The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Be careful, there might be some angry voters behind you. whistling.gif

I'm expecting that there is a combination of caricatures (sorry..campaigners) outside. A Scottish Mrs Doyle representing the yes camp "go on, go on, go on, go on"... and an ex-girlfriend type representing no "please give us one more chance" as she's worried it's over.

I've seen 3 cars in the last hour. Each with a St Andrews flag fluttering from their windows.

No writing or slogans on either flag.

Are they undecided ?

Guy on the street with Scotland top on. Again no writing or slogan.

Is he undecided ?

Scotland colours belong to all, not just to the yays.

I've seen 3 cars in the last hour. Each with a St Andrews flag fluttering from their windows.

Are they undecided ?

Is he undecided ?

If you're looking for Mel Gibson, he's up here, along with his fan club.lol.gif

Are they undecided ?

Is he undecided ?

Agreed , thing is though the better together adopted their own colour nobody said they could not use the flag of Scotland another clanger by the better together if you ask me.

Birds flying high[/size]You know how I feel[/size]Sun in the sky[/size]You know how I feel[/size]Breeze driftin' on by[/size]You know how I feel[/size]It's a new dawn[/size]It's a new day[/size]It's a new life[/size]For me[/size]And I'm feeling good[/size]I'm feeling good[/size]

Real good[/size]

Never drink before noon.

Agreed , thing is though the better together adopted their own colour nobody said they could not use the flag of Scotland another clanger by the better together if you ask me.

Why does anybody need to wave a flag ?

Nobody cares.

Just put a ' x ' in whatever box ye desire.

Can we discuss what happens after a result.

1) if it's a Yes can we do straight to our own currency or the Euro?

The Euro is quite weak at the moment and we would get lots for our pound. It will be interesting to see if a yes vote strengthens or weakens the Pound against the Euro and Dollar. If the pound weakens then that may encourage the politicians to come to amicable agreements quicker.

2) if it's a No vote it will be fun watching the UK Goverment deciding what to do next. If they don't come up with acceptable proposals then we could find the SNP getting an even bigger mandate at the May 2015 Scottish elections. Then another referendum would follow. Alex says he does not envisage another opportunity for a generation, but I believe he is just playing the political game.

Can we discuss what happens after a result.

1) if it's a Yes can we do straight to our own currency or the Euro?

The Euro is quite weak at the moment and we would get lots for our pound. It will be interesting to see if a yes vote strengthens or weakens the Pound against the Euro and Dollar. If the pound weakens then that may encourage the politicians to come to amicable agreements quicker.

2) if it's a No vote it will be fun watching the UK Goverment deciding what to do next. If they don't come up with acceptable proposals then we could find the SNP getting an even bigger mandate at the May 2015 Scottish elections. Then another referendum would follow. Alex says he does not envisage another opportunity for a generation, but I believe he is just playing the political game.

I think you are right , our resident genius. This time , the desire for self determinism will not go away . The people of Scotland will find out relatively quickly that , the promise of extra powers is a hollow one .

The opening of the Scots Parliament in 1999 , only strengthened the desire for greater self determinism and indeed , a No vote today will do the same . .

Are they undecided ?

Is he undecided ?

You can repeat that until the day you die but it won't make it true.

Wearing tartan and then voting No smacks of "the lady doth protest too much".

The motivation to pull on that tartan coat with the No badge? That'll be the guilt kicking in.

Edited by oaksoft

Voted earlier and the Yes campaign were handing out T shirts , badges , hats and even foam fingers to the school pupils they thought were old enough to vote , never agreed with the fact that 16 and 17 year olds are allowed to vote in the biggest decision in our countries history but when I seen the freebies being handed to the young people can see it now, they can't buy cigarettes , booze or watch certain cert movie or even buy video games but the YES side desperately depend on them to try and win this vote .

Guest TPAFKATS

Voted earlier and the Yes campaign were handing out T shirts , badges , hats and even foam fingers to the school pupils they thought were old enough to vote , never agreed with the fact that 16 and 17 year olds are allowed to vote in the biggest decision in our countries history but when I seen the freebies being handed to the young people can see it now, they can't buy cigarettes , booze or watch certain cert movie or even buy video games but the YES side desperately depend on them to try and win this vote .

They can pay tax, they can also get married.