BRORA RANGERS 5-0 BANKS ODEE

BERWICK RANGERS 2-0 FORMARTINE UNITED

BONESS UNITED 7-1 CULTER

SPARTANS 3-3 EAST KILBRIDE

EAST FIFE 7-0 THREAVE ROVERS

ARBROATH 2-2 MONTROSE

NAIRN COUNTY 2-1 HUNTLY

EDINBURGH CITY 2-1 AUCHINLECK TALBOT

STIRLING UNIVERSITY VS ALBION ROVERS (SUNDAY)

Delighted to see The Gable Enders getting a draw in the big local derby at Gayfield. That will earn them a mouthwatering big earning replay when Arbroath head up to Links Park for the replay. Imagine Faraway slumming in a hotel in Aberdeen yesterday when he could have been at a football extravaganza almost in his own back garden.

Ta for the gable-Enders reference.

Never heard of it before, so was moved to Google.

Just spent and interesting time renewing my acquaintance with Montrose. smile.png

Ta for the gable-Enders reference.

Never heard of it before, so was moved to Google.

Just spent and interesting time renewing my acquaintance with Montrose. smile.png

My wife's grandmother was from Ferryden, the one-time fishing village across the South Esk from Montrose. Spent a lot of happy times up there. Went to a couple of games at Links Park but they were dire. Did you ever go up the lighthouse at Scurdyness? Quite spectacular especially on a stormy day. Doubt if you could get your bus down the wee road. Billy Connolly went on his World Tour of Scotland but didn't actually name it on the video.

The Market Bar on the Main St of Montrose is a cracking wee pub.

It is a smashing wee place. I nipped in one night for a swift pint, sans wife, bumped into a mate Big Kenny from the Stirling Castle Bar in Glasgow and got smashed along with him. Must have been about thirty years ago and it still gets brought up now and again. Kenny's cousin played with Well at the time. Damned if I can remember his surname.They both had the same surname. I think I heard that the cousin does a bit of after dinner speaking and the like now. Think his Christian name was John. If that rings a bell with anybody could they post the name. He might have got a cap or two.

Scottish Cup Third Round

East Fife v Berwick Rangers

Forfar Athletic v Cowdenbeath

Edinburgh City v Brora Rangers

Stenhousemuir v Brechin City

Hurlford United v Stirling Albion

Arbroath or Montrose v Nairn County

Elgin City or Forres Mechanics v Boness United

Annan Athletic v Livingston

East Stirlingshire v Dunfermline Athletic

Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Dumbarton v Rangers

Queen's Park v Albion Rovers

Morton v Airdrieonians

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

Spartans or East Kilbride v Clyde

Peterhead v Stranraer

Edited by HSS

Scottish Cup Third Round

East Fife v Berwick Rangers

Forfar Athletic v Cowdenbeath

Edinburgh City v Brora Rangers

Stenhousemuir v Brechin City

Hurlford United v Stirling Albion

Arbroath or Montrose v Nairn County

Elgin City or Forres Mechanics v Boness United

Annan Athletic v Livingston

East Stirlingshire v Dunfermline Athletic

Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Dumbarton v Rangers

Queen's Park v Albion Rovers

Morton v Airdrieonians

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

Spartans or East Kilbride v Clyde

Peterhead v Stranraer

Come on the sons of the rock!

You just don't get it do you Rick. Is it really so difficult to understand that what Scottish football needs are OF (whatever that is) derbies? Shame on you!

Shame right enough. What came over me? It must be Armageddon time again. I nearly played on Boghead in the 60's for P&D YM. Got on a coach in Paisley but there was no Erskine Bridge back then so it was a slow journey. By the time we got to Boghead there were seagulls swimming all over the pitch so no game for us. Pity.

Shame right enough. What came over me? It must be Armageddon time again. I nearly played on Boghead in the 60's for P&D YM. Got on a coach in Paisley but there was no Erskine Bridge back then so it was a slow journey. By the time we got to Boghead there were seagulls swimming all over the pitch so no game for us. Pity.

I remember going there in the 70's we used to get the bus from the Rosebud in the west end , midweek cup game , bus broke down and a Graham's bus came to the rescue , cannae mind the result right enough :D

I remember going there in the 70's we used to get the bus from the Rosebud in the west end , midweek cup game , bus broke down and a Graham's bus came to the rescue , cannae mind the result right enough biggrin.png

I remember going to a game at Cappielow in a bus and we broke down very near Greenock. It was a private coach company but amazingly a replacement coach came and got us there for kick-off. Your post brings back all the old names of bus companies. Youngs, Cunninghams, Paton's, Grahams and of course McGill's which is now tainted forever. I'm old enough to remember Glasgow Corporation buses and trams in Paisley too. I'm afraid.

I remember going to a game at Cappielow in a bus and we broke down very near Greenock. It was a private coach company but amazingly a replacement coach came and got us there for kick-off. Your post brings back all the old names of bus companies. Youngs, Cunninghams, Paton's, Grahams and of course McGill's which is now tainted forever. I'm old enough to remember Glasgow Corporation buses and trams in Paisley too. I'm afraid.

The McGills you're talking about,from the days everything was in black and white,was a completely different Company to the one now.

The McGills you're talking about,from the days everything was in black and white,was a completely different Company to the one now.

I'm glad to hear that. I've always felt a great affinity for McGills and am delighted to hear they have nothing to do with yon pair up the road.