Syrian Refugees Start Arriving Today

Seaside Nipper

Not as daft as an Oaksoft post but up there.

Read whats posted before replying. I never said all of the bombers were refugees. I also never put across a 1 sided argument. I stated what i believe the good and the bad points about welcoming these people (so soon anyway)

You clearly made a sweeping statement against refugees coming in.

Yes or no.

Come and do my job for a week.

You'll soon see the real problem and it isn't refugees and never will be.

Edited by PCCABE

Yeah on the news tonight is said one of the guys passports had been traced from something like Greece to Serbia to Austria (something like that)

At the checkpoints or border entries of the refugee trail.

Surely you should deal in facts if you want to ban refugees instead of a made up trail of countries.

Not as daft as an Oaksoft post but up there.

Read whats posted before replying. I never said all of the bombers were refugees. I also never put across a 1 sided argument. I stated what i believe the good and the bad points about welcoming these people (so soon anyway)

You haven't put up any good points.

Guest TPAFKATS

Yeah on the news tonight is said one of the guys passports had been traced from something like Greece to Serbia to Austria (something like that)

At the checkpoints or border entries of the refugee trail.

Hahaha

Same as the passport found on the suicide bomber then.

Terrorist acts are designed to unsettle a population. The behaviour cited above and the Railway station observation are merely a peoples reflex to uncertainty or a perceived threatening situation. If a terrorist(s) can scare a population , create uncertainty and fear, paranoia, then , they are doing their job successfully to a degree.

Banning the burqa as an example of restricting religious freedom merely fuels certain fundamentalists fervour for action and resentment, irrespective of the rank hypocrisy, the rights and wrongs involved.

Many people are simply beyond reasoning, its not in their agenda, or end game to comply or reach a pragmatic compromise. That's the world we live in.

I think you will find that , per the Koran , the burqa isn't a religious thing but more accurately, someone's interpretation of the Koran . .

Logically , the worship the same monotheistic God of the Christians , why would the all wise beingness that is God want women covered up from head to toe ? Sounds more like the superstion of man rather than a request from God . .

Whilst , we do allow people to wear what they want in this country , I think forcing a woman to go about her daily business covered from head to toe could be a violation of her basic human rights , in this country . .

On a personal basis , I certainly wouldn't wear the full highland dress in any Muslim country. . .

They certainly are.

Refugees on the other hand I find on the whole to be good hard working people.

The polish being a prime example of hardworking.

Im honestly not against any particular group of people just worried that the screening done on these particular refugees isnt as accurate as we are being told.

A friend of mine is working in the military and he said our intelligence agencies are second to none. He actually compared our Special Branch and other various areas and the ones of france as Rangers and St.Mirren. bluenose barsteward.

Gave me some comfort though.

The polish being a prime example of hardworking.

Im honestly not against any particular group of people just worried that the screening done on these particular refugees isnt as accurate as we are being told.

A friend of mine is working in the military and he said our intelligence agencies are second to none. He actually compared our Special Branch and other various areas and the ones of france as Rangers and St.Mirren. bluenose barsteward.

Gave me some comfort though.

Fair enough and I apologise for calling you prejudiced.

People like teaboy with his 1950s views just really piss me off.

Fair enough and I apologise for calling you prejudiced.

People like teaboy with his 1950s views just really piss me off.

Its no bother at all mate.

And since the IRA are beating the IS and AlQueda with 1800 names on thier list then i owe u one too.

On a brighter note the stv news asked 3 paisley locals at the cross thier views on immigrants coming here and they were all for it.

It was 2 english people and an african :)

Edited by LoganSMFC

Really?

You don't think the political leader of the country should stand up and show some leadership at a time when there have been at least half a dozen racist attacks in the last 3 days?

I'm all for Statesmanship and quality governance, I wish someone would project same from time to time,fine, but lecturing at people and telling them that there is no place in Scotland for prejudice and bigotry is just being bumptious and hectoring, and frankly plain wrong when all you need to do is take a look around you tbh.

In fact imo Nicola has not had the best of times over the last few days, but that's not relevant here. I was commenting that I just didn't like being patronised her, and I have noted a significant number of others I know had made comments along similar lines. I just thought she was wrong , but heh hoh.

Guest TPAFKATS

She isn't saying there is no bigotry or prejudice or even no racism. She's saying it's wrong. Not sure what else she could do when asked for a soundbite, even if it comes across as patronising to some who hear it.

I'm against organised religion, generally... but a regressive mediaeval religion wanting to drag us back to the 1300-1500s seems particularly unappealing. I assume you'd genuinely be pleased to see the women in your life burqad up? It must be the case, as that's a specific aspect of it that I cited - and you won't/can't address.

Disappointingly, when there's such sexism blatantly manifest in forcing women to cover themselves, when there's so much racism in this and related threads, YOU choose to indulge in irrelevant ageism. sad.png

As illegal and distasteful as the other two... and the refuge of a loser.

I'd (half-) thought better of you.

On the question of the Burka, I have no problem with as long as the wearing of it is the woman's choice. You can talk about social pressures "encouraging" the wearing of the burka, but equally you could talk about the social pressures that make young girls go out with muffin tops. If we want to talk about male objectification of woman then that's a good thing to debate, but why limit it to muslim objectification of woman.

After all it's not so long ago that woman going out with hair uncovered in this country was considered socially unacceptable, and we still use the term as a disparaging comment on a woman's social status

The refugees that the UK is taking have come from refugee camps. They are families who have been displaced by civil war and are genuine refugees. They are likely to have been in these camps for some time as well.

The ones travelling from Turkey to Greece and then wherever they like are not refugees. They are economic migrants and nobody has a f**king clue about their background.

Its also well known that Isis fighters are among them. The EU has been incredibly stupid and has put citizens safety at risk.

Really?

You don't think the political leader of the country should stand up and show some leadership at a time when there have been at least half a dozen racist attacks in the last 3 days?

She isn't saying there is no bigotry or prejudice or even no racism. She's saying it's wrong. Not sure what else she could do when asked for a soundbite, even if it comes across as patronising to some who hear it.

It would be more credible if Scottish political leadership would speak out, now and again... or even down the past century... about the prevalence of bigotry and racism that runs like a bleeding thread through the fabric of Scottish football.

AFAIK, she doesn't address this stuff closer to home and always present... And her predecessor saw the DEID club as "part of the fabric of Scottish society" and thoughtHMRC should go easy on them for robbing society of £millions. Huh.

I look upon it as gratuitous sound bite, too. Vacuous, meaningless and not worthy of her... especially when we all know it's a (west of) Scottish thing, anyway.