The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Or it being less than interesting?

(Unless your small life revolved around watching other lives depicted on screen?)

Eta I have had a google. A chap from Greenock. (My original comment is now more steadfast.)

I know the face.

I've never seen Monarch of the Glen.

I wouldn't want a hug.

I don't have a vote.

I dont have much time for telly these days, but enjoy the odd movie. Sweet sixteen was an excellent film. Problem for young scottish actors is that there is not a lot written for them, screenwriters seem to have a london-centric perspective.

But here is an idea, maybe i could write something with wee martin as a crazed bus driver who has locked a bunch of unsuspecting furriners he groomed on the internet in his leyland-daf crewbus, with the intention of boring the poor buggers to death as he transports them across the highlands. His motive could be to subvert the move to independence by attempting to destroy the tourist indistry single-handedly. he can refer to the locals as "dildos" (from confines of his speeding bus) and show his softer side by offering helpful tips on spelling and grammar.

Wow right enough, Tony. Scraping the bottom of the barrel now. That is a non-story by a publicity seeker but if it comforts you, believe.

People might tell you that uk is ok an equal society.

It's actually the 2nd most unequal society in the western world.

what is more important, the absolute wealth of the poor or their relative poverty?

would my mother-in-law be able to upgrade to a 4 star apartment on her annual trip to turkey in a more equal society or would have to downgrade to 2 stars?

The guy says "While the unionists have dithered over devolution, it’s the campaign for an independent Scotland that has come closest to Devo Plus"

Is this guy saying that Devo Plus is what we should aspire to and independence only comes the closest at this point in time?

Guest TPAFKATS

what is more important, the absolute wealth of the poor or their relative poverty?

would my mother-in-law be able to upgrade to a 4 star apartment on her annual trip to turkey in a more equal society or would have to downgrade to 2 stars?

You are becoming ever more obsessed with your MIL

Guest TPAFKATS

The guy says "While the unionists have dithered over devolution, it’s the campaign for an independent Scotland that has come closest to Devo Plus"

Is this guy saying that Devo Plus is what we should aspire to and independence only comes the closest at this point in time?

He's confused as to what they are actually offering with regards to further devolution...and he was heading up the project!

You'd expect phrases like Natsi's and traitors to come from school kids not grown men.

I don't think anyone who votes NO is a traitor, in the same way I don't believe I am "splitting" up the Union.how comes Wales and Northern Ireland have hardly been mentioned by the NO camp? I think people like Lamont, Murphy, Davidson ,Galloway ect should hang their heads in shame the way they have acted though.

I think the NO camp should of had this tied up months ago. They could have made up powers even if they have no intention of giving them to Scotland. We'll see if the scare mongering has worked, there has been people switch over to YES because of it but there is still people buying it.

The VOW from the 3 stoogies is laughable. How can you trust any of them, especially Nick Clegg.. I thought the actions of Westminster in 1979 would still be fresh in the memory for some of the older posters on here and in general. It's the same thing all over again.

I believe Scotland has the resources to go it alone, even if you take oil out of it. It's down to whether or not the people of Scotland are smart enough and want it enough. We, as a nation, are more than smart enough. There is no reason why we can't run our own affairs. Even David Cameron has admitted this.

Who can we possibly vote for in the next General Election,who has Scotland's best interests at Heart if its a NO vote? Milliband? Cameron again? That racist twat? Seriously a Tory/UKIP coalition fills me with fear. I don't want Scotland to be a part of that. I also don't want Scotland to have its share of blood on our hands from illegal wars and nuclear weapons that are 30 miles away from us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11098848/Betfair-pays-out-early-on-Scottish-independence-No-vote.html

Bet fair so confident of a NO vote, that they're paying out to people who have bet on it already.

More great news... No complacency though, let's win this and win it well, no thanks!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11098848/Betfair-pays-out-early-on-Scottish-independence-No-vote.html

Bet fair so confident of a NO vote, that they're paying out to people who have bet on it already.

More great news... No complacency though, let's win this and win it well, no thanks!

IOBS better try for a refund on that bottle then. lol.gif

I think the better bet is in respect of by how much the no vote will win by.

My brother told me this morning that he has a bet on the no vote winning at least 60% of the vote.

loads of reports suggest that the BBC manipulated the kids going into the Hydro last thursday for the debate. Apparently the BBC were trying to tell kids that they had to sit in the don't know sections instead of the yeas as they didn't want the overwhelming numbers in the Yes section to be visible on TV. Happily, most of the kids told them where to go

It is true. I personally know one such youth, who was asked to do so.

The yes campaigners protesting about the 'british brainwashing corporation' brings back memories of the rangers fans similar problems with the bbc...

Actually, it rather reminds me of the successful "Diddy Club" supporters exposing the media lies & bias, ensuring Rangers were not fast tracked back into the top league. Surely you remember that!

Old news surely. Scotland assumed you drew the line horizontally from where the border reached the sea but apparently the line should continue in the direction it was actually heading when it reached the coast.ie North East. No doubt it won't matter after Friday anyway.

You are quoting the natural prolongation principle which is part of maritime law. I think, however, that the point of the video is that the UK had accepted the previous maritime boundary until they decided that they could disadvantage Scotland by redrawing it. To make it even worse, it was not discussed in the UK parliament but done by secondary legislation on the signature of a minister on the eve of the opening of the devolved Scottish parliament, thus making it impossible for the Scottish parliament to discuss it. It is yet another example of the duplicity of the UK establishment.