The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you go against everything you have said regarding "if the majority votes for it, thats it"?

you dont half look a tit mate. You should be on the Smisa committee.

You twisting words doesn’t change facts, we’ve covered this. 

Do I think there should be a democratic process for deciding how the money is spent? Yes 

do I think it should be completely rigid with absolutely no room for compromise or change in light of the issues being voted on? No 

you’ve proven that for you process and governance is more important than the community. Again, no point pretending you care about the most vulnerable in our community. Mask has slipped. 

11 hours ago, shull said:

No you certainly don't. 

That's the problem.

BTB 

Problem for you is you don’t agree other people can have an opinion to the point it made you cancel your membership.

people are okay to have different views on how money is spent. It doesn’t mean you’re right and they’re wrong. As you’ve already said the value of money is tiny. Why not spend it on improvements and savings now? Who’s to say the club aren’t saving more substantial money for rainy days. 

10 hours ago, guinness said:

Cannot believe folk still bother voting in these things. If the fans ever take over they will be skint in months but will have lots of shiny new things.

Need to remember the value of money we’re dealing with is a tiny fraction of what st Mirren make. This was always promoted as an extra bonus. Not one of these votes has ever been sunk or swim 

8 hours ago, The Feegie Saint said:

Goalposts for a professional Football Club, What the f'ck is happening with my £ 12 a month, Not been on for a wee while Who the F'ck is Bazil85 another ace arse licker and personal friend of  SMMA or the Webmasters poodle  ?  Good to be  back.

12347670_1024841340939751_9183862081537668833_n.jpg

Democracy. Sit down :thumbs2

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You twisting words doesn’t change facts, we’ve covered this. 

Do I think there should be a democratic process for deciding how the money is spent? Yes 

do I think it should be completely rigid with absolutely no room for compromise or change in light of the issues being voted on? No 

you’ve proven that for you process and governance is more important than the community. Again, no point pretending you care about the most vulnerable in our community. Mask has slipped. 

So yet again you contradict the very issue you have banged on about for months. That being the results of a democratic vote should stand!

except in you're and smisa's books it doesnt, infact you are both all for issuing vote after vote to try and hide you're embarrassment that yet again a very worthy community option was voted down in favour of paying for yet another set of goalposts.

Smisa have created this unholy mess by their continued deference to smfc, instead of being the 'Independent' organisation their constitution and legal framework dictate. Smisa are responsible for the very worthy Christmas dinner project NOT being funded by continually being complicit in putting forward a list of club bills, dressed up as community projects, then crying their eyes out when they realise how bad it makes them look, and suddenly finding £500 in loose change down the back of the sofa to try and cover their deserved shame.

from lending the club £15k without asking its members, to going back on the foundation pledge to 'ringfence' funds for the majority shareholding purchase, to being the club's 'Bank of Smisa' for paying any old bill, to trying to get a hold of members money, for the club to replace hand dryers....

still we shouldnt be surprised with their obvious display of embarrassment at the shame they have brought apon themselves, they never stop moving the goalposts!

Who’s to say the club aren’t saving more substantial money for rainy days. 

Discussed this to death, the club is awash with money right now in comparison to quite recent times.
I'd go as far as to say 'possibly never had it so good financially'

It will soon be The Club AGM and the finances of the club will be presented to the shareholders.

Obviously, the accounts will not show income/expenditure for the financial year we are in now but from what I recall, there's only been the astro replacement, a £75K transfer fee paid and Mr Stubbs' (& assistants) payoffs that could be considered substantial spends since April.

If, as you suggest could be happening Basil,
the club would be taking advantage of SMISA by continually asking for the quarterly pot to fund anything, if it has the finances to fund the items itself.

There appears to be a slight shift in thought about the £2 pot.
If that shift continues, it would be amiss of SMISA to ignore a turning tide.

With just under 8 years until this projects end/next phase, there's time for that shift to become considerable.

Bazil, I'll buy you a beer after the SMISA AGM if you make it. [emoji2]

4 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Discussed this to death, the club is awash with money right now in comparison to quite recent times.
I'd go as far as to say 'possibly never had it so good financially'

It will soon be The Club AGM and the finances of the club will be presented to the shareholders.

Obviously, the accounts will not show income/expenditure for the financial year we are in now but from what I recall, there's only been the astro replacement, a £75K transfer fee paid and Mr Stubbs' (& assistants) payoffs that could be considered substantial spends since April.

If, as you suggest could be happening Basil,
the club would be taking advantage of SMISA by continually asking for the quarterly pot to fund anything, if it has the finances to fund the items itself.

There appears to be a slight shift in thought about the £2 pot.
If that shift continues, it would be amiss of SMISA to ignore a turning tide.

With just under 8 years until this projects end/next phase, there's time for that shift to become considerable.

Bazil, I'll buy you a beer after the SMISA AGM if you make it. emoji2.png

Think you're money will be safe!

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Think you're money will be safe!

I hope not.

The fella is clearly passionate about spending money on St Mirren, his opinion differs from mine on how it gets spent and what it gets spent on.

Right now, the majority are going with club centric options. That's how it works but we are seeing a shift in the tide of opinions for saving the money. If that shift becomes a swell (I can but hope) then it will make things interesting.

one thing we all agree on is the money being spent for the betterment of St Mirren FC. It's just what and when that we differ on opinion.

Just in case there is any doubt, my preferred option is to save the £2 pots until SMISA are the owners of St Mirren FC as it will allow them to hit the ground running on their watch with a decent pot of money to invest in what's needed at the time. However, if a community initiative presents itself and is suitable for SMISA investment between now and then, SMISA could vote to support if it wished.