The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not wanting to oppress you, i want you to reveal who you think has been involved in ballot rigging to make it feel like Germany in 1933.

The people who walked into the Polling Stations in Glasgow pretending to be others and voted in their place and to the silly people organising these polls - we should be forced to show ID of some kind to prove we are who we are and not just turn up saying "I'm sorry, I forgot to bring my Polling Card with me".

Edited by iTony

Why do you keep banging on about the "truth" then? It's over, Cockles. I voted, you voted we both voted under a democratic system and the people of Scotland now have to live with the decision made by the majority. No "brown shirting" by you or anyone else can change that. Or should we expect a demand for a recount next Thursday?

Only if elvis gets his way.

Announced on the BBC shock1.gif a few minutes ago.....

To step down as First Minister in November at the next SNP conference - was inevitable after yesterday's result, personally I had a lot of reservations about how the YES campaign was run but he's been a great leader for Scotland. Remaining in politics but as a backbencher presumably. I wish him well.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Are you saying that no political party or an organisation like the Yes campaign was behind the ballot rigging, unlike Germany in 1933?

Yes. I'm saying people who went into Polling Stations pretending to be other people and stole honest voters vote for any shenanigans and underhand activities last night. Is that what happened in Germany in 1933?

Indeed. I don't want to see Slartibartfast, SalmondBuddie, FTOF and other extremists fill this website with more of their evil ways.

I'm guessing that's me you're referring to, and I know I shouldn't but, okay, I'll bite, Siddley - show some posts where I'm being an "extremist" and demonstrate my "evil ways."

Of course, if it's someone else you mean then please accept my apologies.

you remind me of 50 years ago in a school playground I bet you were one of the ones going fight fight, fight. Thankfully our country knows how to go about an independence election in a democratic way one side win one side lose. End of story.

Oh, I wish it was.... Oh, how I wish it was! :rolleyes:

just Renfrewshire

Ta. :)

I'm guessing that's me you're referring to, and I know I shouldn't but, okay, I'll bite, Siddley - show some posts where I'm being an "extremist" and demonstrate my "evil ways."

Of course, if it's someone else you mean then please accept my apologies.

I don't even need to show them to you, as you know as well as I do, you've made posts referring to people different from you, even ones with health problems, in a joke like way. If that kind of behaviour is comfortable with you and you don't mind other people reading such posts then fair enough, good on you Salmon(d)Buddie. All joking aside, you won't see me pointing and laughing at folk with health issues or disabilities. That's the difference between being a brown shirt and a person who wears normal clothing.

Edited by iTony

The leader of the Tory party and, by extension, the current PM is totally up to them. Let's see if Cameron can stand up to them.

if they come up with a way of stopping Scots mps voting on ruk issues them its not the tories who will be the problem...

the tories devolution plans go much further than labour

and there is a very good reason for that

for some odd reason, people have been banging on about the tories wanting a no vote

in pretty sure the English tories would have been happy had we voted yes

It seems the more affluent the area, the higher was the no vote

in general, to use slartibartfast's terminology, it was life's losers who voted yes

it was a landslide no in the capital

as Glasgow, n lanarkshire & w dunbartonshire r all co joined, maybe they could declare independence and leave the rest of us to get on with it?

we could even build a new independent corridor road up to dundee

build a big fence to keep them in and give them an annual payment towards their giros?

It seems the more affluent the area, the higher was the no vote

in general, to use slartibartfast's terminology, it was life's losers who voted yes

it was a landslide no in the capital

as Glasgow, n lanarkshire & w dunbartonshire r all co joined, maybe they could declare independence and leave the rest of us to get on with it?

we could even build a new independent corridor road up to dundee

build a big fence to keep them in and give them an annual payment towards their giros?

Just give me a few days to get myself moved the 100nyards or so across the border to South Lanarkshire

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm not wanting to oppress you, i want you to reveal who you think has been involved in ballot rigging to make it feel like Germany in 1933.

Go easy, he must be some age now if he experienced Germany in 1933.