane person would believe that someone would come over here to live a life on luxury on £70 a week.

Actually it saddens me that this is the level of intelligence some people reach.

dont recall me stating anyone would want to come and claim benefits, i stated they come to work and for whatever reason can end up on benefits, could be by illness or by losing work and not finding a new job.

you are the one lacking in intelligence if you cannot understand my post.

and you also show a massive lack of intelligence by questioning my intelligence without asking what i mean by my post, you are forever jumping in and slandering others without first putting your brain in gear

not another one who thinks i have posted something i haven't, shame i actually used to like some of your posts

I didn't actually read the post oaksoft was replying to. I was simply agreeing with oaksoft's statement.

My post wasn't a dig at you and you are totally correct that oaksoft jumps in and makes up what he thinks folk are saying at every opportunity.

I really don't care whether you or anyone else used or still does like my posts.

For those who haven't heard it yet this was John Swinney's classic interview on Radio Scotland this morning

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/151662034&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&visual=true

Michael Howard on Paxman has nothing on this.

The absolute refusal to provide any figures shows that the Scottish Finance Minister and the SNP are making up these figures on the hoof. As I predicted yesterday not only will the Yes Campaign not show their working, they now give us a figure of how much better off we would all be in an independent country, but they can't tell us how much the infrastructure costs will be. And the Natsi's claim it's the No Campaign that is negative.....:rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I'm reclaiming the union flag.

I'm British and proud of it!

Nothing wrong with being proud to be British , as at present , it still says it on our passports (well most of us , not all of us). .

However , over here in the South West of Scotland , it tends to mean , you're either , an Orangeman , Sevco or both. .

Nothing wrong with being proud to be British , as at present , it still says it on our passports (well most of us , not all of us). .

However , over here in the South West of Scotland , it tends to mean , you're either , an Orangeman , Sevco or both. .

Isn't that a sad statement on the people of Scotland.

The Union Flag was designed by a Scot who wanted to celebrate the diversity and unity of the four countries in the UK. Yet in bitter, twisted Scotland a large proportion of our population immediately associate the flag of diversity and unity as a flag for bigots. And on what evidence? Their own xenophobia and their own prejudices.

Now it's safe to assume - I'm sure - that those who are so repulsed by our Union Flag are amongst those most likely to vote Yes in the upcoming referendum. Yet those xenophobia idiots, riddled with their own prejudices, will tell us that UKIP are a party that should be despised as racists intolerant of those from another country. I guess that must be yet another thing the SNP and UKIP have in common. :rolleyes:

Isn't that a sad statement on the people of Scotland.

The Union Flag was designed by a Scot who wanted to celebrate the diversity and unity of the four countries in the UK. Yet in bitter, twisted Scotland a large proportion of our population immediately associate the flag of diversity and unity as a flag for bigots. And on what evidence? Their own xenophobia and their own prejudices.

Now it's safe to assume - I'm sure - that those who are so repulsed by our Union Flag are amongst those most likely to vote Yes in the upcoming referendum. Yet those xenophobia idiots, riddled with their own prejudices, will tell us that UKIP are a party that should be despised as racists intolerant of those from another country. I guess that must be yet another thing the SNP and UKIP have in common. rolleyes.gif

Stuart, you really have a very twisted mind! According to you anyone who wants Scottish independence is a xenophobe. Can you prove this? Of course not because the vast majority are not.You really must get out of your bunker and mix with normal people.

I am pro-independence because I believe that the UK government since the time of Margaret Thatcher has not had the interests of all parts of the UK at heart. I am not repulsed by the Union Flag but by the uses to which is put by organisations like the BNP and the Orange Order.

Guest TPAFKATS

I know guys who wouldnt piss on the union flag if it was on fire, they have told me they are voting no in September. Bizarre but true - maybe this will stop folks making assumptions on here. I'm not going to hold my breath though...

Oh and it's 2 countries, a principality and a province that make up Uk & NI.

Technically 3 countries as Wales has no part in it and the diagonal Red Cross is for all Ireland (St Patrick)

but the Union Jack isn't a good or bad thing, people make it so. Post independence we would get our own flag, the rUk can do what they want.

Edited by EastBuddie

He wasn't talking about the flag, EastBuddie, StuD said the UK comprises 4 countries & ts was just putting the record straight. He did get one thing wrong , though, it's 2 countries, a principality and 2/3 of a province (if you go by the number of counties).

:)

dont recall me stating anyone would want to come and claim benefits, i stated they come to work and for whatever reason can end up on benefits, could be by illness or by losing work and not finding a new job.

So you're compassionate viewpoint is that if someone comes here, gets work and then falls ill, we should haul them out of bed, wheel them to the nearest airport and send them packing?

I'll take no lessons on intelligence from you or anyone else.

A letter from America, interesting pov re NATO:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/an-actual-letter-from-america/

I know it's a Yes website but that doesn't take away from the debunking of the NATO myth. With verifiable facts.

Edited by salmonbuddie