Go Radio Glasgow

shull

GO Radio Glasgow has announced Scottie McClue as the next big signing for the city centre based radio station, days after Global owned XFM announced they are to hand back their 96.3FM frequency to the regulators after trying to replace local shows with English content.
GO, Glasgow's Own, is due to launch in early October from studios in the St. Enoch Centre and will broadcast 24 hours a day to the people of Glasgow.
Station Director Kevin Cameron says ''Stations imposing English shows on Scotland is an affront not just to the 45% of Scots who voted for Scotland's independence but also to the 55% who expected Scotland to have a stronger voice whilst remaining within the U.K.
Scottie is a great addition to our team. No only are we bringing local radio back to Glasgow, we are also bringing back radio with entertaining personalities who have an affinity with the city.'
The GO Radio team also includes Glasgow radio favourites Tiger Tim Stevens MBE and Suzie McGuire.
Scottie commented, 'We don't need radio from these soft southerners! I'm looking forward to getting the fine people of Glasgow on the phones for a chat where I can share my wisdom with them. It's dinky-doo to be part of GO Radio in Glasgow.'
GO Radio will be available on DAB digital radio, online, and on smartphone apps.

I'll need to get a digital radio for my Cab.

Station Director Kevin Cameron says ''Stations imposing English shows on Scotland is an affront not just to the 45% of Scots who voted for Scotland's independence but also to the 55% who expected Scotland to have a stronger voice whilst remaining within the U.K.

I'll need to get a digital radio for my Cab.

Don't imagine Dicko and the other Nawbags tuning inlaugh.png

And I'd imagine most of the 55% would be quite happy if Scotland ceased to exist in any meaningful political sense.

Edited by scottd

Oh no, Suzie McGuire...............ffs naw

Then again, its all about dumbing down it seems

I was listening ( aye ) to BBC Radio Shortbread for just about the last time ever this morning. Hopeless, between its agenda and aggressive approach to guests and its bumbling , word tripping daftie female newsreader / broadcaster, who most mornings slips and trips over all sorts of word forms and basically annoys whilst trying to impart her broadcasting nous and general smartarsedness , and failing in an EPIC way. That News Broadcast programme is politcal correctness gone mad

That leaves you with Radio 2 / radio 4 , struggling for other options. Even Radio 2 , that twat Jonathon Ross usually pops up and burrs the living crap outa me.

Grrrrr..............

I was listening ( aye ) to BBC Radio Shortbread for just about the last time ever this morning. Hopeless, between its agenda and aggressive approach to guests and its bumbling , word tripping daftie female newsreader / broadcaster, who most mornings slips and trips over all sorts of word forms and basically annoys whilst trying to impart her broadcasting nous and general smartarsedness , and failing in an EPIC way. That News Broadcast programme is politcal correctness gone mad

Taking empty buses up and doon the road, I have been privy to a radio programme that I'd never heard before.

Radio Shortbread on Saturday mornings. It seems to be a political hour or two, until our own lovely Buddie, Shareen, comes on with a more magaziney offering about 10.00 a.m.

I think it's great, intelligent and NOT constrained to just what's happening in Scotland or the UK. Wide-ranging and thought provoking.

Guest TPAFKATS

Taking empty buses up and doon the road, I have been privy to a radio programme that I'd never heard before.

Radio Shortbread on Saturday mornings. It seems to be a political hour or two, until our own lovely Buddie, Shareen, comes on with a more magaziney offering about 10.00 a.m.

I think it's great, intelligent and NOT constrained to just what's happening in Scotland or the UK. Wide-ranging and thought provoking.

She's no Kaye Adams or Louise Whyte... thankfully

Oh no, Suzie McGuire...............ffs naw

Then again, its all about dumbing down it seems

That leaves you with Radio 2 / radio 4 , struggling for other options. Even Radio 2 , that twat Jonathon Ross usually pops up and burrs the living crap outa me.

Grrrrr..............

5 Live drive time