The First Minister is not listening

Stuart Dickson

So says British Transport Police Officers who have slammed her decision to merge British Transport Police north of the border into Police Scotland. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/708696/Transport-cops-Sturgeon-merger-Police-Scotland

And then in other police news this story has broken. A pile of taxpayers money wasted on this latest Scottish Government IT Shambles

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1366423-probe-after-police-scotland-cancels-60m-it-contract/

Those disgusted at the way our country is being policed are urged to have a look at this petition. Police Scotland has never and will never deliver the savings the SNP claimed. It's a failed project. Time to scrap it. 

https://www.change.org/p/nicola-sturgeon-first-minister-of-scotland-demolish-police-scotland-and-return-scotland-s-9-police-forces/c/504557735

6 minutes ago, Slash said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Indeed!

The police are one of the few professions left with a Union strong enough to defend itself and they tend to do it vocally. How long is it since they booed Theresa May (then Home Secretary) and called for her resignation at their national conference?

Like you imply there's nothing to see here other than SD's continuing slide into madness................ 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Indeed!

The police are one of the few professions left with a Union strong enough to defend itself and they tend to do it vocally. How long is it since they booed Theresa May (then Home Secretary) and called for her resignation at their national conference?

Like you imply there's nothing to see here other than SD's continuing slide into madness................ 

£60m wasted is small beer in a year when the deficit runs at £17Bn but it's again indicative of the SNPs inability to manage the countries public finances. Worse than Labour and I never thought I'd be saying that in 2008. :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

£60m wasted is small beer in a year when the deficit runs at £17Bn but it's again indicative of the SNPs inability to manage the countries public finances. Worse than Labour and I never thought I'd be saying that in 2008. :rolleyes:

I was trying to put the Police Federation's criticism into context - if you're unable to deal with that then you'd be better off saying nothing rather than going into RantMode and exposing your lack of understanding yet again! :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

You aren't saying it in 2008. This is 2016

25 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I was trying to put the Police Federation's criticism into context - if you're unable to deal with that then you'd be better off saying nothing rather than going into RantMode and exposing your lack of understanding yet again! :rolleyes:

What have I to deal with? 

The Scottish Government has made a complete and utter f**king mess of policing in Scotland. It was their policy to merge the 9 police forces, to close regional call centres and to put an extra 1000 police officers on the beat with the savings. They offered redundancy packages to emergency centre workers in the regional call centres who didn't want to relocate, with the intention of eventually leaving just Govan, Bilston and Motherwell open to cover the whole of Scotland but as the waiting times in these call centres inevitably started to escalate, particularly on the 101 line, those extra police officers were ordered into the call centres. More recently, after a much publicised review, the Scottish Government has now decided to remove the guarantee of an 1,000 extra police officers saying this may not be sustainable (surprise surprise) and a huge recruitment drive was put in place to try to staff up those remaining call centres. The new IT system was supposed to ease matters - although most police officers were more than sceptical of the Scottish Governments ability to deliver any kind of IT platform and as predicted that too has now been scrapped. However I also understand that the call centre closure programme is to continue despite it not having delivered any savings whatsoever to date. 

In the NHS too, in Lanarkshire, the phlebotomy department was closed in Monklands and all work transferred to Wishaw General. The move was supposed to save money. All the staff were moved to Wishaw and now couriers have been hired to carry blood samples between the two hospitals. Talking to one of the managers of that department I asked if there had been any savings at all, he just laughed. The move has almost doubled the cost of the service so far and it now, obviously, takes far longer to get the results of blood tests if you are at a patient in either hospital. 

The SNP have no clue what they are doing. As I always stated the political talent pool at Holyrood is woefully shallow. They are the worst government Scotland has ever seen, and it's only going to get worse as the years go on. No wonder they need an independence referendum to sweep their incompetence under. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

40 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The Scottish Government has made a complete and utter f**king mess of policing in Scotland. It was their policy to merge the 9 police forces, to close regional call centres and to put an extra 1000 police officers on the beat with the savings. They offered redundancy packages to emergency centre workers in the regional call centres who didn't want to relocate, with the intention of eventually leaving just Govan, Bilston and Motherwell open to cover the whole of Scotland but as the waiting times in these call centres inevitably started to escalate, particularly on the 101 line, those extra police officers were ordered into the call centres. More recently, after a much publicised review, the Scottish Government has now decided to remove the guarantee of an 1,000 extra police officers saying this may not be sustainable (surprise surprise) and a huge recruitment drive was put in place to try to staff up those remaining call centres. The new IT system was supposed to ease matters - although most police officers were more than sceptical of the Scottish Governments ability to deliver any kind of IT platform and as predicted that too has now been scrapped. However I also understand that the call centre closure programme is to continue despite it not having delivered any savings whatsoever to date. 

In the NHS too, in Lanarkshire, the phlebotomy department was closed in Monklands and all work transferred to Wishaw General. The move was supposed to save money. All the staff were moved to Wishaw and now couriers have been hired to carry blood samples between the two hospitals. Talking to one of the managers of that department I asked if there had been any savings at all, he just laughed. The move has almost doubled the cost of the service so far and it now, obviously, takes far longer to get the results of blood tests if you are at a patient in either hospital. 

The SNP have no clue what they are doing. As I always stated the political talent pool at Holyrood is woefully shallow. They are the worst government Scotland has ever seen, and it's only going to get worse as the years go on. No wonder they need an independence referendum to sweep their incompetence under. 

There's spin and there's facts and then there's what you've copied and pasted from the Daily Mail with no understanding of the context - when you're able to post something coherent and consistent then I'll deconstruct it.

Meanwhile the fat heretic continues to ignore the billions wasted on a defence system that will nevee be used.

And still has a profile picture of a colonial, imperialist flag that was seen by millions as a symbol of British fascism.

BAWA's version of Sir Oswald Mosley will never learn.....

27 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Just to clarify, the 1000 extra police officers pledge was met.

Yep, it was met, but at the cost of 212 call centre staff jobs and a number of other civilian posts around the police force. Many of those additional police officers never made it onto the beat, where the Scottish Government pledged they would be. Instead they found themselves stationed inside those call centres, manning the phones and replacing the civilian staff that had been paid off. BTW the number of police officers has been falling each year since 2012 and with figures now having fallen below the SNP target of 17,244 there is currently a recruitment freeze. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Zippy said:

Meanwhile the fat heretic continues to ignore the billions wasted on a defence system that will nevee be used.

And still has a profile picture of a colonial, imperialist flag that was seen by millions as a symbol of British fascism.

BAWA's version of Sir Oswald Mosley will never learn.....

So says BAWA's version of Heinrich Himmler. :rolleyes: Seriously, you'd need to be hell of an intolerant to write the level of pish you have done here Zippy and all about the flag of your own country too. Shame on you. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Really. Care to explain where I have advocated gassing of Jews?

If you are progressing down that route, why don't you ask the Boers of South African what was done to their people under that flag you worship

For what its worth, its merely your deflection tactic at being unable to justify squandering billions of pounds on a useless defence system whilst banging on about nonsense about our transport police

I detect your arse being handed to you on a plate. Again

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Indeed!

Yep. The police are quite rightly blaming the private company Accenture for the IT failure but Dickson blames Sturgeon.

Using the word "horrific" to describe a perfectly sensible decision to move a few hundred police under Police Scotland is just plain stupid. The police are outdated and overly unionised. They are being dragged into the 21st century and rightly so. They should STFU and get on with making it work.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

Do you mean we don't? :)

More importantly, our forum clown genuinely believes that people using this forum are so stupid that they might think it is true. :lol:

How stupid would a new forum member be to think we would be engaging in gentle banter with a convicted child murderer ?. :lol:Absolutely beggars belief.

blubber1
ˈblʌbə/  
noun
noun: blubber
  1. 1.

:

informal
    excessive human fat.

synonyms: fat, excessive weight, fatness, plumpness, bulk; More
verb
informal
verb: blubber; 3rd person present: blubbers; past tense: blubbered; past participle: blubbered; gerund or present participle: blubbering
  1. cry noisily and uncontrollably; sob.
    "he was blubbering like a child"

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The SNP have no clue what they are doing. As I always stated the political talent pool at Holyrood is woefully shallow. They are the worst government Scotland has ever seen, and it's only going to get orse as the years go on. No wonder they need an independence referendum to sweep their incompetence under.

If the phlebotomy department has been centralised in one hospital, Wishaw General, why is there any need to transport blood samples from one hospital to another? Are you sure that it is not the pathology department that has been centralised?

Here is an extract from NHS Lanarkshire website:- "The innovative redesign and reconfiguration has led to the creation of a main blood sciences laboratory at Wishaw with supporting core labs at Hairmyres and Monklands." This reads to me as if  there are still laboratory services present on all 3 sites.

If the phlebotomy department has been centralised in one hospital, Wishaw General, why is there any need to transport blood samples from one hospital to another? Are you sure that it is not the pathology department that has been centralised?

Here is an extract from NHS Lanarkshire website:- "The innovative redesign and reconfiguration has led to the creation of a main blood sciences laboratory at Wishaw with supporting core labs at Hairmyres and Monklands." This reads to me as if  there are still laboratory services present on all 3 sites.

Correct. He seems to post stuff thinking no one else knows what they are talking about. I have to give a pint of blood every Monday at monk lands and the blood results are given to me that night having been checked down in the lab at monklands.
Also SD don't believe the 60 million loss in IT revamp. It's paper talk to suit folk like yourself. There was no loss whatsoever. It was going to cost that if it went ahead.