Missing 3 Year Old Boy Found Dead

faraway saint

Seen this sad news item last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25772465

Puzzled me how a "small" 3 year old, only 2' in height (Although the article above has grown him to 3' blink.png , BBC shoddy reporting anyone), could open his own door, open the security door? The police say his parent have said he was capable of opening these doors by himself.

He also usually slept in the same bed as his sister but on this particular night he didn't?

No signs of forced entry to the security door or his front door.

Murmurings of custody issues with the father, although not confirmed.

It'll be interesting, probably not the right term, to see how this develops as I'm not convinced a 3 year old could have done this with no one hearing anything and on his own.

Edited by faraway saint

Hmm, broken ( should say shattered family background ) with numerous kids and various parental fathers, all for a happy family setting does not make. Allegedly the second estranged father is involved.........................

I do blame the parents ..................

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Only read the small bit I saw online last night, the thing that I did notice was that she put him to bed at 9pm (bit late for a 3yr old?) and then at 7.15 he wasn't there. Don't parents usually (espec with kids that age) look in on them through the night, like when they go to bed or get up during night to go to toilet?

Feck my ex used to check on his 2 teenage boys!

Only read the small bit I saw online last night, the thing that I did notice was that she put him to bed at 9pm (bit late for a 3yr old?) and then at 7.15 he wasn't there. Don't parents usually (espec with kids that age) look in on them through the night, like when they go to bed or get up during night to go to toilet?

I used to check on my kids, but eventually stopped a couple of years ago.

I just couldn't bear the crippling disappointment of finding them still there.

Too much?

I used to check on my kids, but eventually stopped a couple of years ago.

I just couldn't bear the crippling disappointment of finding them still there.

Too much?

You dont mean that. You are just showing off in front of your friends, sorry fellow forum users.

What would Mrs Drew say!

Good one though.:D

There are quite a few things that "don't add up" with the mothers "story".

It'll all come out, and I doubt it'll take very long.

Seen this sad news item last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25772465

Puzzled me how a "small" 3 year old, only 2' in height (Although the article above has grown him to 3' blink.png , BBC shoddy reporting anyone), could open his own door, open the security door? The police say his parents have said he was capable of opening these doors by himself.

He also usually slept in the same bed as his sister but on this particular night he didn't?

No signs of forced entry to the security door or his front door.

Murmurings of custody issues with the father, although not confirmed.

It'll be interesting, probably not the right term, to see how this develops as I'm not convinced a 3 year old could have done this with no one hearing anything and on his own.

My son was very adept at getting any door in the house open at the age of 2 with the aid of his little plastic chair, didnt take him long to work that one out.

Interesting to see all the super parents casting doubt on how well looked after the wee boy was. He could have left at 9;30 or 06:00, and if the dad is a suspect then why are the police combing parks, streets and fields? and again, why would he take only one child?. Best to see how this plays out before proferring chit-chat base judgements

I really do think that that is too much.

Would you favour a hair shirt, or sackcloth and ashes?

I am self-flagellating furiously at the moment, though I have heard it told this can make a person blind.

Edited by Drew

My son was very adept at getting any door in the house open at the age of 2 with the aid of his little plastic chair, didnt take him long to work that one out.

I suspect that might say more about who he had to share a house with.

Interesting to see all the super parents casting doubt on how well looked after the wee boy was. He could have left at 9;30 or 06:00, and if the dad is a suspect then why are the police combing parks, streets and fields? and again, why would he take only one child?. Best to see how this plays out before proferring chit-chat base judgements

A front door? I can't argue, if you say so, but I'd be surprised many could open a front door. Also the security door, did he drag his plastic chair down with him?

Also the mother stated he normally sleeps in the same bed as his sister but on this night he didn't and he foes missing? That's some coincidence.

As for the police combing parks etc, you'll find that's standard police procedure at this stage. They would be publicly destroyed if they didn't do this it doesn't mean they are not "keeping a open mind" to any possibility.

All I'm saying is I doubt he's done a runner on his own.

No doubt kids are adept at opening things. You only need to think about people shoving elastic bands on kitchen unit doors to deter opening those.

I don't care how adept a three year old can be at opening front doors. They can't open them if parents lock them and shove the keys in a place no kid could get to.

Locking doors and hiding the keys. It's a wonder more parents don't do this . No wait, 99.99999% of parents do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the kid isn't in Pakistan by now with his father and his family. The police may be playing it one way, letting members of the public tread all over potential forensic evidence looking for the boy suggests they may not actually think he just walked. I have trouble believing the things I'm hearing from the mother about what happened too. Call me cynical but this whole affair smacks of an arranged family abduction.

I wouldn't be surprised if the kid isn't in Pakistan by now with his father and his family. The police may be playing it one way, letting members of the public tread all over potential forensic evidence looking for the boy suggests they may not actually think he just walked. I have trouble believing the things I'm hearing from the mother about what happened too. Call me cynical but this whole affair smacks of an arranged family abduction.

I agree about the current police approach, quite often this "search" is nothing more than lip service while, as you say, they look for forensic evidence.

Whether arranged or not, with no forced entry and the change in sleeping arrangements that very night smacks of a inside job.

Hope the kid is OK, that's the important thing, which I know everyone who posts on here will also be thinking. Don't understand the faux-indignation expressed towards anyone who had the temerity to post a tongue-in-cheek comment along the way.

The kid will probably turn up at Bastia, then get sent back to Edinburgh - can only play for three parents per' season.

Cue reprimand in outraged fashion...

Would you favour a hair shirt, or sackcloth and ashes?

I am self-flagellating furiously at the moment, though I have heard it told this can make a person blind.

No need to beat yourself up any more, being stupid and ugly are punishment enough for you.

I dont understand the violet-elizabeth repsonse to my comment, you did ask if it was too much and you got told. Don't ask questions if you are unlikely to like an honest answer.

The very fact that you asked the question showed you knew the joke was over the top, but hid behind a coy little shitebag postscript

Big man, eh

I now brace myself for the arrival of your posse, who normally come to your aid in these circumstances.

Hope the kid is OK, that's the important thing, which I know everyone who posts on here will also be thinking. Don't understand the faux-indignation expressed towards anyone who had the temerity to post a tongue-in-cheek comment along the way.

The kid will probably turn up at Bastia, then get sent back to Edinburgh - can only play for three parents per' season.

Cue reprimand in outraged fashion...

Stuff me, the posse were already here and i never realised. Get stuck in boys. Pure class

Edited by beyond our ken

I am seriously concerned about your mental well-being.

Posse? FFS It's Yul Brynner time again! Yee-hah, fcuk yer' CiC!

Etc... Ad infinitum.

I would question your qualifications and experience in regard to mental health issues. Is that seriously your response though? anyone who disagrees with you is a looney? Nice man.

Maybe you should stick to making jokes about missing kids, it suits you better.

When I think of some of the things I got up to in my bedroom when I was a teenager, I thank God that my parents never came in.

On the other hand, I walked in on my parents convinced we had burglars.

There are some things a 13 year old should never see his mother and father doing.

Each other, is one of them.

Edited by oaksoft

I would question your qualifications and experience in regard to mental health issues. Is that seriously your response though? anyone who disagrees with you is a looney? Nice man.

Maybe you should stick to making jokes about missing kids, it suits you better.

I was right to voice my concern about your state of mind when posting. Sheesh!