munoz

St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic 18/1/20

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Which would say it's more of  a Hibs town than a sevco town.

I was surprised the police allowed so many away fans to congregate in the 1st 2 sections nearest the West Stand.About 2/3s of their support must have been in that area,an accident waiting to happen.It could also explain the damaged seats,maybe they weren't broken out of malice.

Think the Polis just wanted them in and out with as little hassle as possible.Seemingly quite a few lifted after the game altho I havent heard of any trouble involving our Fans.

Well done to their Keeper who had 6 or 7 outstanding saves,a day to remember for him.🤲

There was a point during the game where you could easily hear the seats being wrecked. This was deliberate imo.

19 minutes ago, Yflab said:

There was a point during the game where you could easily hear the seats being wrecked. This was deliberate imo.

Hence, I think, one of the reasons they were held back at full time. 

18 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

He even cannot score in the games warm ups , usually one on target out of six shots every time and the one shot he gets on target is so weak it it is easily saved , check it out at next game.

Having said that he will get 12 goals this season but only have 6 shots on goal!

Was it not Gary Lineker who deliberately tried not to score in the warm up, so that he did not use up his goals, keeping them for the match?

Warm ups are simply that, and players treat them differently as they all have different ideas and aspects that they are focusing on during them. :cheers

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Danny has scored 4 goals in 10 starts this season. Jon has scored 7 in 19. So Jon will have to score against Sevco on Wed to equal Danny's percentage. At the moment Danny has a better scoring record.

Strange how JG then thinks Danny is not 1st choice - and hence the reason he has played almost half the games this season that Obika has played then....

It's clear that Obika is our 1st choice striker and that Morais is 2nd for now. Mullen and Cooke vie for 3rd or 4th and Andreu is 5th - though he is not always played as a Striker.

That might change and it is great that Danny came on and played well. He does sometimes and he does get goals sometimes too - but there are games that he has not been great in either.

I don't think any of our strikers will hit 18 goals this season, but McGrath might just hit nearly half that in half a season - and I would be fine with that . . . :magic

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Was it not Gary Lineker who deliberately tried not to score in the warm up, so that he did not use up his goals, keeping them for the match?

Warm ups are simply that, and players treat them differently as they all have different ideas and aspects that they are focusing on during them. :cheers

:lol:

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

:lol:  to you wee man - this is not tiddly winks or armchair football critic of Smokie town - yeah I bet you played in a couple of games for your primary school at one time :lol:

And could you actually post on topic rather than try to pop at actual St. Mirren supporters . . .   :moony2

We should have won better than we did, but at least we are in the last 16 - WHO do you fancy we get at home next????  🤞

Edited by Sweeper07

As long as he isn't the one making the way for the new striking arrival that apparently Gus and JG alluded to in the 1877 club last night.

Certainly looked up for it, not a lot to lose in the next 2 games, could give us that extra pace we seem to lack. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

:lol:  to you wee man - this is not tiddly winks or armchair football critic of Smokie town - yeah I bet you played in a couple of games for your primary school at one time :lol:

And could you actually post on topic rather than try to pop at actual St. Mirren supporters . . .   :moony2

We should have won better than we did, but at least we are in the last 16 - WHO do you fancy we get at home next????  🤞

Sweep, I hate to break this to you but absolutely nobody on this forum cares who you played football with or for how long. You kicked a plastic ball for a living. Come back when you are actively curing cancer. Neither do we care one jot whether you do or don't have insider knowledge at our club or anywhere else.

All we care about on here are opinions and having a bit of fun.

So drop the bullshit, relax the f**k down and stop behaving like a twat.

Edited by oaksoft

He even cannot score in the games warm ups , usually one on target out of six shots every time and the one shot he gets on target is so weak it it is easily saved , check it out at next game.
Having said that he will get 12 goals this season but only have 6 shots on goal!
Who watches the warm up

OMG. The great insider us wrong. What kind of shoes do you wear
What are you on about?
I take a guess at who we might draw, you suggest that's me trying to be ITK...
Notice you slated our performance yesterday, funny thing is, I dont think that instantly makes you a boo boy... sleep tight.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Gary Lineker was a great striker but was very poor at shooting as he never struck the ball cleanly.

He tended to scuff his shots

Just as well he was good at other aspects of being a great goalscorer

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

0_JS203678293.jpg

A day out they won't forget. Shame about the seats but they brought a very decent number of supporters 

You will probably see most of them again on Wednesday night.

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

0_JS203678293.jpg

A day out they won't forget. Shame about the seats but they brought a very decent number of supporters 

Going by the state of quite a few of them, I'd be surprised if they remembered anything of the game. 

Willie one shoe definitely didn't. 

11 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I wonder whether anyone captured his vault over the advertising hoarding on mobile phone. That was hilarious.

I've just seen a photo of him in mid air but no video.  

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

I wonder whether anyone captured his vault over the advertising hoarding on mobile phone. That was hilarious.

There is a video on twitter. I'm sure someone can post it up