1877 Club

div

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Your answer begs the question ....why not?

A  Celtic Supporting friend of mine has a Club Membership which includes:

1 His season ticket.

2 Parking near the ground.

3 Snacks.

Only his drinks are extra.

He arrives early and leaves late.

All in one package'

tt can be done if the will is there.

Sorry Mate, you will just not get your own 'designated' parking space.  First come first served, as it should be.

3 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Sorry Mate, you will just not get your own 'designated' parking space.  First come first served, as it should be.

I see your point Vambo but this is an alternative approach which is being used successfully elsewhere.

It wraps things up into an attractive package.

I am sure if you approached SMFC and offered to buy a designated' parking space from them, they would accomodate you... at a price.

I am also sure if you contacted the 1877 Club and offered to pay for full membership, they could accomodate you also, or are you just putting you're thoughts out there in the hope that they will contact you to massage you're rather large ego?

2 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

I am sure if you approached SMFC and offered to buy a designated' parking space from them, they would accomodate you... at a price.

I am also sure if you contacted the 1877 Club and offered to pay for full membership, they could accomodate you also, or are you just putting you're thoughts out there in the hope that they will contact you to massage you're rather large ego?

Sound advice but poor judgement on the ego front.

1 hour ago, Vambo57 said:

What problems would they be?  To make money (and pay off the remaining balance?) the 1877 Club needs to fill early and be full when closing.  THAT would be a good problem to have.

Nae chance!

Given the comments earlier in this thread it makes no difference to paying off the balance whether the club is used by 1 person or 100. The only cash going towards paying off the building of the club is the membership fee. Don't think that's particularly fair but there you go.

As for the parking space package, I think it's a good idea. Not a designated space though, just a car park pass like other folk have. Problem there is it's the club in charge of the passes and the 1877 Club in charge of membership.

Only people allowed into the club should be those like me who will make the club plenty of profit by the amount of beer I would drink :cheers   Anybody else who sits for hours nursing a wee cup of coffee or a can of coke can get their arse back down the stairs for denying the club a good profit margin :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Only people allowed into the club should be those like me who will make the club plenty of profit by the amount of beer I would drink :cheers   Anybody else who sits for hours nursing a wee cup of coffee or a can of coke can get their arse back down the stairs for denying the club a good profit margin :rolleyes:

Proud to be a Jakey :lol:

46 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Why don't you do it now instead of posting shit all day long ?

Yir annoyed. Have a wee drink and calm down. 

It would be ideal if there was free WIFI covering the Stadium and Car Park. 

I wid be like a Pig in Shit sitting in the Car Park from now till the next Kick Off. 

Plenty of coffee and contributing to this excellent St Mirren Forum. 

Worries me when folk boast about their alcohol habits. 

Shouldn't really as they know best. 

54 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Your the one who replied :lol:  The chairman want to bring more income to the club so just want to do my bit to help :cheers

In it's present pathetic form, I guess the damned Cliqued Club 1877 will ever make a decent profit. 

Why arrive at the ground an hour before Ko in the first place if you know there are no facilities available to you. Why not have an extra 40m at home or do what the vast majority of pre match beer / coffee drinkers do and head to a more welcoming and free to enter establishment in town.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why arrive at the ground an hour before Ko in the first place if you know there are no facilities available to you. Why not have an extra 40m at home or do what the vast majority of pre match beer / coffee drinkers do and head to a more welcoming and free to enter establishment in town.

I am not at home before any Match. 

I am working. 

As the wee yin was not going last Saturday, I headed to Greenhill Road after dropping my last hire. 

Didnt want to take another job after 2pm incase it took me miles away from Paisley and I may have missed some of the Beautiful Game. 

Sitting in my car at the Stadium with   a take away coffee and reading this super Forum, was perfect.  

4 hours ago, shull said:

Yir annoyed. Have a wee drink and calm down. 

It would be ideal if there was free WIFI covering the Stadium and Car Park. 

I wid be like a Pig in Shit sitting in the Car Park from now till the next Kick Off. 

Plenty of coffee and contributing to this excellent St Mirren Forum. 

Worries me when folk boast about their alcohol habits. 

Shouldn't really as they know best. 

Annoyed :lol:  No me since in 24 hours I will be in sunnier climate enjoying the heat and cold beer  :cheers     :byebye

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Annoyed :lol:  No me since in 24 hours I will be in sunnier climate enjoying the heat and cold beer  :cheers     :byebye

Don't mention beer to him, he can't handle them. :green

Have a great time and have a couple of gallons on me. :guinness