Killing For What ?

The killing of innocent people by Isis is shocking. These devotes even going into a house of God for fellow Muslims to pray then blowing the place up is mind boggling. These poor souls in holiday. It's never ending but what can be done this an enemy that can't be identified living within. Said for a while now would never venture into a Muslim country it's just too dangerous. Reality is even our home land can be dangerous. It's time all Muslim religious clerics came out to speak up against this mindless killing of innocent people everywhere including the Middle East. It has to be the religion leaders leading the way to stop this.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

We should have cut off ISIS by sending troops into Syria but the lily livered cowards in this country decided it wasn't out problem and our politicians voted military action down. These incidents are direct consequences of our cowardice.

The sad thing is this has a ripple effect long practiced by those who follow Nationalist agendas. As a result of these murders rich westerners will pull their tourism out of countries like Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco etc and as the wealth gap grows as a result that will be used to perpetuate the myth that greedy westerners are holding back these historically impoverished countries.

I can't see any easy end to this and is because we stopped doing the right thing. Invading Iraq was wrong, Invading Afghanistan was justified. We should have taken action in Pakistan and we royally f**ked up when we ignored Syria.

We went to Tunisia last October and went into Port El Kantoui on a day trip and it was a bit hostile then ,we had went in to one of the fixed price shops in the marina and the radio was blaring out a rant in Arabic and English about the British and American Infidels you could sense the bad feeling as to them you are only a source of money all this idea of these being friendly people is wrong its only to get your cash. When we came back we persuaded our daughter to change her honeymoon from Tunisia to The Balearics as we knew something bad would happen and that's been two attacks in a few months , unfortunately I fear there will be more.

We went to Tunisia last October and went into Port El Kantoui on a day trip and it was a bit hostile then ,we had went in to one of the fixed price shops in the marina and the radio was blaring out a rant in Arabic and English about the British and American Infidels you could sense the bad feeling as to them you are only a source of money all this idea of these being friendly people is wrong its only to get your cash. When we came back we persuaded our daughter to change her honeymoon from Tunisia to The Balearics as we knew something bad would happen and that's been two attacks in a few months , unfortunately I fear there will be more.

Sound advice to your daughter mate. Being in the oil industry and working in Arab countries I seen the reaction to 9/11 it was one of jubilation plus more. Strength that was gained through that attack all it has done is gain momentum . Always refuse work in a Muslim country, even Africa Muslims are taking up arms. As I wrote it's time for all Muslim clerics to speak out to thief followers it's the only way forward. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

We should have cut off ISIS by sending troops into Syria but the lily livered cowards in this country decided it wasn't out problem and our politicians voted military action down. These incidents are direct consequences of our cowardice.

The sad thing is this has a ripple effect long practiced by those who follow Nationalist agendas. As a result of these murders rich westerners will pull their tourism out of countries like Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco etc and as the wealth gap grows as a result that will be used to perpetuate the myth that greedy westerners are holding back these historically impoverished countries.

I can't see any easy end to this and is because we stopped doing the right thing. Invading Iraq was wrong, Invading Afghanistan was justified. We should have taken action in Pakistan and we royally f**ked up when we ignored Syria.

The rise is a direct consequence of an illegal war in Iraq. Blair and Bush are culpable of overseeing administrations that took the UK and USA into a war based on inaccurate information over WMDs. Afghanistan was next followed by Libya and the seeds of ISIS and other terrorist groups arose from countries destroyed and left in chaos as the UK and USA forces left.

The rise is a direct consequence of an illegal war in Iraq. Blair and Bush are culpable of overseeing administrations that took the UK and USA into a war based on inaccurate information over WMDs. Afghanistan was next followed by Libya and the seeds of ISIS and other terrorist groups arose from countries destroyed and left in chaos as the UK and USA forces left.

Before the illegal war we had Al Qiada attacks on the American Embassy and on the Twin Towers. Your pointing your finger at the wrong target if you want to find who started this

Yeah that will work.... Not!

FFS look at the utter carnage in Libya, its the wild west with bigger guns, Iraq is crumbling and rife with ISIS, in Afghanistan they try to blow up the government every other day..... Cant you see "bombing them" to help simplify the problem for them doesn't work!

The UK government arms and trains Rebels in. Syria who are every bit as barbaric as ISIS and will turn on each other if the price is right. No intervention in the middle east has ever worked, and somehow people like Cameron who raced thon short. French president to Libya to get first dibs on the bragging rights seem not to care, or even want to mention the absolute carnage his decisions have wreaked in Libya.

The day humans need the opinion and insight of the terminally thick and the utterly barking at the moon insane I will remember to direct them to this thread.

Apparently the solution to this is to tar every Muslim country with the same sectarian stick and to invade more countries.

f**king barking!

Wow. Within a baw hair of blaming the SNP.

At least he's changed from blaming just British left wing politicians and is now blaming British politicians in general.

I think he just wants to see some babies die.

He managed to get a fair bit of that in the Afghanistan war which he seems convinced was justified.

He doesn't explain on what basis though.

He is pretty quick to use the word cowardice as well. An easy accusation when you don't have to leave your keyboard and face guns. Also easy when he doesn't have the blood of hundreds of thousands of people on his hands. Everything is easy to the keyboard warrior. Running hospitals, football clubs, armies, countries, etc etc etc.

the first sign you are dealing with a no mark is when they claim everything is easy. That's how you spot one of life's losers

Edited by oaksoft

So what caused the Twin Towers attack? You can try rewriting history all you like but the policy of doing nothing that you would advocate is exactly what gives ISiS time to grow.

................and what about the First Gulf War, the difference in Western Policy in Muslim states depending on their oil reserves, the displacement of the Palestinians and Afghanistan amongst various other issues. For me it's not difficult to see how Muslims in this country and beyond could see their faith as being the the victim of secular attack from both the West and Russia.

There really has to be some acknowledgement of this and an attempt to include terrorist groups back into a peaceful world order (perhaps not the best phrase) rather than cheap attempts at demonization and point scoring .

It'll not be easy, there'll be lots more blood shed before a solution is reached, and as ever it'll take great leaders to make painful choices. We can only hope it happens sooner rather than later.

I'm pretty sure that almost anyone can get one before they die. There should maybe be a limit of two weeks for him doing one or the other. smile.png

Are you issuing threats now?

Ask your lawyer for his or her opinion. Edited by salmonbuddie

................and what about the First Gulf War, the difference in Western Policy in Muslim states depending on their oil reserves, the displacement of the Palestinians and Afghanistan amongst various other issues. For me it's not difficult to see how Muslims in this country and beyond could see their faith as being the the victim of secular attack from both the West and Russia.

There really has to be some acknowledgement of this and an attempt to include terrorist groups back into a peaceful world order (perhaps not the best phrase) rather than cheap attempts at demonization and point scoring .

It'll not be easy, there'll be lots more blood shed before a solution is reached, and as ever it'll take great leaders to make painful choices. We can only hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Most of the terrorists linked to these atrocities weren't alive during the First one second world wars. They weren't alive to remember to Suez Crisis either. They'll have parents who enjoyed western money whether from tourism, oil or through many other exports. Many of the leaders were even educated in the West. I think we can disregard the first world war in all of this. Perhaps we can look at Palestine and the lack of Western intervention against Israel but if we're going to talk about the first world war in all this wed be as well going back to The Crusades for all its relevance.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm not an expert on middle east politics, but even I know that the twin towers wasn't caused by either the Afghanistan or Iraqis ;)

I also know that we (UK and US govs) managed to create a third failed state in Libya that thousands are trying to flee via boats to Italy.

It's also worth noting that Syria has an army much larger than ours and better trained yet still hasn't managed to defeat isis with boots on the ground.

Mibees if UK and US hadn't trained and armed isis we wouldn't be in this position?

Edited by TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Most of the terrorists linked to these atrocities weren't alive during the First one second world wars. They weren't alive to remember to Suez Crisis either. They'll have parents who enjoyed western money whether from tourism, oil or through many other exports. Many of the leaders were even educated in the West. I think we can disregard the first world war in all of this. Perhaps we can look at Palestine and the lack of Western intervention against Israel but if we're going to talk about the first world war in all this wed be as well going back to The Crusades for all its relevance.

LOL, this is parody, right?!?

I'm not an expert on middle east politics, but even I know that the twin towers wasn't caused by either the Afghanistan or Iraqis ;)

I also know that we (UK and US govs) managed to create a third failed state in Libya that thousands are trying to flee via boats to Italy.

It's also worth noting that Syria has an army much larger than ours and better trained yet still hasn't managed to defeat isis with boots on the ground.

Mibees if UK and US hadn't trained and armed isis we wouldn't be in this position?

Talking about parody, you do know that these boats aren't filled with just Libyans don't you? Libya is closest crossing point to Italy. That's why boat loads or Eritreans are leaving from there. It's kind of like how at Calais the people jumping on lorries aren't French :rolleyes:

Before the illegal war we had Al Qiada attacks on the American Embassy and on the Twin Towers. Your pointing your finger at the wrong target if you want to find who started this

Nope, first Iraq war after the invasion of Kuwait was before 9/11 and gave greater prominence to Al Q who the US supported during the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. This led to greater hostilities toward the west. Failing to remove Saddam through economic sanctions and the 9/11 tragedy (that had nothing to do with Iraq) meant Bush had to blame someone and a wish to complete a job his father failed to do - depose Saddam. The claim of WMDs has been found to be false and despite Hans Blick and others saying there was no evidence, the UK and USA went to war anyway. They should have left the middle east problems to the other countries in the area. The finger is pointed at Bush and Blair as war criminals. The legacy of these invasions are more unstable countries in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya because of our actions.

Nope, first Iraq war after the invasion of Kuwait was before 9/11 and gave greater prominence to Al Q who the US supported during the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. This led to greater hostilities toward the west. Failing to remove Saddam through economic sanctions and the 9/11 tragedy (that had nothing to do with Iraq) meant Bush had to blame someone and a wish to complete a job his father failed to do - depose Saddam. The claim of WMDs has been found to be false and despite Hans Blick and others saying there was no evidence, the UK and USA went to war anyway. They should have left the middle east problems to the other countries in the area. The finger is pointed at Bush and Blair as war criminals. The legacy of these invasions are more unstable countries in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya because of our actions.

Iraq invaded Kuwait and Kuwait asked for our assistance. Beyond that I agree with you and said as much in my first post. We stopped doing the right thing when we invaded Iraq in retaliation for Twin Towers. It's led to numerous mistakes since - the latest being not getting involved in Syria.

Iraq invaded Kuwait and Kuwait asked for our assistance. Beyond that I agree with you and said as much in my first post. We stopped doing the right thing when we invaded Iraq in retaliation for Twin Towers. It's led to numerous mistakes since - the latest being not getting involved in Syria.

Once again you show a very shallow understanding of events, following the takeover in Iran by the Ayatollah Saddam Hussain & Iraq became the USA's prime client country in the region. As the Iran-Iraq war ground to a stalemate with Iraq's economy severely damaged mixed messages from the US led Saddam to believe he could engineer a takeover of Kuwait based on historical claims, it wasn't really until the US & President Bush realized that this takeover would leave Saddam not only in charge of Kuwait (& it's oil resources) but with a proverbial pistol to the head of Saudi Arabia that it became imperative for the US to take action.and re-establish the Kuwaiti monarchy - not really the same as freeing the country for democracy.

However to get back to the main thrust of my last post - playing the blame game doesn't really solve anything. I regret and condemn the deaths as much as anyone but we've got to hope for a response that is focused on the future and not the past.

Guest TPAFKATS

Talking about parody, you do know that these boats aren't filled with just Libyans don't you? Libya is closest crossing point to Italy. That's why boat loads or Eritreans are leaving from there. It's kind of like how at Calais the people jumping on lorries aren't French :rolleyes:

The parody trolling continues.

Not sure if you are trying to be Partridge or Madeley?

You really can't understand English.

For someone to be issuing threats they have to actually, well, threaten.

Are you just upset because there are not enough babies dying for your liking? Why do you want babies to die (apart from point scoring on a football forum)? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know. Tell us all. Maybe your lawyer will tell me in their letter - when I eventually get it.

So what exactly did you mean when you posted I had two weeks to either get a lawyers appointment or die? Edited by Stuart Dickson