Another Economic Collapse Coming

For the past week or so have been watching the financial markets mainly to keep an eye on oil price and its effect on the market. However the financial side of the web is full of stories from financial experts the that Deutsche Bank Germany's biggest bank is about to collapse which will make markets around the word collapse creating a bigger depression like has never been seen.   

Deutsche Bank. Big bank. Biggest bank in Germany, and one of the biggest banks in the Euro Zone… they’re going to go belly up. Watch it. Watch it, I said it, it’s going to happen.

They are in such a danger zone, they don’t know what to do. Deutsche Bank’s derivative debt is greater than the global economy. That is one bank. $72 trillion in derivative exposure. The entire global economy, all the countries in the world is only $66 trillion GDP.

Internet is a funny place, you can find what you want...............

The chief executive of troubled Deutsche Bank has emailed the 100,000 staff to reassure them that the German giant's finances are strong.

John Cryan told them the bank had become the object of "hefty speculation" and that "new rumours" were causing the share price to fall.

He said the bank's reserves and profits underlined its strength.

The shares had fallen again on Friday, but closed 6.4% up on rumours that a huge US fine could be reduced.

In his letter, Mr Cryan pointed out that Deutsche had €215bn in reserves and made €1bn in profits for the last six month. At no point in the last 20 years had Deutsche been as strong as it is now, Mr Cryan insisted.

Aye...................

Shares received another boost and closed up 6% after a report claimed that Deutsche Bank had reached a deal to settle legal claims in the U.S. for a smaller amount than expected.

I have no knowledge about this bank, or any other bank, suppose it shows the internet is a scary place. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't let the facts get in the way of a good ' we are all doomed' conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For the past week or so have been watching the financial markets mainly to keep an eye on oil price and its effect on the market. However the financial side of the web is full of stories from financial experts the that Deutsche Bank Germany's biggest bank is about to collapse which will make markets around the word collapse creating a bigger depression like has never been seen.   

Deutsche Bank. Big bank. Biggest bank in Germany, and one of the biggest banks in the Euro Zone… they’re going to go belly up. Watch it. Watch it, I said it, it’s going to happen.

Thank f**k it's someone else for a change. :rolleyes:

All this as you literally can't give the £ away on the foreign exchange markets with dollar parity now predicted by early 2017 and the £ going negative v the euro.

We are slowly but surely becoming toxic globally but that's to be expected as we retreat behind our insular wall and pull up the drawbridges.

Sod the single market, sod the economy as long as we keep the immigrants out - don't you just love Little Britain !!!

The world is in a stage where a lot of rebalancing is taking place.

Capital is hugely available and free to travel instantly anywhere in the world.

This freedom creates a climate of instability.

Up / Down is cyclical but the global movements of funds has accelerated exponentially.

In the real economy - in my opionion - there is a slow, jerky progression towards Africa, India, China and SE Asis plus S America becoming better off with a similar but downward move in the prosperity of the west., at least in relative terms.

Deutsche Bank by all accounts a huge mess.  The German government has said it won't bail them out, but with the impact after Lehmans was allowed to go bust I doubt Merkel can not step in. 

If Deutsche Bank can not negotiate a deal with the American Justice department it stands a very grim chance of collapse. If that were to happen it would be disasstres for the rest of the world much worse than the 2008 collapse of banks.

27 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If Deutsche Bank can not negotiate a deal with the American Justice department it stands a very grim chance of collapse. If that were to happen it would be disasstres for the rest of the world much worse than the 2008 collapse of banks.

Here's a thought, what IF it didn't collapse?

FFS, away and cheer up...................life will go on, as it did after 2008. :byebye

FFS, away and cheer up...................life will go on, as it did after 2008. :byebye

Deep down I'm a happy chappy however my pension fund is tied to the market , not being a spring chicken it would drop drastically if this bank was to fail which it may very well do a load of European banks would collapse also with it. Mate if you are not concerned you should be it will effect everyone.

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Deep down I'm a happy chappy however my pension fund is tied to the market , not being a spring chicken it would drop drastically if this bank was to fail which it may very well do a load of European banks would collapse also with it. Mate if you are not concerned you should be it will effect everyone.

Why should I be concerned about something I can do nothing about?

I've got more things to be concerned about.

You carry on and you can worry for us both, that's a good boy. :P

All the more reason not to be in the EU isn't it? Imagine if Germany needs a bail out. Thank f**k we're no part of that f**k fest. 

China enjoyed a boom time in 2008 when the global market was supposidly crashing. It dis so because their banks were reasonably well financed. The UK has done a great deal to ensure our banks have been recapitalised and now we're not part of the EU. I suspect the UK would be absolutely fine in the event of a Deutche Bank collapse. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Exactly. How badly damaged was anyone in the UK by the 2008 collapse? I suffered a small loss to my income as my bosses changed their policy on paying overtime from the moment I left the house to only paying it when I arrived in my office. Some bankers lost their jobs, but unemployment fell and fell in the UK to the point now where we've got more people in employment than ever before. House prices remained fairly stable, mortgage interest rates reached an all time low, repossessions didn't rise to anywhere near the kind of levels some left wing idiots were predicting, and the world kept on turning and the sun kept on creeping out from behind the clouds. 

It's kind of funny to see Scottish Nationalists running about screaming that the sky is falling in, when what has really f**ked them as a political movement big time was the collapse of RBS and HBOS in 2008 and the oil price collapse neither of which they saw happening, even as it was going on. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

All the more reason not to be in the EU isn't it? Imagine if Germany needs a bail out. Thank f**k we're no part of that f**k fest. 

China enjoyed a boom time in 2008 when the global market was supposidly crashing. It dis so because their banks were reasonably well financed. The UK has done a great deal to ensure our banks have been recapitalised and now we're not part of the EU. I suspect the UK would be absolutely fine in the event of a Deutche Bank collapse. 

Exactly. How badly damaged was anyone in the UK by the 2008 collapse? I suffered a small loss to my income as my bosses changed their policy on paying overtime from the moment I left the house to only paying it when I arrived in my office. Some bankers lost their jobs, but unemployment fell and fell in the UK to the point now where we've got more people in employment than ever before. House prices remained fairly stable, mortgage interest rates reached an all time low, repossessions didn't rise to anywhere near the kind of levels some left wing idiots were predicting, and the world kept on turning and the sun kept on creeping out from behind the clouds. 

It's kind of funny to see Scottish Nationalists running about screaming that the sky is falling in, when what has really f**ked them as a political movement big time was the collapse of RBS and HBOS in 2008 and the oil price collapse neither of which they saw happening, even as it was going on. 

Make your mind up, which one is it? And as Slarti says, we are still in. And will be until at least March 2019 by the look of things.

Scotland might be in a bit longer, of course...

13 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Make your mind up, which one is it? And as Slarti says, we are still in. And will be until at least March 2019 by the look of things.

Scotland might be in a bit longer, of course...

Scotland won't be. Scotland is part of the UK and the UK is leaving the EU. Theresa May confirmed as much this week. The sooner Nationalists wake up to that fact and start working with the rest of the UK to ensure we make the most of the new opportunities that are opening up for us all the better, 

There's no contradiction in the two posts I made either. The UK is not going to be saddled with any bill to bail out Germany, or Greece, or Spain, or Italy, or France, or any of the other f**ked up countries in the EU. Like China we'll be able to made financial decisions that benefit our people and our economy. I welcome this. The UK survived the crash of 2008 without anyone being too disadvantaged. That was thanks to the power and magnitude of being the 5th richest economy in the world. Scotland on it's own would have collapsed, crumbled and died both when RBS and HBOS collapsed, and when the oil price tumbled through the floor. Thankfully reality shows that our nations heroes voted No to Nationalism, and as a result we can all reap the rewards

Guest TPAFKATS

Yes it was an interesting drench from PM May. Not long after she finished boasting about how UK was the 5th largest economy it was down to 6th.
Such was the confidence in her and her hard Brexit and fascist policies towards foreigners.
I believe there's also been what's known as a run on the pound.

2 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

Yes it was an interesting drench from PM May. Not long after she finished boasting about how UK was the 5th largest economy it was down to 6th.
Such was the confidence in her and her hard Brexit and fascist policies towards foreigners.
I believe there's also been what's known as a run on the pound.

All the financial experts seem to reckon the fall and rise again were due to a computer glitch, but don't let that get in the way of your conspiracy theory. :rolleyes: