Syrian Refugees Start Arriving Today

Seaside Nipper

The refugees that the UK is taking have come from refugee camps. They are families who have been displaced by civil war and are genuine refugees. They are likely to have been in these camps for some time as well.

The ones travelling from Turkey to Greece and then wherever they like are not refugees. They are economic migrants and nobody has a f**king clue about their background.

Its also well known that Isis fighters are among them. The EU has been incredibly stupid and has put citizens safety at risk.

Spot on.............also noted about eight weeks ago now one of the Broadsheets running with a story about approximatley 10,000 Syrian passports having been , erm lost ? Genuine passports from the authorities, taken , stolen, procured, lost amidst the chaos. ISIS, ISIL or IS , whothef**kever, allegedly av em !!

What about the Scots who moved to Canada for a better life?

To Australia?

To the USA?

To South Africa?

What about the Scots folks retired and living in Tenerife?

In France?

In Spain?

Are they all to return "home" and be repatriated?

No, these are 'ex-pats' because they are white and 'Christian' . You are only a 'refugee' or 'asylum seeker' if you are non-white and 'non-Christian. There is a huge difference. It's called racism.

No, these are 'ex-pats' because they are white and 'Christian' . You are only a 'refugee' or 'asylum seeker' if you are non-white and 'non-Christian. There is a huge difference. It's called racism.

I'm surprised at you, Sonny. One of the most ludicrous posts I've ever seen on this forum and I've seen mountains of crap over the last few years.

18 families are to be given housing in Rothesay I understand they will arrive next week.

They will be made welcome.

Can we not swap them with those filthy pikey gypo cùnts, send those tarmacing, thieving scumbags to syria in exchange, they can shit all over car parks in alepo, dirty cùnts!!!

Edited by murray street

I'm surprised at you, Sonny. One of the most ludicrous posts I've ever seen on this forum and I've seen mountains of crap over the last few years.

That statement was made with a huge dose of sarcasm. I dislike the media labelling one group of people with a positive tag and another group with a negative tag. They are all people. The ones fleeing because they have to should be given a bit more respect by the media.

As BEK asked were the Scots from the Clearances ex-pats, asyslum seekers, refugees or migrant workers?

I worked abroad for nearly a year on far less money than I would have made at home. What label should be attached to me as I did not do it for financial gain?

(During that time I did not speak to another Scot for six months. It was the best educational experience of my life mixing with people from all over Europe (except Brits) :) . A huge learning curve that took me out of my parochial bubble).

People leave their country because they want to or because they have to. Those that have to should be portrayed in a better light and not as some burden.

I would have substituted 'refugee' and 'asylum seeker' for 'migrant', but aside from that he is absolutely spot-on.

I clearly wouldn't.

Racism is best left with white supremacists like you.

As racism is a hate crime I'll be expecting you to report whatever racism it is you are accusing me of? It's your duty after all.

I wont hold my breath though. I suspect you're just a typical fool that likes to throw accusations around in a vain effort to shut down debate.

As racism is a hate crime I'll be expecting you to report whatever racism it is you are accusing me of? It's your duty after all.

I wont hold my breath though. I suspect you're just a typical fool that likes to throw accusations around in a vain effort to shut down debate.

You clearly detest anybody who isn't your ideal of a right wing white Brit.

Have you not seen the harm the UK and its master Uncle Sam have done to the world?

That statement was made with a huge dose of sarcasm. I dislike the media labelling one group of people with a positive tag and another group with a negative tag. They are all people. The ones fleeing because they have to should be given a bit more respect by the media.

As BEK asked were the Scots from the Clearances ex-pats, asyslum seekers, refugees or migrant workers?

I worked abroad for nearly a year on far less money than I would have made at home. What label should be attached to me as I did not do it for financial gain?

(During that time I did not speak to another Scot for six months. It was the best educational experience of my life mixing with people from all over Europe (except Brits) smile.png . A huge learning curve that took me out of my parochial bubble).

People leave their country because they want to or because they have to. Those that have to should be portrayed in a better light and not as some burden.

OK, Sonny. I take you're point and I know you are usually a very reasonable guy. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about immigration because there are two polarised groups. Neither the two shall meet or even wish to. Immigration brings problems of all sorts to the destination country and that's a fact but I know I will be shouted down for saying so. I can live with it. The current situation with IS is a big complication which shouldn't be ignored. And I don't care who did what to whom first. It wisnae me!

You clearly detest anybody who isn't your ideal of a right wing white Brit.

Have you not seen the harm the UK and its master Uncle Sam have done to the world?

You reckon I'm a racist. You reckon you're a policeman. Hadn't you better report me?

I'm sure Div can happily assist you in tracking me down.

Report my "racism" or f**k off.

OK, Sonny. I take you're point and I know you are usually a very reasonable guy. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about immigration because there are two polarised groups. Neither the two shall meet or even wish to. Immigration brings problems of all sorts to the destination country and that's a fact but I know I will be shouted down for saying so. I can live with it. The current situation with IS is a big complication which shouldn't be ignored. And I don't care who did what to whom first. It wisnae me!

Who by? Everyone in here is reasonable and balanced..

Immigration is one thing. What we are seeing just now isn't normal immigration. Its people being smuggled across from Turkey and north africa. Mainly to Italy and Greece who are struggling to cope and are just moving them along. Turkey is "safe" for fleeing Syrians, as is Lebanon etc. The refugees the UK is taking are coming directly from refugee camps. They are family units and I'm happy enough with that. I'm not happy with hundreds of thousands of trafficked randoms appearing unannounced in Europe. We know nothing about them.

For those comparing previous migrations its worth pointing out that they are not really the same. Those people did flee for similar reasons. But they went to places like Canada and the USA knowing theyd have to build a life there from scratch and with no help. No welfare state, probably little in the way of schooling etc. Thats not the case in Europe which has huge welfarism which is an attraction. You can have mass immigration (fine), or you can have borders and a planned welfare state. You can't have both. I'm happy to see mass immigration and a dismantling of welfarism.