Lee Mcculloch?

dr rotund

Goodwin and McCulloch at centre half would be a dream team. Wed have the league wrapped up by January. What could possibly go wrong...

No, Goodwin in the holding midfielder role and McCulloch alongside Kelly, That would work better.

• 3 weeks later...

They deserve each other. BTW, Boyd getting a 3 year deal lol (2 year with option of further year). Was useless in Championship yet Killie give him a long contract. He wouldn't come cheap either.

Yes they could have got the likes of Arquin, Ball, Marwood for a lot cheaper. Instead they have brought back someone who has bagged loads of goals in the past for them and paid a bit more.

Yes they could have got the likes of Arquin, Ball, Marwood for a lot cheaper. Instead they have brought back someone who has bagged loads of goals in the past for them and paid a bit more.

Indeed.

I might be wrong but I think Boyd was the SPL's all time top scorer.

He scored a load of goals for Killie in his previous 2 spells including just 12 months ago in a side struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Putting all your cash on Boyd is a better bet than spreading it over Ball, Caldwell & Arquin.

I like lee mcculloch. I thought he was best when rangers played him in a wide left position to suit the long ball they used in thier europa league run a few year ago. Around the same time he scored a belter from same position for Scotland against Ukraine. I think he would be too slow for the 1st division and our young team though.