Syrian Refugees Start Arriving Today

Seaside Nipper

According to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34839477

To be settled , placed, housed, homed, welcomed, whatever around and throughout Glasgow, Renfrewshire Inverclyde, North Ayrshire and Edinburgh as part of a greater scheme for resettlement of displaced persons from another country.

Also Nicola warns, states, broadcasts , or boasts, take the statement as you will, that there is no place in Scotland for prejudice and bigotry, so there you are.............we are told.

Can we not just be as compassionate or whatever as we as individuals feel or have a right to feel about this without the thought polis kickin in the doors.

Let's give them a good old Renfrewshire welcome.

Dish them out complimentary Season Tickets for the super Saints.

Help them feel part of our great Community Club.

Supporters for life and may encourage many more new fans to Greenhill Road.

Is this also the same Nicola that observed the minutes silence in a mosque while all other relevant people were at the French embassy? She is a wolf in sheep clothing....

Not quite, she is however looking after her own her parties voting interest, that is for sure. In that regard, can you criticise her for doing, 'her' job as she sees it.

What the rest of the electorate think will be decided when the next voting opportunity comes along.

According to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34839477

To be settled , placed, housed, homed, welcomed, whatever around and throughout Glasgow, Renfrewshire Inverclyde, North Ayrshire and Edinburgh as part of a greater scheme for resettlement of displaced persons from another country.

Also Nicola warns, states, broadcasts , or boasts, take the statement as you will, that there is no place in Scotland for prejudice and bigotry, so there you are.............we are told.

Can we not just be as compassionate or whatever as we as individuals feel or have a right to feel about this without the thought polis kickin in the doors.

The SNP hasn't managed to eradicate bigotry and prejudice within its own party never mind dictating to the rest of us. In North Lanarkshire the party rips itself apart with sectarian arguments, on a national level the party finds itself loaded with religiously fanatical homophobes and anti abortionists and, of course in all its years in power the SNP continues to fail to deal with sectarianism in Scottish football. Yet anti-English Natsi Nic thinks she's in a position to lecture. Edited by Stuart Dickson

I regularly use a small railway station called Derriaghy and quite often see a young Arabic guy getting on and off trains. He wears clothing that's hard to describe but he has a round hat and wears what is almost a bouffon blouse thing down to about his knees. And he wears what resemble decorative nicky tams. That's probably got you all confused. I'm kind of on nodding terms with him but haven't actually spoken to him. I was up there yesterday and for once the platform was busy. The earlier train had been cancelled and quite a lot of workers from the nearby plant which used to be the DeLorean Car plant were on the platform. The young guy I was talking about walked along the platform and the tension in the air that sprung up was tangible. The lad always wears a small rucksack, which doesn't help, but the reaction of the folk up there was almost distressing to watch. Nothing was said but people were kind of shuffling away from him. To show a kind of solidarity with him I made a point of standing beside him and smiling and nodding. He braved it all out but I could see he was profoundly uncomfortable. It's easy to criticise the guys on the platform and accuse them of racism but can you honestly blame them? It's another 'Reds Under The Bed' situation but these bastards carrying out those hellish murders are bringing this on their own people, Not that they give a toss.

I regularly use a small railway station called Derriaghy and quite often see a young Arabic guy getting on and off trains. He wears clothing that's hard to describe but he has a round hat and wears what is almost a bouffon blouse thing down to about his knees. And he wears what resemble decorative nicky tams. That's probably got you all confused. I'm kind of on nodding terms with him but haven't actually spoken to him. I was up there yesterday and for once the platform was busy. The earlier train had been cancelled and quite a lot of workers from the nearby plant which used to be the DeLorean Car plant were on the platform. The young guy I was talking about walked along the platform and the tension in the air that sprung up was tangible. The lad always wears a small rucksack, which doesn't help, but the reaction of the folk up there was almost distressing to watch. Nothing was said but people were kind of shuffling away from him. To show a kind of solidarity with him I made a point of standing beside him and smiling and nodding. He braved it all out but I could see he was profoundly uncomfortable. It's easy to criticise the guys on the platform and accuse them of racism but can you honestly blame them? It's another 'Reds Under The Bed' situation but these bastards carrying out those hellish murders are bringing this on their own people, Not that they give a toss.

It's sad how pathetic people become.

No different to when being Irish made you a pariah I suppose.

Reminds me not long after the London bombings being in Breahead shopping centre. 2 woman were in the shopping centre covered from head to foot in a Burqa with only their eyes showing. Remember feeling a bit paranoid thinking anything could be hidden under that. It may be the wrong way to think none the less just after 7;7 it made me feel very uncomfortable.

France banned the Burqa some years ago something I would like to see happen in the UK

If western woman are in ( certain ) Arabic countries they must cover themselves up to abide with local laws..

Reminds me not long after the London bombings being in Breahead shopping centre. 2 woman were in the shopping centre covered from head to foot in a Burqa with only their eyes showing. Remember feeling a bit paranoid thinking anything could be hidden under that. It may be the wrong way to think none the less just after 7;7 it made me feel very uncomfortable.

France banned the Burqa some years ago something I would like to see happen in the UK

If western woman are in ( certain ) Arabic countries they must cover themselves up to abide with local laws..

I think that would be a damgerous way to go personally.

Religous freedoms should not be taken away to suit the current agenda.

Terrorist acts are designed to unsettle a population. The behaviour cited above and the Railway station observation are merely a peoples reflex to uncertainty or a perceived threatening situation. If a terrorist(s) can scare a population , create uncertainty and fear, paranoia, then , they are doing their job successfully to a degree.

Banning the burqa as an example of restricting religious freedom merely fuels certain fundamentalists fervour for action and resentment, irrespective of the rank hypocrisy, the rights and wrongs involved.

Many people are simply beyond reasoning, its not in their agenda, or end game to comply or reach a pragmatic compromise. That's the world we live in.

If you are religious you huvnae got freedoms.

You will dae whit yir telt or yir heading for the burny fire.

Nae virgins.

Dafties

shutup.gif

Infidel.

Some dodgy character might get to you , either your car plate of your IP address. You might get the knock knock at midnight, maybe even the Burqa wearer in the back of your cab. Jist how sweatie would you get then ................. whistling.gif

Terrorist acts are designed to unsettle a population. The behaviour cited above and the Railway station observation are merely a peoples reflex to uncertainty or a perceived threatening situation. If a terrorist(s) can scare a population , create uncertainty and fear, paranoia, then , they are doing their job successfully to a degree.

Banning the burqa as an example of restricting religious freedom merely fuels certain fundamentalists fervour for action and resentment, irrespective of the rank hypocrisy, the rights and wrongs involved.

Many people are simply beyond reasoning, its not in their agenda, or end game to comply or reach a pragmatic compromise. That's the world we live in.

Well then - as regards to "certain fundamentalists and their fervour" - f**kem.

I guess I believe more in "when in Rome etc..." than I do in their hypocrisy and their rights, involved.

I've always been respectful of their way of life when I go there - as has Ms Bluto. In the 70s and 80s Playboy Club in London was second home to many muslims with whom I worked.

I'm sure similar aspects of the western hi-life are still enjoyed by Muslim men in London so why can't their women be similarly exposed to a different culture?

I believe personal freedoms come before religious freedoms - so I loathe seeing lumps of humanity disguised as sacks. The French attitude to the burqa is something I have always seen as inclusive.

Just hope there has been thorough screening carried out on all Syrians coming into the country to make sure they are geniune refugees and we are not letting in terrorists.

Cameron's ploy of picking families from the camps is partly for the above reason... as well as for the purpose of selecting the most skilled and middle class, down on their luck, who will happily and effectively contribute to society, he hopes...

The aim of the attacks is to create rifts between people in an attempt for the nutters to gain more recruits by Western reaction. The more we buy into discrimination then the terrorists are winning. Well done Rick for being a decent human being. A handful of nutters carried out the attacks from a population of 16 billion Muslims on the planet. People should bear this in mind.

Well then - as regards to "certain fundamentalists and their fervour" - f**kem.

I guess I believe more in "when in Rome etc..." than I do in their hypocrisy and their rights, involved.

I've always been respectful of their way of life when I go there - as has Ms Bluto. In the 70s and 80s Playboy Club in London was second home to many muslims with whom I worked.

I'm sure similar aspects of the western hi-life are still enjoyed by Muslim men in London so why can't their women be similarly exposed to a different culture?

I believe personal freedoms come before religious freedoms - so I loathe seeing lumps of humanity disguised as sacks. The French attitude to the burqa is something I have always seen as inclusive.

I don't want or expect ANY visitor to this country who chooses to live or work here to "tow the line" on any aspect of our "culture".

The whole advantage of having people from different cultures settle here is to freshen up our stale society which for FAR too long has been predominantly male, pale and stale.

My advice to any migrant coming here?

Welcome. Enjoy our country. Start changing things. We need it.

The idea that we bring in a whole raft of "new" and then start forcing bluto-isms onto them is horrifying.

Edited by oaksoft