The Politics Thread

shull

You think the phrase "goose stepping" is acceptable in this day and age that's fine but you've lost the moral high ground by supporting that view and also supporting his continued Nazi references.

Just stop bleating about others taking you to task.

Deflection is always a sign of a lost arguement Oaky.

Beautiful bit of deflection there.

I will bite though... Since it is you.

Whilst not a phrase I would personally use, Stuart did not use it to insult or attack anyone, merely alluded to it being an implication by his attackers.

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Meanwhile, life goes on as normal in Cardonald. 

Still making a living and vast majority of my clients seem contented. 

Season starts shortly. 

Bring on the Livy. 

Same in Wishaw Shull. The sun is even threatening to come out. On the downside - my disaster planning has left me with far too many cans of food. 

My Cupboards are full of cans. 

Soup, Beans, Spaghetti Hoops and even Custard and a rogue tin of prunes. 

Never been so well off. 

God bless Maggie and Rule Britannia. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Personally, I think it is just possible that many different people had their own personal reasons and that many of them would have been for what the individual voter perceived as the greater good.

Honestly can't believe the levels of denial over the fact that the core Leave vote was based on blatant racism.

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly can't believe the levels of denial over the fact that the core Leave vote was based on blatant racism.

Indeed.

If you watch the interviews from the likes of Boston (75% out), they're quite honest about the fact that it was immigration that influenced their decision, but "we're not racists". Honest guv.

It's kind of akin to the levels of denial that much of the Yes vote in 2014 was down to anti English sentiment despite all the evidence being otherwise.

I'd agree that a significant number of leave voters did so because of immigration. I guess that probably is racist on some levels but the problem has been that their concerns have been ignored by politicians who are scared to comment. I do understand those concerns even if I don't agree with them.

On a smaller scale I was an "incomer" as a 20 year old to Law Village where I was treated, at least initially with a lot of suspicion. Why? Well in 1990 it was a really small village where most of the families had lived their all their lives. Everyone knew everyone else's business but things were changing. It was becoming a commuter town for Glasgow. More houses were being built, farm land was being consented for change of use and the potential impact on the small primary school was a concern. Now I don't fit into any ethic minority and no one could claim this was racism. It was just people justifiably concerned at the way their environment was changing. For some reason having the same concerns about a large influx of people from the EU is a taboo subject because people like you are quick to call it racist.

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe being told you are aligning yourself with Farage isn't insulting to you, but it is certainly not something I wish to be associated with.

It wasn't being aimed at me...or you ;-)

Some don't like change or differences. 

Some get attacked physically  or verbally  just because of colour of hair, fat belly, clothes they wear, etc. 

All these are hate crimes and should be dealt with on an equal basis with other hate crimes. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Seems to me there is only one Race of People in the EU. 

Loads of Countries though.... 

Don't be silly shull. Our resident troll has told you that the inhabitants of the Hebrides are a different race to those from mainland Scotland.

One Race fits all humans in the World. 

Battering somebody because you don't like their clothes is exactly the same as battering somebody with a different colour of skin. 

Both hate crimes and should be dealt with the same way. 

It's time people stopped being abusive. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Battering somebody because you don't like their clothes is exactly the same as battering somebody with a different colour of skin. 

f**k off ya post building bawbag

18 minutes ago, shull said:

Quite right sir. Abuse is supposed to be against the terms and conditions of this forum isn't it? I wonder if a moderator will be along shortly to ban Tony for calling you a post building bawbag - a quite disgusting and shameful level of abuse 

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I wouldn't regard it as a mistake, even if theres no way of proving it. I know many cases go unreported just as racist incidents go unreported everywhere. I worked on Lewis a number of years back and I saw it first hand...not just with the English guys either, but anyone from the mainland. I'm not trying to make an issue of it I'm simply trying to put Oaksoft sensationalist claim into context.

Your original claim was that there was more than 30 recorded incidents per day, surely the proof will be in the fact that they are recorded..............go on, accept/admit that you were incorrect

1 hour ago, shull said:

I think I am beginning to understand why you restrict yourself to posting inconsequential and harmless shite. :lol:

Abused because of skin colour 

Abused because of clothes worn 

Dean Sheils abused because of disability. 

All 3 are hate crimes and should be acted upon equally. 

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Here's the future options then?

Scotland remains in the UK and we're all out of Europe.

Scotland gains independence and is in the EU as an independent nation.

Scotland gains independence and doesn't gain entry to the EU.

That's it folks, align yer'sel with Nigel, align yer'sel with Boris, align yer'sel with Nicola, align yer'sel with Jeremy (haaaaa! FFS)....

Argue about it endlessly on a fitba' forum, or move to New Zealand. That's the choices as I see them. Personally, I'm about to align myself with a roll on square sausage and tomato sauce. Fcuk Nigel, Boris, Jeremy and Nicola. The lot of them. Important question though... tomato sauce or brown sauce on a square sausage?

How did that go for you Poz? Did you flatten the sausage, (ooooer missus), and get covered in the sauce. (OOO-OOOOOOER Missus!)