St Mirren V Qots Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Lex

How often have you said that this season?

I've said that about the cup games. Not really following your point here...

Is your point that this isn't a huge game and going out to QOTS in the first hurdle of both cups and costing the clubs tens and tens of thousands of pounds is fine and not a big deal in footballing terms?

Is your point that it is a huge game but we shouldn't talk about how huge a game it is before the game?

I've said that about the cup games. Not really following your point here...

Is your point that this isn't a huge game and going out to QOTS in the first hurdle of both cups and costing the clubs tens and tens of thousands of pounds is fine and not a big deal in footballing terms?

Is your point that it is a huge game but we shouldn't talk about how huge a game it is before the game?

My point is that you're a huge critic of our manager and you're getting ready to pounce.

My point is that you're a huge critic of our manager and you're getting ready to pounce.

When did I mention the manager? Ready to pounce? Jeez... I've already predicted that we are going to win the game...?

If you're going to respond to my post at least respond to what I'm saying in the post, as opposed to what you think I'm saying.

So since were here, do you disagree with anything in my post? If so, what and why?

Think we are due a comfortable victory, played well despite drawing the last 2 games against much harder opposition than QOS and both times against new managers which is always tough. Although it is never that easy with us!

My heart says 4-1

My head says 2-1

I'll take either thumbup2.gif

Im disgusted in your attitude lol!

Kello for 3 clean sheets on the bounce I say!

It's huge in footballing terms for the club both on and off the pitch. On the park if we don't get through it will certainty be our worst result since we lost at home to Ayr United a few years ago. Off the park if we don't get through it will cost the club at least £25,000.

It will be the first time we would have been knocked out both cups at the first hurdle to lower league opposition since 1988.

So yes, huge game, comfortably our biggest of the season so far.

I'd rather have a half fit Gowser than a fully fit Harkins in the team this evening, and given Danny started and kept a half fit Gowser on the park for 80+ minutes on Saturday it would seem he agrees.

Unless Gowser's injury was aggravated on Saturday I hope and expect him to start this evening.

All I meant was id rather rest him for a game or 2 than play him and chance making a small injury worse. I hope he does start also but fully fit!

I fear it could be a pretty poor turn-out tonight, which would be a shame. It is difficult to muster up much in the way of atmosphere when the stadium is barely a third full.

I'm not intending to re-visit the specific pricing issue surrounding this match (I'm sure you will all be relieved to hear), but it seems to me that all cup replays should be priced in such a way that as many supporters as possible are encouraged to get along.

As for the game itself, I think we should win relatively comfortably, but I also said this before the original tie. I'll go for 2-0, with Harkins scoring and Cheesy chipping in with a header from a set piece.

Edited by Drew

Every game is a massive game at the moment. That's what happens when you go on a good run. No meaningless games, everything to play for and having hopes and dreams. Tonight's game will be tricky, no doubt about that. Thank god we're not adopting a Billy big time approach.as previously stated by another poster, tonight's game will be all about attitude. Get it right and we could put on a show. Who wouldnt want another day out like the 17th march?

Is that excluding the 2 he lost in the first leg? whistling.gif

Have a feeling they'll score they play pretty attacking football and I think they'll come out and have a go at us.

I could say that I meant to hit 2 instead of 3 when typing, that would be a lie though.

Really I thought we played hibs after QOTS, my bad :)

All I meant was id rather rest him for a game or 2 than play him and chance making a small injury worse. I hope he does start also but fully fit!

I see where you're coming from, I'm just reticent about resting our best player for the most important game of the season so far.

When did I mention the manager? Ready to pounce? Jeez... I've already predicted that we are going to win the game...?

If you're going to respond to my post at least respond to what I'm saying in the post, as opposed to what you think I'm saying.

So since were here, do you disagree with anything in my post? If so, what and why?

I'm confused Lex, there are many fans that don't think it's a huge game or the game would be close to a sell out.

It's the first round of the cup the huge games come later in the competition, if you are lucky enough to get there. Interestingly the size of the crowds increase as we progress throughout the competition.

This will be a though old test tonight QOS will be right up for it.

Ps I did respond to some of your points such as Gowser etc

I see where you're coming from, I'm just reticent about resting our best player for the most important game of the season so far.

Who mentioned resting Thompson? lol! ;) Youre right, we should be going best starting 11 and mcgowans the second name on the team sheet! COYS!!

Ive got to say that i do chuckle when people say "save this player in case he gets injured"

yeah..like they dont get injured in a league game....DOH !!!!!!

but if someone is carrying a slight injury you very much risk making it worse and losing their services for a number of games rather than just one.... ... DOUBLE DOH WITH KNOBS ON!!!!!!!!!!

you wouldnt play him if he had an injury ...triple Doh's and all that

Aye but he got subbed in the the first game against queens and still didn't look right against ICT. This is different from resting a fully fit player incase he get injured, that's just silly :)

Too many confident predictions on here.

This reminds of our last ever Scottish Cup tie at Love Street against the fakes.

Lucky to take it back to our place after playing poorly at theirs.

Surely we won't play as bad again,we didn't we played worse.

3 down within 30 mins.

I would take any win,penalty kicks no matter what.

I have seen put out many times by lower level teams than i care to remember

I'm confused Lex, there are many fans that don't think it's a huge game or the game would be close to a sell out.

It's the first round of the cup the huge games come later in the competition, if you are lucky enough to get there. Interestingly the size of the crowds increase as we progress throughout the competition.

This will be a though old test tonight QOS will be right up for it.

Ps I did respond to some of your points such as Gowser etc

Can't you see that to get to the money spinning later rounds we need to win these rounds? That's... How ... The ... Cups..Work.

Of course it will be a tough tests.

However, the bare facts are we have a significantly larger budget than Queens and as such our players are significantly better than theirs. The league positions of the clubs reflect this gap in quality. Oh, and we are at home, so no excuses about the surface.

Anything less than progression this evening will be nothing less than a footballing disaster for the football club.