The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The poll by Progressive Partnership - not a member of the British Polling Council, wonder why - has as much credibility as this one:

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/38033-new-referendum-poll/#entry1160834

What they both show is a trend in favour of a Yes vote. Doesn't matter how you spin it, for now anyway, a Yes vote is much more likely than seemed possible even 6 months ago. All we need now is England to win the World Cup and it's job done.

:)

ETA - should've said, that poll shows a 34% Yes compared to 27% in November vs 54% compared to 56% in November.

Edited by salmonbuddie

The poll by Progressive Partnership - not a member of the British Polling Council, wonder why - has as much credibility as this one:

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/38033-new-referendum-poll/#entry1160834

What they both show is a trend in favour of a Yes vote. Doesn't matter how you spin it, for now anyway, a Yes vote is much more likely than seemed possible even 6 months ago. All we need now is England to win the World Cup and it's job done.

smile.png

ETA - should've said, that poll shows a 34% Yes compared to 27% in November vs 54% compared to 56% in November.

Not a single pollster can agree on how much BT lead by.

That suggests they are all wrong. Every one of them.

As someone else said, the idea that over 1.5 MILLION Scots are going to bottle it and vote to remain part of a Westminster parliament we've spent decades whining about is beyond belief. I just can't bring myself to believe that at all.

I can easily see 1.5 million voting Yes though.

You will have several different types of people voting Yes.

Those who believe in change for the sake of change.

Those who don't like being ruled by Westminster.

Those who hate the English and think this is the way to get rid of them.

Those who believe in taking personal responsibility for everything.

Some will cover all four categories and ALL of them will be filled with passion making them hard Yes voters.

On the No side I just don't think you have that. I think fear and selfishness is driving that campaign.

Oh and Sevco fans. Are we seriously looking at 1.5 MILLION of these people? I don't think so.

What thew No campaign need is a small turnout.

Edited by oaksoft

Indeed, but they will need to convince those that are "anti-Yes" to vote No on the day.

Al lot of people that are saying "No" aren't really pro-no, simly unsure of a Yes vote as the prospect of what they see as change makes them feel uncertain, without considering that status-quo is not an option. - it's a totally normal reaction.

The advantage the Yes campaign has is that the majority of those saying Yes WILL vote for Yes, unlike many DKs / No s, who won't bother to vote at all.

I am convinced on this basis that YES WILL WIN!

:)

Progressive partnership are credited as the first polling organization to see the SNP winning the last Scottish Elections so it's funny to see you smearing them now. As for a trend in favour of a yes vote - really? You've been stuck way below 40% for ages and were counting on the don't knows going your way to win. What we see now though is the don't knows are dissolving and turning into Nos. There's not been many polls giving the nos 50%+ but here we have it in FOUR separate polls

Not a single pollster can agree on how much BT lead by.

That suggests they are all wrong. Every one of them.

As someone else said, the idea that over 1.5 MILLION Scots are going to bottle it and vote to remain part of a Westminster parliament we've spent decades whining about is beyond belief. I just can't bring myself to believe that at all.

I can easily see 1.5 million voting Yes though.

You will have several different types of people voting Yes.

Those who believe in change for the sake of change.

Those who don't like being ruled by Westminster.

Those who hate the English and think this is the way to get rid of them.

Those who believe in taking personal responsibility for everything.

Some will cover all four categories and ALL of them will be filled with passion making them hard Yes voters.

On the No side I just don't think you have that. I think fear and selfishness is driving that campaign.

Oh and Sevco fans. Are we seriously looking at 1.5 MILLION of these people? I don't think so.

Nonsense oaksoft. Every poll is showing the Yes Campaign losing. Not one has them in the lead. Most have the Yes Campaign some 20 points behind despite the massive bankrolling the campaign has had from the Weirs. The reason is that despite your claims Scots are not ideologically driven. It is about how much money they have in their pocket and it's about the complete lack of financial credibility that the Yes Campaign has.

More and more people have learned that the SNP claim that it's all in their White Paper is shite too. Cause no matter the topic when you refer back to it you see it's all uncosted rhetoric on the back of a load of wild assumptions.

Course Salmond is toxic too. The crass way he dealt with Scottish Ukrainian complaints about his comments about Putin shows just how damaging he is. It's a shame the SNP didn't elect Sillars as their leader. The campaign would have been much more honest, and much more exciting

Nonsense oaksoft. Every poll is showing the Yes Campaign losing. Not one has them in the lead. Most have the Yes Campaign some 20 points behind despite the massive bankrolling the campaign has had from the Weirs. The reason is that despite your claims Scots are not ideologically driven. It is about how much money they have in their pocket and it's about the complete lack of financial credibility that the Yes Campaign has.

More and more people have learned that the SNP claim that it's all in their White Paper is shite too. Cause no matter the topic when you refer back to it you see it's all uncosted rhetoric on the back of a load of wild assumptions.

Course Salmond is toxic too. The crass way he dealt with Scottish Ukrainian complaints about his comments about Putin shows just how damaging he is. It's a shame the SNP didn't elect Sillars as their leader. The campaign would have been much more honest, and much more exciting

You could have saved yourself several minutes of typing. I didn't read it and I won't be responding to your points.

Maybe when you grow up and stop trolling.

Stu

The "Putin" argument is getting a bit tiresome now - that was news 2 weeks ago!

Nothing "new" to argue?

That's not how it works. You can't make a catastrophic foreign policy mistake and have it swept under the carpet for no one to mention ever again. I can understand why you feel that way but can you understand why Scottish Ukrainian s might be more than a bit pissed off at being palmed off with an unapologetic letter quoting nothing but SNP rhetoric when asking for an apology

That's not how it works. You can't make a catastrophic foreign policy mistake and have it swept under the carpet for no one to mention ever again. I can understand why you feel that way but can you understand why Scottish Ukrainian s might be more than a bit pissed off at being palmed off with an unapologetic letter quoting nothing but SNP rhetoric when asking for an apology

You mean like Afghanistan / Iraq (twice)

You mean like Afghanistan / Iraq (twice)

Does SD really believe that we will be talking about the Salmond-Putin Affair more than 20 years from now? Somehow I doubt it!

SD's definition of catastrophe is obviously very different from mine.

A poll on a football forum for fans of a Scottish Football team - the rest of the country and the "No" campaign will really be shitting themselves! lol.gif

Where did I say it was reason for that? Classic troll behaviour.

Does SD really believe that we will be talking about the Salmond-Putin Affair more than 20 years from now? Somehow I doubt it!

I don't see why not. We're still talking about Alex Salmonds cowerdice in the Balkins as he urged the UK to stand aside and let the genocide continue.

Guest TPAFKATS

Different from yours but mibees similar to Lord NawNaw.

Personally, I'd rather have a political leader in my country that sticks to his guns and doesnt apologise just because his opponents tell him he should.

Of course its all very selective - Obama has said similar positive things about Putin, as has Cameron (its called politics & diplomacy). Dont recall seeing an outcry over it.

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't see why not. We're still talking about Alex Salmonds cowerdice in the Balkins as he urged the UK to stand aside and let the genocide continue.

Oh look - another lie!

You said the poll showed a trend if favour of yes. I never said that you said that people would be worried about it but you already know that what with you being a troll and a Natsi one at that.

I just pointed out how ridiculous the idea was of using a poll on a forum for supporters of a football team as proof that "Yes" was showing a clear trend. You are persistent with your spinning and Nationalism.

Another lie, folks, that is not at all what I said, only the troll's deliberate misinterpretation of what I said, it really is getting tedious now. Read it for yourself and make your own mind up.

Another lie, folks, that is not at all what I said, only the troll's deliberate misinterpretation of what I said, it really is getting tedious now. Read it for yourself and make your own mind up.

In fairness without you and Tony continually responding to them they';d have fecked off about 100 pages ago.

I'm sure you told ME that once as well.

And that last post by the troll really is proof that it's StuD (in my opinion), almost word for word what he said about libraries a while back.

And it's opinion, I'm entitled to it, so I don't need to provide any proof whatsoever before you start whinging, Maxi/StuD.

Edited by salmonbuddie

In fairness without you and Tony continually responding to them they';d have fecked off about 100 pages ago.

I did, and I have with StuD, Maxi's made a recent comeback and I'd forgotten just how irritating and trollish he is,he's back on the "don't engage" list..

Where was he anyway, the debate was much more civilised when he wasn't here....

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm not continually responding, moe like occasionally or rarely...

No, I'm not Stuart D. I'd like you to prove it or is your answer to that going to be to threaten me again?

More trolling, more making things up, more ignoring what's been written. I didn't threaten anyone, I pointed out the consequences to anyone who calls me a Nazi to my face. Read back for yourselves, folks, the troll's still digging.

Tick-tock right enough.

Here's a poll that was commissioned by the UK government and they didn't like the results as they showed a gain for YES so they decided to bury it and not publish the results.

I don't think any polls have shown YES to be in the lead by any means, but I think there is evidence that the YES vote has grown in numbers over the last year depending on what data/polls you look at and they are counting on this momentum continuing until September. There was also the spinning of the statistics on this poll too so who knows what to believe.....

I think it could easily end up quite tight on the day.

I just really hope that we can all accept the outcome fair and square either way and move on although I really doubt it. No matter who wins, there will be no end to the "this would never have happened if......" from both sides which is going to get quite annoying.

Guest TPAFKATS

Wee Dougie Alexander being touted as the new saviour of the union (Darling's been put out to grass). He couldnt manage the self check out in Morrisons at lunchtime a week past on Friday never mind a referendum campaign.

Mind you, he does have an unenviable record when it comes to managing campaigns - 2007, 2010, 2011 elections, David Millibands leadership...