Culture Club..?

When it looks like the direction, strategy, tactical and operational organisation is as 'out there' as Boy George's former wardrobe choices, why, as fans, three years on from the takeover are we none the wiser on what 'Culture' if any, the club, is trying to forge?

children and families turned out of their seats....

Lies and misinformation spread about W7 fans

Alleged collusion with the police in identifying fans who, had done nothing wrong

Putting forward pathetic requests for Smisa money, just to make sure it only goes to paying bills.

and the current debacle over selling tickets for a football match, yes the very thing thats meant to be business as usual has crippled the club.

the most worrying and outrageous link between all these issues is the club's apparent arrogance towards the support when challenged on any of this, and the blame culture within the club pointing to employees, or outside bodies as the root cause of them not being able to deliver, communicate or manage effectively relatively straightforward actions, tasks and feedback.

we as a support were supposed to be represented by smisa as a 30% shareholding in the club (you do know that actually means smisa members share some of the responsibility for all this, right?) we are as responsible for allowing this lack of direction to pervade!

After three years it appears those at the club are incapable of consulting, involving, setting out and following a stategy all can buy into. We are floundering, whilst the blame is tossed around to the weakest link.

who is going to get a grip? Smisa have checked out of their main responsibility, and see their role as facilitating chucking their members money down a money pit.

Given we have reached the point where the functions of the club have collapsed to such an extent that they dont know if they have sold, or still have a ticket to sell, have over allocated, or double charged, whilst the directors go into hiding....

who is going to step up and actually take the club forward? There doesnt seem to be to many capable individuals stepping up!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

When it looks like the direction, strategy, tactical and operational organisation is as 'out there' as Boy George's former wardrobe choices, why, as fans, three years on from the takeover are we none the wiser on what 'Culture' if any, the club, is trying to forge?

children and families turned out of their seats....

Lies and misinformation spread about W7 fans

Alleged collusion with the police in identifying fans who, had done nothing wrong

Putting forward pathetic requests for Smisa money, just to make sure it only goes to paying bills.

and the current debacle over selling tickets for a football match, yes the very thing thats meant to be business as usual has crippled the club.

the most worrying and outrageous link between all these issues is the club's apparent arrogance towards the support when challenged on any of this, and the blame culture within the club pointing to employees, or outside bodies as the root cause of them not being able to deliver, communicate or manage effectively relatively straightforward actions, tasks and feedback.

we as a support were supposed to be represented by smisa as a 30% shareholding in the club (you do know that actually means smisa members share some of the responsibility for all this, right?) we are as responsible for allowing this lack of direction to pervade!

After three years it appears those at the club are incapable of consulting, involving, setting out and following a stategy all can buy into. We are floundering, whilst the blame is tossed around to the weakest link.

who is going to get a grip? Smisa have checked out of their main responsibility, and see their role as facilitating chucking their members money down a money pit.

Given we have reached the point where the functions of the club have collapsed to such an extent that they dont know if they have sold, or still have a ticket to sell, have over allocated, or double charged, whilst the directors go into hiding....

who is going to step up and actually take the club forward? There doesnt seem to be to many capable individuals stepping up!

Me I will do it a goofy movie yo GIF

41 minutes ago, pod said:

No worry, all these problems will be resolved totally when the fans take over. :unsure:

Dont you get it? The fans are on the board (theoretically) and own 30% of the club NOW! So they are almost one third responsible for this. But seem happy to watch it fall apart and just whine!

Dont you get it? The fans are on the board (theoretically) and own 30% of the club NOW! So they are almost one third responsible for this. But seem happy to watch it fall apart and just whine!

When things are not right - they need to be vocalised and then actioned.

Would you prefer the fans shut up and put up with cr*p ?

What happens when they're 100%.  Dread to think.

I only want to watch my team play football.   Not interested in ownership.

That ship has sailed, unless Smisa find someone who would actually invest in the club and buy Scott out?

We have had worse before. Who could say that we could find better with the interest of our club at heart.  Paisley isn't awash with rich benefactors or philanthropists. 

1 hour ago, pod said:

We have had worse before. Who could say that we could find better with the interest of our club at heart.  Paisley isn't awash with rich benefactors or philanthropists. 

Maybe, but we've also had a board before who we're prepared to invest in the club, and bring other investors in! Three years down the road and the current board have failed to invest, or find investment, and have failed or simply been too lazy to generate ONE single additional revenue stream. 

Without investment our club will go backwards, even Thommo questioned if the BtB deal went through, where would investment come from?

from what I understand Motherwell have investment coming in, Hearts have seen millions invested, but SMFC is being run like a bowling club, not wanting, or indeed able to work with investors.

not a question to you specifically, but how many clubs like ours thrive without any real investment?

they've milked the smisa cow to the point it will not be in a position to take over as early as it could. Hmmm that's convenient..!

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe, but we've also had a board before who we're prepared to invest in the club, and bring other investors in! Three years down the road and the current board have failed to invest, or find investment, and have failed or simply been too lazy to generate ONE single additional revenue stream. 

Interesting times ahead.

Edited by pod

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Without investment our club will go backwards, even Thommo questioned if the BtB deal went through, where would investment come from?

from what I understand Motherwell have investment coming in, Hearts have seen millions invested, but SMFC is being run like a bowling club, not wanting, or indeed able to work with investors.

not a question to you specifically, but how many clubs like ours thrive without any real investment?

they've milked the smisa cow to the point it will not be in a position to take over as early as it could. Hmmm that's convenient..!

Aye they have been twiddling their thumbs all season right?  :fire2

They have been everywhere turning around Stubzo's mess and rebuilding the squad. I think you will find that that was the most significant investment in the absolute priority area this season - are you suggesting that was not correct or that they were lazy doing that?   :pirate

And in the main the BOD don't take money out of the club in wages either... wondering what fan experts we have who will give their all for he-haw except the love of St. Mirren?

If we get it right on the park out likeliest income stream will come from finishing higher up in the League, going on good cup runs and Europe - other than that, player or manager transfers out will be the 2nd best and beyond that it will be much smaller fry income...from hospitality etc...  :magic

40 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Aye they have been twiddling their thumbs all season right?  :fire2

They have been everywhere turning around Stubzo's mess and rebuilding the squad. I think you will find that that was the most significant investment in the absolute priority area this season - are you suggesting that was not correct or that they were lazy doing that?   :pirate

And in the main the BOD don't take money out of the club in wages either... wondering what fan experts we have who will give their all for he-haw except the love of St. Mirren?

If we get it right on the park out likeliest income stream will come from finishing higher up in the League, going on good cup runs and Europe - other than that, player or manager transfers out will be the 2nd best and beyond that it will be much smaller fry income...from hospitality etc...  :magic

It was their mess ,they signed  him and backed  his judgement  with hard cash

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, pod said:

What happens when they're 100%.  Dread to think.

I only want to watch my team play football.   Not interested in ownership.

That ship has sailed, unless Smisa find someone who would actually invest in the club and buy Scott out?

And pray tell good sir; (LPM) exactly how does that gel with 100% fan ownership.  

And whilst I think of it, in your opening post you bemoaned the clubs arrogance in refusing responsibility for most things short of the Holocaust, insisting they blamed staff, outside agencies and anyone but themselves.  Yet if you read the Forum articles; which quite clearly you do it is blatantly apparent that the cock up with ticketing is to do with Interstadia (or whatever the company is called). 

2 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

It was their mess ,they signed  him and backed  his judgement  with hard cash

Yeah they did and many people, fans included expected it to end well - but it did not - they did not sit about and cry about it though, did they? At the end of the day Gordon put his money in for the right reasons, and to be fairt to him, he is a decent business man, who took advice from those footballing experts which he consulted.

If it was so easy from our position - why did McIntyre not manage to finish better than last - but 12 points behind us?

This sounds like a cake and eat it scenario.  OK, so you or at least quite a few people want the 'fans' to be in charge. but on the other hand you want somebody/bodies to invest money into the club without any degree of control on what it gets used for, a tad optimistic I would think.  I f I personally had tyhe money I would most certainly invest in the club but absolutely would need assurances that certain things would or would not occur and fan ownership would be one of the latter.

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Your a bit like Castle Black in Game of Thrones-

You dont need to exist anymore or are you just a nodding dog dog GIF

Don't worry about him or it . . . 

Take my advice on this... When his quotes arrive at your inbox, just ignore them and anything he posts - you will miss absolutely nothing I'd be willing to wager !

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

This sounds like a cake and eat it scenario.  OK, so you or at least quite a few people want the 'fans' to be in charge. but on the other hand you want somebody/bodies to invest money into the club without any degree of control on what it gets used for, a tad optimistic I would think.  I f I personally had tyhe money I would most certainly invest in the club but absolutely would need assurances that certain things would or would not occur and fan ownership would be one of the latter.

IT is another LPM special - not thought through, spouting tripe to hook a few fans for his entertainment - sad man

29 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:
5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

AYE LPM will keep the fans right with all his expertise! 😀

Because you certainly won't...expert on nothing!

Edited 23 minutes ago by gstretchuk

You know what, I respect yourinalienablee right to behave in the manner of an utter arsehole, prat, pillock, dipstick wanke*, etc. etc, but given that your primary focus is on belittling others who tend to have a more positive outlook ..................  all this does is ratify the fact you are one or all of the above.

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Don't worry about him or it . . . 

Take my advice on this... When his quotes arrive at your inbox, just ignore them and anything he posts - you will miss absolutely nothing I'd be willing to wager !

Certainly not worried about twats like him and Wendy, had them on ignore, but its actually quite amusing watching how angry and confused they get. Obviously unloved and bitter,  :D

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Certainly not worried about twats like him and Wendy, had them on ignore, but its actually quite amusing watching how angry and confused they get. Obviously unloved and bitter,  :D 

When the loonies escape or in this case take up aliases, it just spoils the forum - but at least there is enough decent fans to hear from . . 

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

When the loonies escape or in this case take up aliases, it just spoils the forum - but at least there is enough decent fans to hear from . . 

I might well be that I am just cantankerous; but I choose NOT to ignore misinformation, bullsh*t, ignorance and sh*tstirring.  If something or someone needs correcting or challenging; then I will do so, although not always successfully I might add; because I do get things wrong from time to time, but will admit it when I stand corrected (something other people might learn from).  I have had some excellent debates with other members on this forum, I have learned things I was unaware of previously, I have read and pondered on various debates I knew insufficient off to offer an opinion, but nevertheless enjoyed the to-ing and fro-ing and intercession of other forum members in the discussion.  Now should one compare that to the likes of Shull, G stretch, Shetland etc who invariably post a short sentence decrying a generally more convoluted post simply to stir it. I do admit they are entitled to post it, but then again I am also so entitled to belittle it as the crap it is.  😎