The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye.

Earlier, I had a little concern about a Yes-vote winning simply cos of the Scots tendency towards being "thrawn".

Seeing so many dildos in their wee cars with daft, fluttering flags around Oban yesterday made me think 'that lot' would make me vote in the opposite direction, whatever the question.

post-8992-0-64642700-1410687533.gif

My wife was chatting to her best friend on the phone last night. She was in Glasgow yesterday with her husband and two daughters. They were approached by a couple of Yes people and at first they thought they were being asked to take part in a kind of opinion poll but things changed when they said they were unsure. Effectively they were verbally abused and intimidated. Ewan the girl's husband has always hated England and all things English and had intended to vote yes. He's now voting no and told me on the phone last night that although he doesn't like the English, he has never been threatened by them anywhere let alone in his home town. He said yesterday that there were groups of Yes men going round almost like vigilantes. Now I've no idea if that is happening in any scale but I've known that fella a long time and it would take a fair bit to make him change his voting intentions.

Why would anybody hate the English, in the first place ? He's probably never met at least 50 million of them.

Aye.

Earlier, I had a little concern about a Yes-vote winning simply cos of the Scots tendency towards being "thrawn".

Seeing so many dildos in their wee cars with daft, fluttering flags around Oban yesterday made me think 'that lot' would make me vote in the opposite direction, whatever the question.

and, paper tiger that you are, did you approach any of these people and use the term "dildo" to their face?

Seeing you, they probably hoped that you were on the opposite side from them

Stuart , even Welsh friends I have commented today on how bias the BBC have been , in particular how Nicholas Witchell gave a twisted view on how the Queen felt on this issue, even though Buckingham Palace had issued a statement, part of which states :

"The sovereign's constitutional impartiality is an established principle of our democracy and one which the Queen has demonstrated throughout her reign.

"As such the monarch is above politics and those in political office have a duty to ensure that this remains the case.

"Any suggestion that the Queen would wish to influence the outcome of the current referendum campaign is categorically wrong.

"Her Majesty is firmly of the view that this is a matter for the people of Scotland."

The BBC should report facts not conjecture.

loads of reports suggest that the BBC manipulated the kids going into the Hydro last thursday for the debate. Apparently the BBC were trying to tell kids that they had to sit in the don't know sections instead of the yeas as they didn't want the overwhelming numbers in the Yes section to be visible on TV. Happily, most of the kids told them where to go

Bluto appears to be having a magnificent meltdown.thumbup2.gif

His nastiness and bitterness always show through. He gets constantly trapped by his own belief that he has an intellectual advantage over the less literate and less pedantic posters (I include myself in that, to a certain extent) and the frustration boils over when he is beaten and dismissed.

You can tell he is rattled when he forgets to put in the trademark smileys.

Bluto appears to be having a magnificent meltdown.thumbup2.gif

bluto is behaving like a right twat.

So is Rick with his bullshit about intimidation in the streets.

I just don't see why they feel the need to get involved.

Neither of them even has a vote but you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise given the vast number of "contributions" both have made to this thread.

Why would anybody hate the English, in the first place ? He's probably never met at least 50 million of them.

Makes no sense to me either, Shull. He had a rough time at Uni in Birmingham and never got over it but that's no excuse. I keep hearing that there's no hatred now in Scotland for the English and I find it hard to believe. I'm not saying it was rife but it was still evident when I left thirty years ago. Some of the posts on here go on about three hundred years of oppression being heaped on Scotland by every government we've ever had in London. That's hysterical nonsense too.

What am I bitter about? Just curious. Typical Yes man attitude that Scotsmen who live elsewhere but still love their native country have no right to an opinion. Control Scotland? Even by your low standards that a pretty stupid remark. Why would I be taking Ian Paisley's death 'quite bad'?. I assume you mean quite badly.

Pompous, bitter and denial all in a few lines

you are a class act.

It is getting exciting now.

The BT camp have thrown away a ridiculous lead and we now stand on the cusp of the re-birth of our great little nation.

Dave Cameron wants you to vote no. Ed Milliband wants you to vote no. Nick Clegg, George Galloway and Gordon Brown want you to vote no.

Do no voters actually look themselves in the mirror? Go on be a good little Westminster monkey puppet and do what the posh boys want, let us reign over you and do not dare to imagine you can ever have our power.

Well on Thursday the Scottish people have an opportunity to take back our country, seize the power on our own soil and govern ourselves as we want to be governed. Any self respecting Scot will vote yes on Thursday lest you be a traitor to yourself and your countrymen.

The BT camp have thrown away a ridiculous lead and we now stand on the cusp of the re-birth of our great little nation.

Dave Cameron wants you to vote no. Ed Milliband wants you to vote no. Nick Clegg, George Galloway and Gordon Brown want you to vote no.

Do no voters actually look themselves in the mirror? Go on be a good little Westminster monkey puppet and do what the posh boys want, let us reign over you and do not dare to imagine you can ever have our power.

Well on Thursday the Scottish people have an opportunity to take back our country, seize the power on our own soil and govern ourselves as we want to be governed. Any self respecting Scot will vote yes on Thursday lest you be a traitor to yourself and your countrymen.

post-8992-0-39360800-1410696445.jpeg

And if the vote is a No on Thursday are we a nation of traitors with no self respect?

It that what the perhaps 49% will think of the 51%?

I know a few self respecting English born voters who are voting Yes.

I'm confused. Are self respecting English born Yes voters better that Scottish born voters who vote No?

I suspect self respecting English born voters who vote Yes are doing it because they have been persuaded of the case for an Independant Scotland. I have a lot a respect to someone who has thought through the pros and cons and made a decision.

Making the decision on it's "our country" and "our own soil" does not sit comfortably with me.

Edited by E=Mc2

My wife was chatting to her best friend on the phone last night. She was in Glasgow yesterday with her husband and two daughters. They were approached by a couple of Yes people and at first they thought they were being asked to take part in a kind of opinion poll but things changed when they said they were unsure. Effectively they were verbally abused and intimidated. Ewan the girl's husband has always hated England and all things English and had intended to vote yes. He's now voting no and told me on the phone last night that although he doesn't like the English, he has never been threatened by them anywhere let alone in his home town. He said yesterday that there were groups of Yes men going round almost like vigilantes. Now I've no idea if that is happening in any scale but I've known that fella a long time and it would take a fair bit to make him change his voting intentions.

Hey, that puts me in good company then.

If you think it is fair to criticise a partialy disabled person with severe athritis in both hands and who is learning in his late fifties to type on a touchscreen keyboard AND overcome the challenges of predictive text then who am i to stop you?

You will see my posts littered with missing letters, missing spaces and other mistakes, i am relaxed about that, there are many other things to be getting on with. i hope you can overcome your bitterness and loosen up a little on this too.

I will add discriminatory and prejudiced to my poorly-punctuated list of your better qualities

Your punctuation is crap too but many thanks for the kind compliment. It is true but I don't like to go on about it.

Edited by beyond our ken

Hey, that puts me in good company then.

If you think it is fair to criticise a partialy disabled person with severe athritis in both hands and who is learning in his late fifties to type on a touchscreen keyboard AND overcome the challenges of predictive text then who am i to stop you?

You will see my posts littered with missing letters, missing spaces and other mistakes, i am relaxed about that, there are many other things to be getting on with. i hope you can overcome your bitterness and loosen up a little on this too.

I will add discriminatory and prejudiced to my poorly-punctuated list of your better qualities

If you're genuinely handicapped then I unreservedly apologise. I wasn't to know. But if you are prepared to dish it out, and you have quite often in the past, then you have to be prepared to get some back. You can always put me on ignore. I've got some on ignore and I know some ignore me. I can live with that.

I'm sure if he votes "No" and the "No" vote wins, he'll be delighted for the next right wing government that gets voted in, who doesn't give a f**k about Scotland, other than the oil.

And if the vote is a No on Thursday are we a nation of traitors with no self respect?

It that what the perhaps 49% will think of the 51%?

I know a few self respecting English born voters who are voting Yes.

I'm confused. Are self respecting English born Yes voters better that Scottish born voters who vote No?

I suspect self respecting English born voters who vote Yes are doing it because they have been persuaded of the case for an Independant Scotland. I have a lot a respect to someone who has thought through the pros and cons and made a decision.

Making the decision on it's "our country" and "our own soil" does not sit comfortably with me.

You support a Free Palestine, Yet Condem the Democratic Decision of the people of Scotland to Decide there own Future - You Sir are @ NawBag !

post-8992-0-28506700-1410702634_thumb.jp