So Farewell Then......

No im just not f**king stupid And my doomsday pish was right all along .

The only problem with your doomsday pish was that we've heard it for about the last 4 or 5 years. Inevitably like a broken clock you were going to be correct some time, be it in 1 or 100 years time.

Nothing stupid about going along to support your team, something you don't do mate so you sit behind your keyboard with the Samaritans on speed dial and criticise without actually seeing what you are criticising? At least those who pay their money and attend matches have the RIGHT to criticise and have to be applauded for spending their hard earned money to go along and suffer. You call yourself a supporter but don't attend and support the team. Think Doomsday is laughable. If we go down then it will hurt but it's not the end of the world and we will deal with it like we did when previously relegated.

Thank god, there are normal sane people out there that do have a grip on reality, well said ND.

Nothing stupid about going along to support your team, something you don't do mate so you sit behind your keyboard with the Samaritans on speed dial and criticise without actually seeing what you are criticising? At least those who pay their money and attend matches have the RIGHT to criticise and have to be applauded for spending their hard earned money to go along and suffer. You call yourself a supporter but don't attend and support the team. Think Doomsday is laughable. If we go down then it will hurt but it's not the end of the world and we will deal with it like we did when previously relegated.

By that argument, anyone who doesn't attend games isn't a fan? Or isn't as good a fan? That gets you right into the whole 'I go to more games than you so my opinion's more valid' pish if you're not careful.

By that argument, anyone who doesn't attend games isn't a fan? Or isn't as good a fan? That gets you right into the whole 'I go to more games than you so my opinion's more valid' pish if you're not careful.

Indeed. (That's twice this year we've agreed, wanna be my pen pal? wink.png )

I think in Neds frustration with the forum clown he's slightly lost the point.

I have been watching Saint Mirren for 42 years and this is the first season i have not attended on a regular basis so dont give me this pish i dont have a right to criticise .Im just not f**king stupid enough to carry on paying good money to watch utter dross and i am not the only one i know loads of people who have stopped going for the exact same reason but your right and everyone else who have gave up are wrong but you carry on watching pish if it makes you feel better .

Edited by elvis

I have been watching Saint Mirren for 42 years and this is the first season i have not attended on a regular basis so dont give me this pish i dont have a right to criticise .Im just not f**king stupid enough to carry on paying good money to watch utter dross and i am not the only one i know loads of people who have stopped going for the exact same reason but your right and everyone else who have gave up are wrong but you carry on watching pish if it makes you feel better .

You have a good point there, I've a few friends and family who've given up on

St Mirren, especially this season, if something's making you feel miserable it's

only natural to stop doing it, it doesn't mean they don't feel the pain like the rest

of us who go, but having there money tucked safely in there wallets will slightly

soften the otherwise regular miserable weekends...

By that argument, anyone who doesn't attend games isn't a fan? Or isn't as good a fan? That gets you right into the whole 'I go to more games than you so my opinion's more valid' pish if you're not careful.[/quote

My post never implied anything about fans. It was simply around Elvis criticism of a team he doesn't go along and watch. There are many reasons why people cannot attend matches and they are still dedicated fans.

By that argument, anyone who doesn't attend games isn't a fan? Or isn't as good a fan? That gets you right into the whole 'I go to more games than you so my opinion's more valid' pish if you're not careful.[/quote

My post never implied anything about fans. It was simply around Elvis criticism of a team he doesn't go along and watch. There are many reasons why people cannot attend matches and they are still dedicated fans.

> My post never implied anything about fans.

Hmm, I think it did.....

> At least those who pay their money and attend matches have the RIGHT to criticise

> You call yourself a supporter but don't attend and support the team.

With respect Ned I think you are letting your frustration cloud your judgement. As you say there are indeed many reasons why genuine fans cannot attend matches, be it health, financial, location, work, family commitments....

Personally speaking I'm a long term season ticket holder, however I'm based out of the airport, work unsociable hours, and find myself traversing much of Europe on a weekly basis, it is simply not always possible to go along. But more than that, I've not enjoyed going for sometime now, and this season in particular has been rank. Increasingly I go out of a sense of duty, which is not sustainable. The quality of player being offered up is as bad as I can remember, I disagreed entirely with the appointment of TC and GT, and the silence from the BoD is deafening.

> If we go down then it will hurt but it's not the end of the world

You are of course correct. However, and I've stated this on here before so I apologise for repeating, 'achieving' relegation this season is monumental. No newRangers, no Hearts, no Hibs, Dundee and Hamilton new to the Prem, and a plethora of utter shite opposition in the lower half of the league. For us to be on the verge of being jettisoned in season 2014/2015 is mismanagement on a grand scale.

All in all I feel completely alienated by the club at this moment in time. Now, that's my problem, this is not intended to be a sob story. But the point is we all have a choice and my choice is not to renew my ST next season. It's not toys out the pram, it's not a case of chucking it when the chips are down (I've supported St Mirren for over 40 years), it's a case of making an informed decision based on my other commitments and the enjoyment (remember that?) attained from watching my team.

Next season, regardless of division, I'll be PAYG, but I hope that won't make me any less of a St Mirren fan, and I certainly hope it doesn't mean I lose the RIGHT to be critical, or indeed complimentary.

> My post never implied anything about fans.

Hmm, I think it did.....

> At least those who pay their money and attend matches have the RIGHT to criticise

> You call yourself a supporter but don't attend and support the team.

With respect Ned I think you are letting your frustration cloud your judgement. As you say there are indeed many reasons why genuine fans cannot attend matches, be it health, financial, location, work, family commitments....

Personally speaking I'm a long term season ticket holder, however I'm based out of the airport, work unsociable hours, and find myself traversing much of Europe on a weekly basis, it is simply not always possible to go along. But more than that, I've not enjoyed going for sometime now, and this season in particular has been rank. Increasingly I go out of a sense of duty, which is not sustainable. The quality of player being offered up is as bad as I can remember, I disagreed entirely with the appointment of TC and GT, and the silence from the BoD is deafening.

> If we go down then it will hurt but it's not the end of the world

You are of course correct. However, and I've stated this on here before so I apologise for repeating, 'achieving' relegation this season is monumental. No newRangers, no Hearts, no Hibs, Dundee and Hamilton new to the Prem, and a plethora of utter shite opposition in the lower half of the league. For us to be on the verge of being jettisoned in season 2014/2015 is mismanagement on a grand scale.

All in all I feel completely alienated by the club at this moment in time. Now, that's my problem, this is not intended to be a sob story. But the point is we all have a choice and my choice is not to renew my ST next season. It's not toys out the pram, it's not a case of chucking it when the chips are down (I've supported St Mirren for over 40 years), it's a case of making an informed decision based on my other commitments and the enjoyment (remember that?) attained from watching my team.

Next season, regardless of division, I'll be PAYG, but I hope that won't make me any less of a St Mirren fan, and I certainly hope it doesn't mean I lose the RIGHT to be critical, or indeed complimentary.

Amen to that.

Elvis has left the building, Elvis has been there got the t shirt.

Elvis is frustrated and fed up , Elvis nevertheless supports St Mirren and their suffering slays him.

Elvis is on one of hundreds, if not potentaily a lot more.

St Mirren's dire inconsistency frustrates Elvis, it does all of us, we show it in different ways

Elvis is Al shook up, cos Saints are Aways on his mind, but Don't be cruel, it might not end up in Heartbreak hotel, we might realise the Impossible dream

Hat , coat , scarf.............................................bye1.gif

Whilst we look back on what has been a total farce of a season , it for me has shown us in a light that I can honestly say I have never seen. Yes we have been down before and come back but the one constant over my 40 years supporting is the term, lack of ambition. Next season can go either way. But if we keep our BOD then I truly fear for my team. How some on this for4um can still defend these morons is beyond me, but hey ho life is for opinions. There is the reality that is Scottish Football, its a pretty dreadful brand, but it still has the scope for teams to survive and develop. Its not keeping up with Jones, we never did, but whilst a new stadium appeared, the same old fear remained. The apt of TC and GT, selling of Kenny smacks of what we can get away with. Reap what you sow