Syrian Refugees Start Arriving Today

Seaside Nipper

and yes I would ban all immigrants and asylum seekers..look after your own first...

You ARE of immigrant stock you fecking moron. lol.gif

We all are.

If you genuinely want rid of migrants then lead by example - pack your bags. lol.gif

Good luck finding a country to accept you. You are probably constructed from 24 different backgrounds.

Maybe Dickson was right. Our school education system is woeful if it's producing people like you.

Edited by oaksoft

I'm against organised religion, generally... but a regressive mediaeval religion wanting to drag us back to the 1300-1500s seems particularly unappealing. I assume you'd genuinely be pleased to see the women in your life burqad up? It must be the case, as that's a specific aspect of it that I cited - and you won't/can't address.

Disappointingly, when there's such sexism blatantly manifest in forcing women to cover themselves, when there's so much racism in this and related threads, YOU choose to indulge in irrelevant ageism. sad.png

As illegal and distasteful as the other two... and the refuge of a loser.

I'd (half-) thought better of you.

Calm down grandpa.

WHO exactly is demanding Sharia Law for the UK?

That will take a while to enter his pea sized brain.

He got banned from Pie and Bovril for similar bigoted comments.

No. I was banned from P&B for saying radical Islam was the biggest threat the west faced. If you think that opinion is bigoted then why not add it to the complaint youre going to make about me?

I think events since then have shown I'm right yet again.

No. I was banned from P&B for saying radical Islam was the biggest threat the west faced. If you think that opinion is bigoted then why not add it to the complaint youre going to make about me?

I think events since then have shown I'm right yet again.

You've never been right for the first time never mind again.

How many times do you need to be told the West trained these militants when it suited their agenda.

Bin Laden was trained by the CIA to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Saddam was funded by Uncle Sam to fight the Ayatollah.

Uncle Sam is happy to fund terrorism when it suits.

How many times do you need to be told the West trained these militants when it suited their agenda.

And this makes what I said wrong because..?

Heres two other times I was correct and with a third pending.

I was right that yes would lose the referendum.

I was right that the SNP would dump a referendum as a manifesto commitment for the first time in their history for the GE in May. I am going to be right that they will also drop a commitment to hold a referendum if they win another majority in May.

As an alleged cop you'll also be aware that radical Islam is being taken pretty seriously by the police and security services.. Not just here, but all across Europe and the western world in general. But as a thicko plod, maybe not. Are you in traffic by any chance?

OK, Sonny. I take you're point and I know you are usually a very reasonable guy. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about immigration because there are two polarised groups. Neither the two shall meet or even wish to. Immigration brings problems of all sorts to the destination country and that's a fact but I know I will be shouted down for saying so. I can live with it. The current situation with IS is a big complication which shouldn't be ignored. And I don't care who did what to whom first. It wisnae me!

You're not going to be shouted down for saying this sort of thing but you should expect to be challenged.

The problem with your comment is that it isn't balanced.

The truth is that immigration CAN cause problems in specific areas which need addressing BUT it ALSO can bring massive benefits to a country.

Maybe we'd all get along better if people were prepared to be a bit more balanced.

You're not going to be shouted down for saying this sort of thing but you should expect to be challenged.

The problem with your comment is that it isn't balanced.

The truth is that immigration CAN cause problems in specific areas which need addressing BUT it ALSO can bring massive benefits to a country.

Maybe we'd all get along better if people were prepared to be a bit more balanced.

What problems does it bring?

Heres two other times I was correct and with a third pending.

I was right that yes would lose the referendum.

I was right that the SNP would dump a referendum as a manifesto commitment for the first time in their history for the GE in May. I am going to be right that they will also drop a commitment to hold a referendum if they win another majority in May.

As an alleged cop you'll also be aware that radical Islam is being taken pretty seriously by the police and security services.. Not just here, but all across Europe and the western world in general. But as a thicko plod, maybe not. Are you in traffic by any chance?

No I'm not in traffic although I am sure you've had plenty of dealings with the police.

In other words the only problem in the world according to you is Islam.

What a thick bigot you really are.

No I'm not in traffic although I am sure you've had plenty of dealings with the police.

In other words the only problem in the world according to you is Islam.

What a thick bigot you really are.

I have. My father in law was one. My brother in law is probably your boss. My niece is a new recruit.

And no. The only problem in the world isn't Islam, nor have I ever said this. But you can carry on your abysmal efforts here. You tend to be the one looking like the thicko thus far,.

I have. My father in law was one. My brother in law is probably your boss. My niece is a new recruit.

And no. The only problem in the world isn't Islam, nor have I ever said this. But you can carry on your abysmal efforts here. You tend to be the one looking like the thicko thus far,.

So your brother in law is Mr House?

Guest TPAFKATS

On the question of the Burka, I have no problem with as long as the wearing of it is the woman's choice. You can talk about social pressures "encouraging" the wearing of the burka, but equally you could talk about the social pressures that make young girls go out with muffin tops. If we want to talk about male objectification of woman then that's a good thing to debate, but why limit it to muslim objectification of woman.

After all it's not so long ago that woman going out with hair uncovered in this country was considered socially unacceptable, and we still use the term as a disparaging comment on a woman's social status

This

According to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34839477

To be settled , placed, housed, homed, welcomed, whatever around and throughout Glasgow, Renfrewshire Inverclyde, North Ayrshire and Edinburgh as part of a greater scheme for resettlement of displaced persons from another country.

Also Nicola warns, states, broadcasts , or boasts, take the statement as you will, that there is no place in Scotland for prejudice and bigotry, so there you are.............we are told.

Can we not just be as compassionate or whatever as we as individuals feel or have a right to feel about this without the thought polis kickin in the doors.

She is a leader and she is leading. it would be wrong for her to not recognise what could happen following last week's events. Even before this, there were reports of "revenge" attacks and abuse on Scottish Moslems by people who probably couldn't spell the word "France" or show it to you on map before Friday

Blutoisms? Simply showing their face in public? That is all I ask.

You'd be happy that strangers all wear masks. So that you never know what kind of human you are dealing with - because your face should only be seen by the man who owns you?

It follows that you are also keen on accepting changes such as they wish... like the imposition of Sharia law? I'm sure your daughter/wife/mother would all frisk and scamper in such joy when they realise it's all to make you be seen as an open, touchy-feely kinda guy.

I have always been happy with change but not if it threatens to take me and mine back to the Middle Ages.

Ok I still think I'd prefer a blutoism to an oakism.

That is like saying you prefer an acid enema to kidney surgery without anaesthetic

Guest TPAFKATS

It would be more credible if Scottish political leadership would speak out, now and again... or even down the past century... about the prevalence of bigotry and racism that runs like a bleeding thread through the fabric of Scottish football.

AFAIK, she doesn't address this stuff closer to home and always present... And her predecessor saw the DEID club as "part of the fabric of Scottish society" and thoughtHMRC should go easy on them for robbing society of £millions. Huh.

I look upon it as gratuitous sound bite, too. Vacuous, meaningless and not worthy of her... especially when we all know it's a (west of) Scottish thing, anyway.

Probably not the best thread to expand further, however the current gov are the ones who legislated to try and do this with regards football. There's issues with this law, imo it needs further review and reworking, but it is a start. I know some on here like to blame snp for everything, but not sure how you can blame Sturgeon for last 100 years and more of sectarian behaviour and religious intolerance.

BTW, events in Scotland since last weekend would indicate it's more than a West of Scotland issue. Mibees you've just been out the bubble to long to notice?

Probably not the best thread to expand further, however the current gov are the ones who legislated to try and do this with regards football. There's issues with this law, imo it needs further review and reworking, but it is a start. I know some on here like to blame snp for everything, but not sure how you can blame Sturgeon for last 100 years and more of sectarian behaviour and religious intolerance.

BTW, events in Scotland since last weekend would indicate it's more than a West of Scotland issue. Mibees you've just been out the bubble to long to notice?

Cannae resist being Bluto in disguise.......................not for too long though

What problems does it bring?

Pressure on resources if it's not planned properly at a local level and funded properly at a national level.

Many of these problems can be alleviated if we stopped allowing any old spangle (people like you for example) to get into elected positions of power and instead allowed genuinely intelligent experts to run things without undue interference.