When will the Bubble Be Burst

DougJamie

1 hour ago, pod said:

Why, don't you think they're making a lot of money out of this.

I Am sure they are but wait till they stop making a lot of money they will be like every other company it will start with getting rid of staff then next will be cutting back on how much they give the EPL it might take years but it will happen then you will see clubs shitting themselves. 

43 minutes ago, elvis said:

I Am sure they are but wait till they stop making a lot of money they will be like every other company it will start with getting rid of staff then next will be cutting back on how much they give the EPL it might take years but it will happen then you will see clubs shitting themselves. 

It is well known that Sky overbid for the Premiership this time , to keep BT out. As far as staff losses go , Sky have been trimming the payroll since 2014 . I imagine as more and more people watch it without paying , then that will seriously affect them. .

54 minutes ago, elvis said:

One can't live without the other. It's a question of who first.

4 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Can't wait for the day the bubble burts and it will !

Sky have killed football as a sport.

The days of Brian Clough at Forrest and Bobby Robson at Ipswich, Norwich in Europe and 2nd in the EPL, QPR under Gerry Francis competing for the title. All gone !

Top 6-8 team now in EPL and only 2-3 really capable of winning title. 

Sky football in the main has now become boring and fans are switching off. 

Big drop in numbers last season viewing Sky.

Disagree. Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man United and Spurs - six teams who could all realistically win the title. When these 'big 6' go to places like Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Newcastle... it'll be tough. It'll be a contest.

That's why I like the EPL. Yeah, it's obscene, yeah, Sky are cnuts. Life's a bitch.

Guest TPAFKATS
Can't wait for the day the bubble burts and it will !
Sky have killed football as a sport.
The days of Brian Clough at Forrest and Bobby Robson at Ipswich, Norwich in Europe and 2nd in the EPL, QPR under Gerry Francis competing for the title. All gone !
Top 6-8 team now in EPL and only 2-3 really capable of winning title. 
Sky football in the main has now become boring and fans are switching off. 
Big drop in numbers last season viewing Sky.

I would have agreed with you re Ipswich, Forest etc if it wasn't only the season before last that Leicester won the league.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I would have agreed with you re Ipswich, Forest etc if it wasn't only the season before last that Leicester won the league.

The Leicester senario , ie a team at the bottom of the league narrowly avoiding relegation and then  ropping the league the next season , is less likely to happen in Scotland. .

12 hours ago, pod said:

Why, don't you think they're making a lot of money out of this.

If I am reading their 2016 company accounts properly, Sky have funded all of this dominance using long term debt.

The company owes over £8 bn in long term loans.

They appear to be making a post-tax profit of just £600 to £800m per year from turnover of around £12bn (but their operating costs are around £11bn).

The slightest problem could cause massive problems for them.

That does not look like a healthy company to me but perhaps someone with a proper financial background can confirm.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If I am reading their 2016 company accounts properly, Sky have funded all of this dominance using long term debt.

The company owes over £8 bn in long term loans.

They appear to be making a post-tax profit of just £600 to £800m per year from turnover of around £12bn (but their operating costs are around £11bn).

The slightest problem could cause massive problems for them.

That does not look like a healthy company to me but perhaps someone with a proper financial background can confirm.

Do you think anyone is really that interested. 

40 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Is it teetering on the brink ? 

Unfortunately... No.

...but that's not a judgement from 'a proper financial background'.

My undstanding of the FT stats is potentially from 'a proper pure mince perspective'.

36 minutes ago, antrin said:

Unfortunately... No.

...but that's not a judgement from 'a proper financial background'.

My undstanding of the FT stats is potentially from 'a proper pure mince perspective'.

Well good to hear they are safe , they will be able to sell their advert infested , tripe tv for a while yet. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime
Edited by Tom for spelling. .