Telly Programmes

shull

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Watching Agatha Christie’s two-parter (Murder is Easy) last night, I kept commenting on how many fine Scots actors were in this very Midsomer-murdery entertainment.

Also, I couldnae fathom where (in the south, on a rural rail route via Epsom allegedly into London) it was filmed.  🧩 🤔

It was filmed in…. East Lothian, Stirling and… Paisley!

(I think I recall Forbes Place looking toward Causeyside, for a start.  Almost tempted to skim through again. Almost.)

It was ok.  Entertaining.
LOTS of murders, lots of potential murderers, sunny, great costumes and an eventually complicated denouement.

eta: it was 2 one hour episodes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-67827510

5 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Yeah, watched that too, latest reworking of the story, focus this time on racial and class attitudes but still a decent watch.

Reworking of the story? They should be done under the trade descriptions act. I gave it 30 minutes and gave up. The male lead is no longer a policeman? Why is he bothering trying to find out who the murderer is then? The BBC have butchered a great book in the name of woke nonsense. They should get back to creating great drama and stop trying to rewrite British history. 

78246C1B-76E2-4F8C-A605-4D0C40C887DF.jpeg

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

13 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

If you want honest unbiased programmes then It’s the internet based providers that lead the way, can you imagine the BBC giving this a platform now? 

While it's more than obvious you have a "thing" about the BBC it should be noted they have produced, and continue, to produce, many cracking programmes. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

While it's more than obvious you have a "thing" about the BBC it should be noted they have produced, and continue, to produce, many cracking programmes. 

I do have a thing about the BBC, I pay a licence fee and expect to be entertained, not drip fed some behavioural nudge about either how terrible and cruel the British have been in the past to minority’s or how old fashioned and out dated it is to be heterosexual. 

Just now, ALBIONSAINT said:

I do have a thing about the BBC, I pay a licence fee and expect to be entertained, not drip fed some behavioural nudge about either how terrible and cruel the British have been in the past to minority’s or how old fashioned and out dated it is to be heterosexual. 

You must be watching the wrong programmes. :lol:

Lighten up, it's almost a new year. :wub:

• 1 month later...

If you haven't watched it, try Kin.

First series on BBC iPlayer.

Second series just started last week, but on iPlayer too.

It's about a Dublin gangster family. Really good IMO.

Hidden Assets is good too. About the Irish criminal assets bureau. Based in Shannon and Antwerp.

Just about finished 1st series (on iPlayer). Second series on iPlayer too.

Almost time for the highlight of the week, Trigger Point. 

Oh, watched an episode of a series that's on BBC3, and the iPlayer, on Friday night, Boarders.

Fair enjoyed it, reasonably predictable story of 5 black kids from the poorer areas of a city who are given a scholarship as a very upmarket private school.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Almost time for the highlight of the week, Trigger Point. 

Oh, watched an episode of a series that's on BBC3, and the iPlayer, on Friday night, Boarders.

Fair enjoyed it, reasonably predictable story of 5 black kids from the poorer areas of a city who are given a scholarship as a very upmarket private school.

Do the TV companies think we're all sniveling wrecks as they "warn" us about some scenes that might upset us?

What a society we've become. 👎

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching THAT'S TV tonight. There are lots of old classic programmes to watch .

Steptoe & Son, Bread, Shameless, In Sickness and In Health with Alf, Rab C Nesbitt and Little Britain.

Fantastic entertainment 

1 hour ago, shull said:

I am watching THAT'S TV tonight. There are lots of old classic programmes to watch .

Steptoe & Son, Bread, Shameless, In Sickness and In Health with Alf, Rab C Nesbitt and Little Britain.

Fantastic entertainment 

What channel on sky is it on Shull ?

28 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

What channel on sky is it on Shull ?

Dunno, I will try find out 

On mine, Channel 8 for That's TV and Channel 65 for That's TV2..

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Dunno, I will try find out 

On mine, Channel 8 for That's TV and Channel 65 for That's TV2..

Sky maybe 188 or 171.

Also, Freeview 71 in Manchester