Telly Programmes

shull

9 hours ago, Slarti said:
14 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Was just flicking the channels and came across Tipping Point.
It was a question to see who went through which was along the lines of............
Which historic English city is an anagram of RODFOX.
Poor Joe shouted "London"............................his face when he realised he had fcuked up. emoji38.png

Stupid c**t, it's obviously Foxrod.

Correct, get your application in, Tipping Point could be a chance to make a name for yourself. :thumbs2

On 7/31/2023 at 11:17 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Watched the first two episodes of Murder in the building, not bad, just need to stop thinking about the wizards of Waverley place. 

Only murders in the building?

I loved series 1 & 2, I'm guessing theywere filmed as a single project.  Series 3 is nicely set up and I am looking forward to more of Steve Martin and Martin Short's brilliance. Less so Selena Gomez's botoxed face and diminishing ability to speak thouigh she is not sufficiently bad to ruin the rest of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I enjoyed it.

Once you "buy into" the people you have your favourites and it then becomes a wee bit more competitive from the viewing point of view. :wink:

Aye, a decent watch. 

PS (too late to edit the above post but it'll get "tantrum" really excited with all these posts :lol:) I'm already doubting the accuracy of the money being spent compared to the other 3 couples.

I'll leave it at that until you watch the first episode. :wink:

On 9/22/2023 at 8:03 PM, faraway saint said:

Just about to start watching Celebrity Race Across the World. 

Hope it is as decent as it seemed to be from the excerpts.  😉

Just watched the 2nd episode, still enjoying it.

One of the couples I'm not keen on fcuked up big time and lost a serious amount of time on the other 3 couples. 

Oh how I laughed. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first episode of The Reckoning last night.

The painful story of Jimmy Savile.

The opening scenes, including footage from his funeral which was close to a Royal funeral, were astonishing.

At that point he was still mostly seen as a national treasure, quite an eye opener. 

Next episode on BBC1 tonight at 9:00pm. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The opening scenes, including footage from his funeral which was close to a Royal funeral, were astonishing.

If there really was a God you’d think that these evil people wouldn’t be allowed into such a place. But Jesus died for their sins supposedly. 

Johnny Rotten had his card marked in the ‘70s when he spoke out about Savile but was subsequently banned by the BBC. 

Jerry Sadowitz also publicly spoke out in the 80s but this broadcast was also “silenced”.

How many lives were destroyed by Savile? Disgusting how so many stayed silent for so long. Money and power corrupts so many. 

There are plenty other “stars” who have used their status to hide their deviant behaviour. 

Watched the first episode of Beckham on Netflix last night.

What a football player. Just reached the infamous incident when he was sent off against Argentina.

The reaction from Hoddle fuelled the frenzy of the media and the English supporters who, like many supporters had short memories. 

Also watched the first episode of Who KIlled Jill Dando.

Like the Savile shitshow I'd forgotten how popular she was and the brutality of her murder. 

• 1 month later...

Boat Story.

6 one hour episodes. (Available on iPlayer, now)

I watched  episodes 1 and 2 on Sun and Monday.  BBC.

Excellent - fast, funny, brutally and gratuitously violent.  Critics complain that it’s too Coen Brothers or Tarantino-ish… which I see as V. complimentary.

genuinely funny and a wonderfully intricate/complicated style of storytelling.

eg we saw the Epilogue as Prologue early in the first episode.  Just shows what confidence the writers have in the material.

Fantastic acting.

it’s by Harry Williams and Jack Williams, who wrote The Missing and Baptiste….  Which I’ve not seen but might now look for.

Edited by antrin

I'm watching Missing 411 on Amazon Prime. I saw this guy's Tweet and it led me to the series.

I have a friend who's utterly convinced that aliens exist and the US have their bodies. He's a very clever guy and a diligent researcher. I'm not convinced, but remain open-minded.

Just finished watching the second series of Irvine Welsh's Crime on ITVX, gritty, enjoyed it, now looking forward to the second series of Jack Reacher in mid December on Prime. If you haven't watched Cause of Death on channel 5, about the work of a coroner it is really interesting if also quite sad at times.