Jump to content

Ukraine v Scotland Nations League 27/9/22


shull
 Share

Recommended Posts


7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2-0 final score, easy victory. 

Highlights for me were the number of chances we created, a couple of excellent saves by their keeper and Ross Stewart getting his first cap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought McGinn looked far better tonight, and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. 

If only Scotland had a top class striker as they do create a lot of chances now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, munoz said:

Thought McGinn looked far better tonight, and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. 

If only Scotland had a top class striker as they do create a lot of chances now. 

McGinn, like most of team, was better but still disappointing in my opinion. 

We, like most average teams, could do with a natural finisher, Adams looked off the boil tonight.

As well as we played they were honking, we almost always take an extra touch which loses us momentum and better chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • shull changed the title to Eire v Scotland Nations League 11/6/22
McGinn, like most of team, was better but still disappointing in my opinion. 
We, like most average teams, could do with a natural finisher, Adams looked off the boil tonight.
As well as we played they were honking, we almost always take an extra touch which loses us momentum and better chances.

Adams seems to have a fear of shooting, over plays it and by that point the chances are gone

I quite liked Anya on the wing ( usually last half hour , good pace/drive) we need to find one or two who can take chances

Time for new blood up front, perhaps take a chance on younger guys U21?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott-Leeds said:


Adams seems to have a fear of shooting, over plays it and by that point the chances are gone

I quite liked Anya on the wing ( usually last half hour , good pace/drive) we need to find one or two who can take chances

Time for new blood up front, perhaps take a chance on younger guys U21?

Ross Stewart?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Win 2-1 and this will be Kenny's last game as Eire boss.

I am not sure of the latter but would certainly take the former if offered now. Looking at the comments, folks are suggesting a close game played in a “robust” manner with no quarter given. Mad , I may well be, but I am looking forward to it. COS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Eh?

They've only lost three from the last 12 games? 

Maybe because of this

In competitive matches, he has won none of eight at home (only two goals scored) and just two of 11 when friendlies are included. In the last seven years, the only teams the Republic have beaten at home in tournament matches are Georgia, Moldova and Gibraltar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Maybe because of this

In competitive matches, he has won none of eight at home (only two goals scored) and just two of 11 when friendlies are included. In the last seven years, the only teams the Republic have beaten at home in tournament matches are Georgia, Moldova and Gibraltar.

You make a compelling case. This will be a very hard fought game, one would think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Changed days when we've pundits speaking of us having 9 points from the first three games.

Who cares about all that tempting fate shite, we're a decent team, 9 wins from the last ten backs that up.

Get right into them. 

Fecks sake, one of the Irish rugby team is playing today, a big wee black fellow, keep an eye on him, he'll be picking up the ball whenever he gets a chance. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • shull changed the title to Ukraine v Scotland Nations League 27/9/22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...