Coronavirus

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Here's a very helpful account of one person's having caught the virus and his process through it, and return to work. 

Not dramatic and his experience will not be the same as everyone else's but it puts it in useful context, I feel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51876080

Good straight forward account, for the majority this would be the case.

On a slightly different direction the care home my dad is in are still operating as normal, slightly surprised as this group would be in the most vulnerable with dreadful consequences if it got a hold. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Good straight forward account, for the majority this would be the case.

On a slightly different direction the care home my dad is in are still operating as normal, slightly surprised as this group would be in the most vulnerable with dreadful consequences if it got a hold. 

Would they recognise you if you went? Paisley is So Far Away. 

16 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I know of one care home in paisley that had stopped family members from visiting.

They've made arrangements with phone calls so those in care still have oral contact with family members.

Several local care homes are in "lock down".

Immediate family visitors only. No children.

Even delivery drivers banned... they have to wait outside and staff go out to get the deliveries.

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Several local care homes are in "lock down".

Immediate family visitors only. No children.

Even delivery drivers banned... they have to wait outside and staff go out to get the deliveries.

It seems the sensible thing to do. A lot of vulnerable people in these. On a slightly different note my wife's immune system is seriously compromised so we will be avoiding places we normally go like cinema's, theatres and restaurants. 

26 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I know of one care home in paisley that had stopped family members from visiting.

They've made arrangements with phone calls so those in care still have oral contact with family members.

As I said, slightly surprised, although this particular home have no one in charge with an ounce of sense.................I'm watching carefully. 

As I type, update from a relative, they heard through a third party no visits unless it's an emergency.

As I said on the first line here, no idea.

I can imagine the scene if I'd turned up today, 2 hour drive, cannie get in..........................:lol:

52 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
Would they recognise you if you went? Paisley is So Far Away. 

Comparing visiting his dad in care with going to a football match. Trolling at a new level.

His posts don't matter to anyone, he's burnt most of his bridges, seen as the stupid old troll he is. :thumbsdown

Had a report from Morrisons, it was, according to a girl on the checkout, as busy as Christmas.

No Ibuprofen, less than normal amount of toilet rolls, and tins going like hot cakes................although plenty of hot cakes.

We're ok, plenty vodka...................lock me down anytime you like cruel world. :lol: 

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

These decisions, are obviously company decisions. However it's more than likely that most reputable care homes will have visit restrictions as of next week.

My wife's company started it last week. Nobody, other than essential staff is allowed to enter their care homes. She's quite happy, as she's to work from home for the foreseeable future, so no travelling across Scotland between care homes. Her company has set up video calls for patients.

You get individuals complaining that the patient's rights are being violated by not being allowed visitors. However, these would be the individuals who would be first to complain if their relatives contracted coronavirus, as a result of visitors still being allowed. 

See  Glasgow City has closed it's facility and all post mortems are suspended as their pathologist now have a variant of the Corona virus and it is being called the Coroner virus . . .   boom boom ! No joke really... in the supermarket people were leaving one aisle when someone else entered the one they were in - and not only when I was the one entering !

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

See  Glasgow City has closed it's facility and all post mortems are suspended as their pathologist now have a variant of the Corona virus and it is being called the Coroner virus . . .   boom boom ! No joke really... in the supermarket people were leaving one aisle when someone else entered the one they were in - and not only when I was the one entering !

Just an everyday day occurrence. 😉