Forum Upgrade

Threads are very rarely deleted from the forum by moderators, I can't remember the last time one was deleted. A couple have been hidden for legal reasons but never deleted (apart from mistakenly duplicated topics where the OP has started twice by mistake). 

I'm sure this feature which is active just now is just a temporary glitch. Hopefully Div can confirm either way.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea, we could end up with no active topics if threads are deleted every time the OP takes the huff or doesn't like the content. 

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Have only viewed the new forum in my mobile, really struggling to get to grips with it if I'm being honest. 

Mid this the same view you get when on a pc? Is there no "desktop view" anymore?

It's been going a while now and when I click on "unread content" (3clicks now instead of 1) it list the post in threads I haven't read. 

When end I click into these I still get taken to the first post on this thread, not the first unread post which is a bit of a pain. 

Previously users could lock their own threads which was a bit of a pain in the tits but it looks like they can now delete their own threads. Is this meant to be the case or is it a glitch? 

There's no need for a mobile and desktop view anymore, the website is responsive so it adapts itself based on the size of screen that is viewing it.

You can click "Unread Content" in one click at the top right of the board?

You can also follow certain sections of the board you are interested in, then set up a custom activity stream to only show content from those areas of the forum that you have followed.

All in all it's much more flexible than it was before, will just take a bit of getting used to.

On the users deleting threads I will look at that setting, not sure that's such a good idea either!

Ok div, now that Gilmour has spare time on his hands, did you put him in charge of the upgrade?

Don't like it at all. Main complaint is sometimes when I click on a thread, I get re-directed to an advert. I don't want a loan or a new fecking car!

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, HSS said:

I hate the new look.I'm out except for Farmer Johns thread.

I like the look of it but I just can't get my head round how to post properly. I hate change which I know is an age thing. I would literally need a training course to get going properly but that's not available. So reluctantly I'm out now too. I'll still read the forum but won't/can't contribute.

40 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

I like the look of it but I just can't get my head round how to post properly. I hate change which I know is an age thing. I would literally need a training course to get going properly but that's not available. So reluctantly I'm out now too. I'll still read the forum but won't/can't contribute.

FFS Rick 

You have just postit correctly. 

Persevere.

The Forum has had a great upgrade. 

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ok div, now that Gilmour has spare time on his hands, did you put him in charge of the upgrade?

Don't like it at all. Main complaint is sometimes when I click on a thread, I get re-directed to an advert. I don't want a loan or a new fecking cart!

Is your auld horse and cart still going well.

2 hours ago, shull said:

FFS Rick 

You have just postit correctly. 

Persevere.

The Forum has had a great upgrade. 

I agree it all looks great but I am simply having trouble replying to posts. I'm posting this now to see if it goes through.

On 7 July 2016 at 2:45 PM, shull said:

Click on dot or star next to Topic to get unread posts. 

If stuck, ask a Mod. 

:wink: 

Finally got the hang of this function thanks to Shull. 

I I was using the very top right hand side which requires 3 clicks.  To the left of the search button is the new posts button. 

Think I should give him my log in details for moderation, when I'm busy and he's waiting about Craigton for a hire he could tidy the place up a bit. 

Got a problem with topic titles both on the list page and at the top of each thread on my Galaxy tablet with android

They are showing as one letter to a line like this

T

I

t

l

e

Any advice?

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Finally got the hang of this function thanks to Shull. 

I I was using the very top right hand side which requires 3 clicks.  To the left of the search button is the new posts button. 

Think I should give him my log in details for moderation, when I'm busy and he's waiting about Craigton for a hire he could tidy the place up a bit. 

Ye better not.

I wid delete the whole f*cking lot, if in a grumpy mood. :D