A G M

Not sure what your point is.

he's mainly saying directors such as ours have given of their own time and money for the sake of the club and receive no salary, and therefore should not be denied free food and drink, i dont see much wrong in that, i do see wrong where any paid staff member is afforded freebies, and even worse - hangers on who turn up at the opening of every free sausage roll occasion

I think that the BOD are hoping that the pressure gets too much for him and he chucks it. Especially after attending the meetings this week.

On a really serious note I think that the pressure he is under is not good for his health especially at his age, I really hope that he doesn't suffer a major health problem. If he he does a few people will need to take a good look at what they have done to subject him to such stress and strain.

Are you serious? Craig has effectively stated that he intends to see out the remaining 18 months of his contract come what may. He doesn't give a f**k about our club, so why should we care about him and his health?

Guest TPAFKATS

he's mainly saying directors such as ours have given of their own time and money for the sake of the club and receive no salary, and therefore should not be denied free food and drink, i dont see much wrong in that, i do see wrong where any paid staff member is afforded freebies, and even worse - hangers on who turn up at the opening of every free sausage roll occasion

No sausage rolls tonight and the bar remained closed...very disappointing.

The cost of changing, imo

I don't really get this

That means this man can keep doing a dreadful job on and off the park without any fear until his retirement age

If money was a real issue giving his utter dreadful managerial record before why a 2 year deal instead a contract to the New Year with if he does well extend it

There's more to meet the eye here giving they have been shrewd about other dealings

Are you serious? Craig has effectively stated that he intends to see out the remaining 18 months of his contract come what may. He doesn't give a f**k about our club, so why should we care about him and his health?

Yes I'm serious. I wouldn't wish poor health on anyone. I'm sure he does care for the club.

Having said all of this, I ain't going on Saturday as I'm well and truly scunnered and watching that mob ain't good for my health.

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't really get this

That means this man can keep doing a dreadful job on and off the park without any fear until his retirement age

If money was a real issue giving his utter dreadful managerial record before why a 2 year deal instead a contract to the New Year with if he does well extend it

There's more to meet the eye here giving they have been shrewd about other dealings

Could be, I can't fathom out why he wasn't given a year rolling contract or simply a one year contract. It's not like we would've been worried about getting compo for him :-D

I'm just going on the statements made tonight regarding lack of funds.

What a bizarre post!

You think the pressure is too much for him and could have an effect on his health.

But you start the post believing the board hope the pressure gets too much for him!

I know some of you don't respect your directors! But cold hearted killers? That's a bit much.

Incidentally, you do know that tommy was Danny's assistant right?

He saw first hand how a manager gets treated when regardless of a cup win, results don't go St Mirrens way!

Do you think he believed the fans would go easy on him cause he's an old man?

Okay fair enough, you don't think it will affect his health well I think it could and its up to those who run the club to take him out of the firing line if it is.

How much of their "own money" do they give?

How much will they never see a return on? Actually just taken money out their own pocket to never get it back?

How much money do they give via their business's, so not actually their own money How much do they recoup via hospitality tables, boardroom meals and drinks, complimentary hospitality tickets to cup finals, international games etc, how much do they recoup to their business by building up contacts through the boardroom meeting opposition directors who trade off work with each other?

Of the money they really do put in, diverted away from their family fund, put some perspective on it. Say director X gives the club a 100k loan. How much is that to a successful business man? Compared to an average fan on the dole, stacking shelves, working in a call centre? Is that the equivalent of the dole fan loaning the club 100 quid?

Is that 100k going to effect his way of life?

We give our clubs what we can afford, some people can afford to loan the club money, money they will get back.

Some people can't afford to loan the club money, they are the ones who give and give and give.

They are the ones who are just expected to shut up and keep giving.

Edited by dave.j

Nobody would want that, well I'd hope not anyway.

He will have seen the effects the job had on DL. He was under a massive amount of pressure last season. TC accepted the job knowing it could turn pretty stressful , he has been in the game for a few decades.

We all want what's best for the club. Players,fans,management and the guys who run it. Football is fun when things are going swimmingly, it's horrible when things are going tits up and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

Perhaps he should go to his doctor and get a sick line for a month with work related stress. That would be interesting.

I've been attending the AGM for years and seen every manager sit in the "hot seat" but this was by far the worst. Tommy Craig has lost the plot and when he held up his piece of paper saying "there are 4 names on this" everyone cringed with embarrassment. I thought Stewart Gilmour in the end stepped in to stop more questions being asked because what was the point - but Tommy kept coming back and obviously wanted to have the last word. I agree with the other post about George Campbell's behaviour which is always the same. Brian Mc Ausland behaves like a schoolboy too. Anyone who dares to question or criticise gets the look as if they don't know what they're talking about and they both make comments out of the side of their mouths. Even Chris Stewart was at it tonight. Think Stewart is right it is time for a change all round but I suspect we're stuck with them all for a while yet. Think tomorrow night will be just as bad with Goodwin getting it in the neck too.

How much of their "own money" do they give?

How much will they never see a return on? Actually just taken money out their own pocket to never get it back?

How much money do they give via their business's, so not actually their own money How much do they recoup via hospitality tables, boardroom meals and drinks, complimentary hospitality tickets to cup finals, international games etc, how much do they recoup to their business by building up contacts through the boardroom meeting opposition directors who trade off work with each other?

Of the money they really do put in, diverted away from their family fund, put some perspective on it. Say director X gives the club a 100k loan. How much is that to a successful business man? Compared to an average fan on the dole, stacking shelves, working in a call centre? Is that the equivalent of the dole fan loaning the club 100 quid?

Is that 100k going to effect his way of life?

We give our clubs what we can afford, some people can afford to loan the club money, money they will get back.

Some people can't afford to loan the club money, they are the ones who give and give and give.

They are the ones who are just expected to shut up and keep giving.

i dont think they do put up money without return,but that they have put their money at risk of losing some or all of it, there are not many of them who do this though and it's the hangers on who get freebies that i object to, i also object to visiting directors getting freebies, in an ideal world we would have no freebies and no elite seats in our grounds, your arguing against the establishment here and sadly it's not going to change,i would like it to change just as much as you do mainly because they get detached from the normal fan and treat us with contempt, there are too many at our club who are there only for business reasons and only that, SGG and a couple of others have put cash at risk - maybe they can afford to lose cash maybe not but one thing for sure is there would be no SMFC as we know it without their loans, incidentally i have no evidence to suggest they dont pay for their own food and or drink, i just dont begrudge a meal and a drink to those who put cash at risk