Wrong Attitude

Kendo

And even after they signed practically a whole new team in this window, he's still in the starting line up.

Yet we are content signing players who can't make it into other SPL teams.

And considering players who can't even make it into a first division team....

Mind bogglingunsure.png

That's exactly what RC did when they signed Carey surely ??? They signed a player who wasn't a regular starter at another Scot Prem club.

On the attitude of the players, there is one thing that has always puzzled me about St Mirren over the years.

These guys are professional athletes. I can stomach getting beaten, more often than not, by bigger clubs than us. More paying fans means more money to buy 'better' players, but these guys will all train for the same amount of time during the week so they should all be at the same level of fitness.

Technically the opponents shoutd be more gifted than us, as we are a wee club with less money. There is NO excuse for any team to be fitter than us. The boys get a good wage and will be up to their necks in jacky danny every night of the week if they want to be. Even the ginger ones. They all should be LOVING the lifestyle. All they have to do is maintain the levels of fitness of a professional sportsman.

I would love to spend all day training with my pals.

No team in the country should be fitter than us. I can't honestly say that's the case.

Why?

Another way of looking at this is that maybe Dan the manager man is not the problem and everyone else is. The following people are well out of order

Iain Jenkins

Hugh Murray

John Potter

Gareth Wardlaw

Paul McQuade

Jamie McCluskey

Sean Lynch

That young ginger fullback from Cowdenbeath whose name escapes me

That young midfielder we loaned from Burnley whose name escapes me

Sam Parkin

Jeroen Tessolar

Nigel Hasselbank

Juri Travner

Dougie Imrie

Gary Harkins

Graham Carey

David Cornell

Craig Samson

Lee Mair

Jake Caprice

Gary Harkins

Grant Adam

Lewis Guy

Sander Puri

Paul Gallacher

Aaron Mooy

Michael Higdon

and

Paul McGinn

all of these bad boys left the club under wee Dan's stewardship and every single one of them could have made it (either Gus or wee Dan will have said so at some point) so they are all bawbags as wee Dan is brilliant and those buggers jus make him look bad. Shame on them useless buggers, shame on them all.

Anyway I do hope that any players we have tried to sign today just stop being stupid, stop asking for too much money, stop worrying about your future and just bloody sign for us. As you will see from the list above hardly anyone leaves a Danny Lennon run club!

Edited by TediousTom

Another way of looking at this is that maybe Dan the manager man is not the problem and everyone else is. The following people are well out of order

Iain Jenkins

Hugh Murray

John Potter

Gareth Wardlaw

Paul McQuade

Jamie McCluskey

Sean Lynch

Sam Parkin

Jeroen Tessolar

Nigel Hasselbank

Juri Travner

Dougie Imrie

Gary Harkins

Graham Carey

David Cornell

Craig Samson

Lee Mair

Jake Caprice

Gary Harkins

Grant Adam

Lewis Guy

Sander Puri

Paul Gallacher

Aaron Mooy

Michael Higdon

and

Paul McGinn

all of these bad boys left the club under wee Dan's stewardship and every single one of them could have made it (either Gus or wee Dan will have said so at some point) so they are all bawbags as wee Dan is brilliant and those buggers jus make him look bad. Shame on them useless buggers, shame on them all.

Anyway I do hope that any players we have tried to sign today just stop being stupid, stop asking for too much money, stop worrying about your future and just bloody sign for us. As you will see from the list above hardly anyone leaves a Danny Lennon run club!

Dearie me Tom ANY club would have a similar list if anyone had enough time to waste looking it up, like yourself. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Did we have 2 Gary Harkins?

Edited by faraway saint

Dearie me Tom ANY club would have a similar list if anyone had enough time to waste looking it up, like yourself. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Did we have 2 Gary Harkins?

I would wager that you know the answer to that already my distant fellow forum chum. John Potter almost appeared thrice as wee joke, I like jokes, especially mine, I often laugh at my own jokes.

Edited to add: Oops a daisy, I have made a right maximillion out of myself

Edited by TediousTom

On the attitude of the players, there is one thing that has always puzzled me about St Mirren over the years.

These guys are professional athletes. I can stomach getting beaten, more often than not, by bigger clubs than us. More paying fans means more money to buy 'better' players, but these guys will all train for the same amount of time during the week so they should all be at the same level of fitness.

Technically the opponents shoutd be more gifted than us, as we are a wee club with less money. There is NO excuse for any team to be fitter than us. The boys get a good wage and will be up to their necks in jacky danny every night of the week if they want to be. Even the ginger ones. They all should be LOVING the lifestyle. All they have to do is maintain the levels of fitness of a professional sportsman.

I would love to spend all day training with my pals.

No team in the country should be fitter than us. I can't honestly say that's the case.

Why?

A bearbug of mine is half time.

The other team come out together with a trainer and go through a work out with and without the ball

Our lot amble out at different times and their work out ranges from the crossbar challenge,pinging passes and watching Thomas Reilly chase after them.

Last week Vanzie was the only one doing any exercises and sprints while the rest just carried on.

Yes i would say the attitude stinks throughout the whole club

Tom you're correct don't listen to Faraway Lennon. Could it be that Lennon is the only one who has the wrong attitude. As for a new contract, you must be having a laugh. Only people from Arbroath would think he should get one

Iain Jenkins

Hugh Murray

John Potter

Gareth Wardlaw

Paul McQuade

Jamie McCluskey

Sean Lynch

Sam Parkin

Jeroen Tessolar

Nigel Hasselbank

Juri Travner

Dougie Imrie

Gary Harkins

Graham Carey

David Cornell

Craig Samson

Lee Mair

Jake Caprice

Gary Harkins

Grant Adam

Lewis Guy

Sander Puri

Paul Gallacher

Aaron Mooy

Michael Higdon

and

Paul McGinn

A number of players left when their contracts were up and were offered deals but chose to go elsewhere for more money:

eg Nigel Hasselbaink (who wanted to be one of our best paid players), Michael Higdon, Paul Gallacher,Craig Samson, Jeroen Tesselaar, Jure Travner...

While some on the forum told us Iain Jenkins was the brains of the operation he is currently an SFA community coach rather than a manager or assistant at another SPL club... and we've improved since Tommy Craig replaced him.

Another group of players were reaching the end of their shelf life at St Mirren due to their age... is Tedious Tom suggesting that John Potter, Garry Brady, Craig Dargo, Hugh Murray and Lee Mair should still be with us and in DL's future plans... only 1 player from the list is currently with another SPL club.

Others were signed as squad players or prospects who might strengthen the youth team and then make the step up a year or two later: Sam Parkin, John Robertson, Joe McKee, Bradley, Kieran Dillon, Sander Puri, Grant Adam, Paul McGinn, Jamie McCluskey, Gareth Wardlaw, Sean Lynch,Jake Caprice... how many of them are doing well at other SPL clubs?

So out of your long list of disgruntled ex-employees we are left with the likes of Dougie Imrie, Graham Carey, Gary Harkins, Danny Grainger as star signings who bombed under DL -Imrie is playing for Morton at the bottom of the Championship, Grainger has signed with Dunfermline in League 1, Carey is doing fine at Ross County (similar standard to us) and Harkins is in League 1 in England.

On the question of attitude maybe if some of the players mentioned showed the same attitude as Gary Teale when he was on the fringes of the first team they would still be with us now?

Overspending on players and wages almost crippled us and put us under once before, maybe folk would be more happy at parkhead where they spend £1m on a player or at ibrox where they certainly aren't scared to continue spending money they clearly don't have!

People talk about ambition, I remember we were one goal away from the second division still reeling from shelling out on Victor and Archibald, we had to sell our stadium to survive that, we won't be able to do that again anytime soon.

Get a grip and stop getting caught up in the sky sports-manufactured hype of deadline day, Oaksoft is right - folk are looking at clubs round about us thinking we should be copying them when it's them that should be taking a leaf out of our book.

The best signings we have made in the last couple of seasons have come from the St Mirren youth team!

Overspending on players and wages almost crippled us and put us under once before, maybe folk would be more happy at parkhead where they spend £1m on a player or at ibrox where they certainly aren't scared to continue spending money they clearly don't have!

People talk about ambition, I remember we were one goal away from the second division still reeling from shelling out on Victor and Archibald, we had to sell our stadium to survive that, we won't be able to do that again anytime soon.

Get a grip and stop getting caught up in the sky sports-manufactured hype of deadline day, Oaksoft is right - folk are looking at clubs round about us thinking we should be copying them when it's them that should be taking a leaf out of our book.

The best signings we have made in the last couple of seasons have come from the St Mirren youth team!

I completely agree but would add a rider that relegation brought about by such a totally blinkered or hidebound policy would amount to a real disaster. I don't think it will happen but it's not out of the question yet.

Lex,

What known attitude issues does Harkins have? What's your source? You seem to know him extremely well and have been on his case since the day he signed. He has been, and still is (with the exception of our club) a regular starter for every manager he's played for and all of them speak highly of him - including Mr Lennon - 'never a problem' 'great about the place'. Personally I find the list of players with 'the wrong attitude' quite worrying as most of these players continue to show their worth in other places.

Yeh, the customer is always wrong! 1eye.gif

It's fairer to say that customers are usually incredibly selfish, self centred and ignorant or uncaring about how difficult things are for those who serve them.

Add unforgiving into the mix and you've got a recipe for stress, unhappiness and crap.

There are millions of examples.

You can find many of them on this forum by searching for the word "simple".

I can start with the whining about the lack of a signing of a centre back.

We already have at least 4 at the club who could play there.

The best way to protect our defenders is to have a stronger midfield and strikers.

I'm prepared to bet that if there's a player better out there than the defenders we have that they'll be :-

1) More expensive.

2) Wanting longer contracts.

3) Wanted by other clubs prepared to go into debt to get them.

In the absence of a better CH which we can attract and afford, Danny has tried to bolster midfield and attack and he's STILL gettimng shit from people who have absolutely no idea what that man goes through just to get a single player to sign.

You could stop that third one by introducing a law preventing financial doping but until then we have to accept that we will always struggle to get the best players.

Many fans like you, Lex, JJ, billyg and many others are simply not willing to understand and accept the current state of affairs.

You resort to whining and negativity which transmits from the forums and the stands into the changing rooms and that affects form.

How do you resolve this?

Seriously - f**k knows but guys like you ruin football for others who see it as something to enjoy - win, lose or draw.

Edited by oaksoft