Ross & Miller To Save The Season!

Ross & Miller  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't say shoved! and he did iniate the hostilities again!

OK. Wedged it is, not shoved...

Who would want to speak for you? I am impressed you can type whilst your nose is wedged between Div's hairy cheeks.

Wedged or pressed?

Theres "No Info" in Div's post, its a direct copy of a LoveStreetzo PM....

Now if you can speak for anyone else with your face pressed up there that will be something to commend!

Class act.

Edited by pozbaird

OK. Wedged it is, not shoved...

Wedged or pressed?

Class act.

Thanks for correcting that, I would hate anyone who read your one-sided posts regarding my exchanges with Drew To get the wrong idea!

Anything else you want to shit stir with?

I actually thought that we had come to an understanding just to leave it?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Perhaps its clutching at straws to assume that "surely even Alex Miller cant be as bad as Ian Murray" and therefore he ought to get the job. He has been here a week and has a 100% lose record already. Admittedly its early to judge him. Maybe we should give him to the fabled "christmas" time which seems to be the popular time of the year to rate managerial performance.

I freely concede that I dont have an answer and that the Saints job is hardly one to have any top manager drooling over when it becomes available again (one would hope sooner rather than later). However, should we slip further down the leagues, as seems very possible, a part time manager and players seems the most likely solution.

Anyway...you mention Ross has the tactical nous required. Why do you think that?

He proved that at Dumbarton, he helped them to their best ever league position, with scant resources, when he left Murray, they shipped 79 goals with Spalding as his partner. Ross working alongside Miller would be a good change losing the baggage of the current regime.

Perhaps its clutching at straws to assume that "surely even Alex Miller cant be as bad as Ian Murray" and therefore he ought to get the job. He has been here a week and has a 100% lose record already. Admittedly its early to judge him. Maybe we should give him to the fabled "christmas" time which seems to be the popular time of the year to rate managerial performance.

I freely concede that I dont have an answer and that the Saints job is hardly one to have any top manager drooling over when it becomes available again (one would hope sooner rather than later). However, should we slip further down the leagues, as seems very possible, a part time manager and players seems the most likely solution.

I didn't think anyone could be as bad as Tommy Craig but our BOD managed to find that person

And they appeared in the Premier League in the mid 80's as well.

Not quite getting this adoration for Jack Ross.

It's the assumption through just looking at the 79 goals stat, whilst totally missing the fact the league was stronger and probably tougher last season.

Of course, around 42 of those goals came against Rangers, Hibs and Hearts. That said, they did also lose 3 to Alloa & Cowdenbeath plus 5 to Livingston.

My belief, as written in my article for the Scottish Comedy FC site, was that the extra resources etc should see Murray develop and be able to achieve better. Sadly, he looks like a guy who has his CITB, DOMS, SHEA and all other manner of utility training yet can't build a sand castle.

Edited by TsuMirren

And they appeared in the Premier League in the mid 80's as well.

Not quite getting this adoration for Jack Ross.

Sorry forgot about the pedantics.... "Best ever league position in the Championship"....

Better..?

Scott I am making suggestions, and backing them up with reasoning. If anyone can suggest a better replacement for Murray within the budget the club has I Am all ears!

Sorry forgot about the pedantics.... "Best ever league position in the Championship"....

Better..?

Scott I am making suggestions, and backing them up with reasoning. If anyone can suggest a better replacement for Murray within the budget the club has I Am all ears!

I have suggested Billy Reid, others mentioned a return for Gus MacPherson. Both would be a safer pair of hands than the unproven Ross and may well give us that hard to beat look that has been sadly lacking lately. Just my opinion nothing more.

Better..?

Well I shall have a wee shot then.

Get shot of Mr Murray cheaply by asking Shull to do a special "hero" discount on the inevitable taxi. Dont let the door smack him sharply on the buttocks as he leaves.

Replace him with a gentleman by the name of Thomas Hendrie.

Ask Mr Alex Miller to stay on in a "consultancy" role to assist with the transition.

Mr Thomas Hendrie can then encourage his full backs to advance up the park at any opportunity.

Mr Thomas Hendrie can play a midfield 3 of Goodwin, Howieson and say let's say Scott Agnew.

Mr Thomas Hendrie would then play a front three of Larry Shankland, Steve Thompson and Callum Gallagher.

We play a swashbuckling style of football akin to the Renfrewshire famous "millenium" season.

Note: For reference see "The bubble didnae burst" on youtube presented by drummer, presenter and Buddies fan Douglas Vipond.

Well I shall have a wee shot then.

Get shot of Mr Murray cheaply by asking Shull to do a special "hero" discount on the inevitable taxi. Dont let the door smack him sharply on the buttocks as he leaves.

Replace him with a gentleman by the name of Thomas Hendrie.

Ask Mr Alex Miller to stay on in a "consultancy" role to assist with the transition.

Mr Thomas Hendrie can then encourage his full backs to advance up the park at any opportunity.

Mr Thomas Hendrie can play a midfield 3 of Goodwin, Howieson and say let's say Scott Agnew.

Mr Thomas Hendrie would then play a front three of Larry Shankland, Steve Thompson and Callum Gallagher.

We play a swashbuckling style of football akin to the Renfrewshire famous "millenium" season.

Note: For reference see "The bubble didnae burst" on youtube presented by drummer, presenter and Buddies fan Douglas Vipond.

No Mallan? Hendrie out!! whistling.gif

I have suggested Billy Reid, others mentioned a return for Gus MacPherson. Both would be a safer pair of hands than the unproven Ross and may well give us that hard to beat look that has been sadly lacking lately. Just my opinion nothing more.

I am saying Miller and Ross.... Is Miller not an even safer pair of hands? People seem to want to ignore me asking for Miller to take over now!

Don't agree we need a clearout of players, seen enough of Mallan, Shankland, Gallagher, Morgan, Naismith, Baird Kelly and even Howieson to know that they are talented young players. Add in Webster and Agnew you have a decent core of player at this level. I am sure a quality manager could, with the addition of one or two players, turn us round and into a competitive championship team.

Thommo and Goodwin can imo go now knowing they have given there best and have been great players for the club!

Goodwin, really ?? ...Widely accepted as this seasons best player and you want rid of him when we have a chance of a double relegation ???

Not seeing any good reason for that.

I am saying Miller and Ross.... Is Miller not an even safer pair of hands? People seem to want to ignore me asking for Miller to take over now!

I'd be quite happy for Miller to take over now but I'm sure he'd want to choose his own assistant and it might not necessarily be Jack 'if I were chocolate I'd eat myself' Ross. You maybe need to change the topic title and put Miller first in the batting order so as to avoid confusion.