Another Economic Collapse Coming

19 hours ago, tony soprano said:

The pound has fallen around 15% against the dollar in just over a year.

That's some glitch...

I think it has more to do with all the scare mongering than anything else .  It usually comes down to speculators. I'm sure it will go back up but at the moment it means the ham shanks and der Deutsch get cheaper imports from us. .

. .bizarrely enough share prices are on the rise . I think since the 2008 debacle the whole thing has been teetering on an knife edge. . 

Will that German bank collapse ? Who knows but I certainly won't lose any sleep over it and there is nothing I can do about it anyway. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime
edited by Tom for language and grammar

Let's be honest here, the Germans are just pissed off because we beat them to an Exit plan. They might get their towels on the sun beds but we snuck out whilst they were still sleeping B)

Imagine , the Germans, the panic that looms in that country now is unreal. Losing their biggest Euro bail out 'buddy' has brought all their worst fears home. Imagine them try and go tell Greece what to do now. The whole house of cards folding.

Time for a complete Euro recalibration. Too many vested interests with too much to lose.

Simple.

Guest TPAFKATS
It's hardly surprising since we've cut out interest rates whilst the US raised theirs. 

What are you calling for? For mortgages to be more expensive? 

I wasn't calling for anything. I was calling you out for talking shite...again!

Scotland won't be. Scotland is part of the UK and the UK is leaving the EU. Theresa May confirmed as much this week. The sooner Nationalists wake up to that fact and start working with the rest of the UK to ensure we make the most of the new opportunities that are opening up for us all the better, 

There's no contradiction in the two posts I made either. The UK is not going to be saddled with any bill to bail out Germany, or Greece, or Spain, or Italy, or France, or any of the other f**ked up countries in the EU. Like China we'll be able to made financial decisions that benefit our people and our economy. I welcome this. The UK survived the crash of 2008 without anyone being too disadvantaged. That was thanks to the power and magnitude of being the 5th richest economy in the world. Scotland on it's own would have collapsed, crumbled and died both when RBS and HBOS collapsed, and when the oil price tumbled through the floor. Thankfully reality shows that our nations heroes voted No to Nationalism, and as a result we can all reap the rewards

You know the result of indyref2 already? Go on, give us all the Euromillions numbers for Tuesday. The way the pound's going it'll be worth about £500m by then...

You know the result of indyref2 already? Go on, give us all the Euromillions numbers for Tuesday. The way the pound's going it'll be worth about £500m by then...

There will be no Indy ref 2. Scots don't want it, the SNP can't afford to get their arse whipped again, and it's quite clear that the last thing the EU needs right now is yet another bankrupt member on its books

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

Scotland won't be. Scotland is part of the UK and the UK is leaving the EU. Theresa May confirmed as much this week.

Herr May has spoken. We have no say in this matter. Disband the Assembly and get yer feckin' chains back on ya rebellious Scot's upstarts!

Edited to add.

Herr May might not have the final say:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/eus-chief-brexit-negotiator-agrees-8796253

Edited by stlucifer

22 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Let's be honest here, the Germans are just pissed off because we beat them to an Exit plan. They might get their towels on the sun beds but we snuck out whilst they were still sleeping B)

Imagine , the Germans, the panic that looms in that country now is unreal. Losing their biggest Euro bail out 'buddy' has brought all their worst fears home. Imagine them try and go tell Greece what to do now. The whole house of cards folding.

Time for a complete Euro recalibration. Too many vested interests with too much to lose.

Simple.

How did the UK ever look like a bail out partner

We never contributed to previous euro zone bail outs

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Ahhhh. The truth. It'll never catch on you know!

To reiterate.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/eus-chief-brexit-negotiator-agrees-8796253

Edited by stlucifer

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Ahhhh. The truth. It'll never catch on you know!

To reiterate.

I admire your tenacity, but....

The 'truth' AND The Daily Record in the one sentence - from a month ago?  :rolleyes:  FFS.

I find it difficult to understand why Scots would wish to chose a new, foreign master (cos that is what would be happening...) just cos you didn't like the current (alleged) masters.

Is this some doomed attempt (I can see no other rationality behind it) to Take Us To The Next Level?

Independence... aye.  A fresh, new subservience... WTF?

I would not wish what has happened to Greece to be inflicted upon Scotland. The EU has not shown itself to be a club I would wish to be a member of..

On 07 October 2016 at 8:24 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

All the more reason not to be in the EU isn't it? Imagine if Germany needs a bail out. Thank f**k we're no part of that f**k fest.

China enjoyed a boom time in 2008 when the global market was supposidly crashing. It dis so because their banks were reasonably well financed. The UK has done a great deal to ensure our banks have been recapitalised and now we're not part of the EU. I suspect the UK would be absolutely fine in the event of a Deutche Bank collapse.

A new low point surely - we are in the EU and if Germany needed bailling out (I don't think they will) before we actually (if ever) leave we will be part of that bail out for better or for worse !  You know things are getting awkward for the Brexit deal when you see the bastion of the leavers, the Daily Express starting to publish panic stations front pages like todays !  The bluster has to stop and the details and negotiations need to start.  We are in at the moment and going by all the talk this is going to take years to get us out.

I admire your tenacity, but....

The 'truth' AND The Daily Record in the one sentence - from a month ago?  :rolleyes:  FFS.

I find it difficult to understand why Scots would wish to chose a new, foreign master (cos that is what would be happening...) just cos you didn't like the current (alleged) masters.

Is this some doomed attempt (I can see no other rationality behind it) to Take Us To The Next Level?

Independence... aye.  A fresh, new subservience... WTF?

I would not wish what has happened to Greece to be inflicted upon Scotland. The EU has not shown itself to be a club I would wish to be a member of..

A foreign "master" responsible for a small proportion of our laws or a foreign master responsible for a huge proportion of them is the real question. It's the difference between paying a membership fee and getting a say on how the "club" is run, and handing over all your earnings and getting pocket money back. Personally, I'd be happy to pay the fee until it's demonstrated that it's not in our best interests anymore.

Seriously ?

We are in a club that's beset with a debt crisis. Has been for best part of ten years now. How are we not involved in any bail out if we are a key member.

Of course we are assisting in bailing out whether directly or indirectly. To increase our contributions , call it economic support, non scheduled payments, whatever, it's ending up as debt funding at the end of the day irrespective of where it goes in the European zone initially. Call it IMF funding, call it unscheduled money to the Eurozone, doesn't matter, It's all going into the same pot, a big pot with a big hole in the arse.

Of course we assist in bail out whether directly or indirectly, to think not is just deluded.

How would a club not suffer by losing one of its biggest supporting members.

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

A foreign "master" responsible for a small proportion of our laws or a foreign master responsible for a huge proportion of them is the real question.

Sorry, salmonbuddie.

That's just inaccurate.

Or written... strangely...  :unsure:

I do take it that you're suggesting the EU would be responsible for a small proportion of our laws? That's not currently the case.

Also... joining the EU would be NOTHING like joining a cub that you can just jettison when you get nippy about it.  Hence, my reference to Greece.

Greeks lived and feasted briefly high-on-the-hog, and are now paying in penury.... aware that to quit the EU/club now would be even worse.

1 hour ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Seriously ?

We are in a club that's beset with a debt crisis. Has been for best part of ten years now. How are we not involved in any bail out if we are a key member.

Of course we are assisting in bailing out whether directly or indirectly. To increase our contributions , call it economic support, non scheduled payments, whatever, it's ending up as debt funding at the end of the day irrespective of where it goes in the European zone initially. Call it IMF funding, call it unscheduled money to the Eurozone, doesn't matter, It's all going into the same pot, a big pot with a big hole in the arse.

Of course we assist in bail out whether directly or indirectly, to think not is just deluded.

How would a club not suffer by losing one of its biggest supporting members.

Well, if it's IMF money then we pay whether we are in or out of europe

Sorry, naw 

Well, if it's IMF money then we pay whether we are in or out of europe

Sorry, naw 

Aye.

If you are in the club, any club any town anywhere, well you share the boom times and the bad times.

That's only right , irrespective of spin and whatiffery.

Denial and obfuscation only serves to undermine.

What you are saying then is that any financial crisis in the Eurozone( I prefer clusterf**k of a Superstate )doesn't involve or impact the Uk. Of course we contribute, bail out, donate, offer up. Of course our money will be missed by [emoji629]

That's just nil pwa for you.

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

A new low point surely - we are in the EU and if Germany needed bailling out (I don't think they will) before we actually (if ever) leave we will be part of that bail out for better or for worse !  You know things are getting awkward for the Brexit deal when you see the bastion of the leavers, the Daily Express starting to publish panic stations front pages like todays !  The bluster has to stop and the details and negotiations need to start.  We are in at the moment and going by all the talk this is going to take years to get us out.

The negotiations started ages ago. 

47 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Aye.

If you are in the club, any club any town anywhere, well you share the boom times and the bad times.

That's only right , irrespective of spin and whatiffery.

Denial and obfuscation only serves to undermine.

What you are saying then is that any financial crisis in the Eurozone( I prefer clusterf**k of a Superstate )doesn't involve or impact the Uk. Of course we contribute, bail out, donate, offer up. Of course our money will be missed by emoji629.png

That's just nil pwa for you.

Denial and obfuscation?  perish the thought that anyone on this forum would indulge in that.

l