Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

Latest ONS and NRS stats out this week. Only had time for a quick look so far but can see that, across the U.K., weekly mortality levels continue to be lower than the 5 year average

Chart below shows excess mortality in Scotland by setting for last week

As can be seen, deaths in care homes continue to be below the 5 year average. This is due to the high excess mortality earlier this year caused by the SNP throwing thousands of sick and elderly patients out of hospital and denying hospital treatment to care home residents

Desths in hospital continue to be well below the 5 year average. This can be attributed, as mentioned above, to throwing thousands of sick and elderly patients out of hospital and denying treatment to not just care home residents but indeed anyone.

And finally, people continue to die in record numbers at home due to being denied hospital treatment.

How anyone can have supported the SNP’s lethal lockdown policies is beyond me

005FEA4D-DB9A-4B75-BACB-CCDE43CDABF7.jpeg

And now for the reality of big picture figures

- Covid19 had the country (like almost all others) on it's knees, excessive deaths were by far and above down to Covid19, many people were in hospitals with the disease

- This resulted in difficult decisions where it was actually safer for people with certain conditions, illnesses and requiring treatment not to be in hospitals and to be cared for in different ways or for treatments to be postponed. This was far from ideal but it was practically impossible that people wouldn't die during this pandemic. 

- As such naturally more people were going to die in their homes than in hospitals, again there was no practical way everyone could have been saved during this pandemic, lives would be lost. 

- overall though we have brought Covid19 deaths way down and we are not seeing excessive deaths in any other field, every week the success of the SNP is clearer, excessive deaths down at -56 this week (how many weeks in a row have we been in a negative now?) highlight their great handling of this pandemic after a poor start (like almost all other nations) 

- The deaths in care homes is a black spot that will need to be addressed, as it will in other countries. England for example, why is there such a difference in excessive death reasons for two countries right next to each other with so many similarities? Of course it would have many many times worse under Andy's choice where there was absolutely no lock-down whatsoever and these people had nowhere to go except care homes or hospitals that would have had factually far more people with Covid19 in them. We know this is fact as we know more contact = more transmission, it's beyond doubt. 

- Andy ignores any point that combats his view (practically everything) and focuses on isolated figures which as I have done, can easily be refuted. Points like "due to the high excess mortality earlier this year" ignores the overwhelming majority of that excess mortality was Covid19 related. 

Good effort but on reflection will you join me in congratulating the SNP in their success over the last couple of months where not only is Covid19 largely controlled, week on week excessive deaths for many other conditions remains in the negative?

You said many more people would die... -58 will you now admit you are wrong?

Well done SNP 👍

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Scotland is part of the UK, if the virus can circle the globe in a very short period of time, it can get from England to Scotland and spread in a country where "all restrictions" have been lifted. Your ignorance is astounding. 

You will never admit you are wrong on anything will you. 🤣

I was talking about having all restrictions lifted in Scotland.

You dived in yet again without clarifying.

Edited by oaksoft

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You will never admit you are wrong on anything will you. 🤣

I was talking about having all restrictions lifted in Scotland.

You dived in yet again without clarifying.

I will always put my hands up when wrong. I was talking about the UK, did you not get that given the figure I quoted correlated to the UK and how close I've been to this thread? Have I again given you far too much credit in thinking you could have used a bit of common sense?  Maybe you genuinely think a virus that got from Wuhan to Wigan in a few months wouldn't be able to get from Carlisle to Castle Douglas lol. 

I know you were and if "all" the restrictions in Scotland are lifted the virus is practically guaranteed to kick off again. You not being able to see that given how it came to this country the first time is staggering IMO. As little as one case brought in from England or elsewhere and with "all" restrictions lifted, it will spread throughout Scotland again. If you don't understand that, fine. 

Seems like the clarity was there and I am right ^^^

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I will always put my hands up when wrong. I was talking about the UK, did you not get that given the figure I quoted correlated to the UK and how close I've been to this thread? Have I again given you far too much credit in thinking you could have used a bit of common sense?  Maybe you genuinely think a virus that got from Wuhan to Wigan in a few months wouldn't be able to get from Carlisle to Castle Douglas lol. 

I know you were and if "all" the restrictions in Scotland are lifted the virus is practically guaranteed to kick off again. You not being able to see that given how it came to this country the first time is staggering IMO. As little as one case brought in from England or elsewhere and with "all" restrictions lifted, it will spread throughout Scotland again. If you don't understand that, fine. 

Seems like the clarity was there and I am right ^^^

Squirming like the worm you are. 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Squirming like the worm you are. 😂😂😂

Incorrect, the only mistake I made is to give him too much credit that common sense would prevail in figures (that I thought) clearly related to this country.

Silly me, imagine thinking quoting figures for a country we live in would make him think I was quoting figures for a country we live in :whistle

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Says the guy who tried to get pals with as many likes as he can? 

Bazil and Shull, you're two "like" buddies. 😂😂😂

You just don't get hypocrisy, yet you are the king. 🤡

I already awarded this to you 

e1232ee328c88182fb2db529ae9d776c.jpg

Any chance you could post more hilariously insane quackery videos please?
It fair brightens the place up in here. :lol:
We haven't seen videos suggesting Vitamin C and prayer as cures for covid for a while. Something along those lines please. Oh and if the video quality could be similar to those from the 1990s that would be even better. Just remember to sign off your post with "open yer eyes peeepul".

How about this for a bit of hilarity

2 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Naw mate this will not happen if a person is breathing in a correct and natural way ( diaphragmatic breathing = nasal breathing), it insures your respiratory system will work efficiently and your blood gases are in balance to provide the maximum oxygen intake into your blood stream, Wearing facemasks will upset this balance where the person will be more prone to mouth breathing which can cause a sorts of chronic diseases as well as anxiety, and other mental health issues... Are facecoverings any use to prevent the spread of Covid, feck knows... but theyll have a adverse effect on peoples health especially those who are suffering from a number of illnesses atm...

In my experience people in a panic are not thinking about breathing properly. If they are hyperventilating they will blow off CO2 whether they are mouth or nose breathing. Can be easily dealt with by rebreathing into a paper bag, allowing the CO2 level to rise. I have never found that wearing a mask causes me to mouth breathe any more than I normally do.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I will always put my hands up when wrong. 

I'm sorry but :lol:

All it required was for you to say "Ah OK fair enough you were talking about Scotland".

We could then move on.

That's it. It didn't require an essay.

But no. You have to do what you always do on every single thread on every single topic.

Well not with me you don't. We're done here.

f**king hell. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sorry but :lol:

All it required was for you to say "Ah OK fair enough you were talking about Scotland".

We could then move on.

That's it. It didn't require an essay.

But no. You have to do what you always do on every single thread on every single topic.

Well not with me you don't. We're done here.

f**king hell. :lol:

You were talking about lifting restrictions in Scotland, I was talking about how ignorant that is given how many cases we are recording in this COUNTRY.

Given the cases I quoted correlated with the UK and I had just made a point on the growth of the virus in the UK I assumed you'd have the common sense to put two and two together. You didn't, so fair enough, I was wrong that you'd be able to work out that simple premise.

Not for the first time the painstakingly simple has gotten the better of you eh? Spoon feeding you simple, dummed down information does get a bit monotonous but it does seem consistently like what you need. 

Great news - my point still stands, a view that we should remove "all" restrictions is ignorant given the daily new cases discovered in this country (for avoidance of doubt when I say "this country, I mean this country lol)

Just now, bazil85 said:

You were talking about lifting restrictions in Scotland, I was talking about how ignorant that is given how many cases we are recording in this COUNTRY.

Given the cases I quoted correlated with the UK and I had just made a point on the growth of the virus in the UK I assumed you'd have the common sense to put two and two together. You didn't, so fair enough, I was wrong that you'd be able to work out that simple premise.

Not for the first time the painstakingly simple has gotten the better of you eh? Spoon feeding you simple, dummed down information does get a bit monotonous but it does seem consistently like what you need. 

Great news - my point still stands, a view that we should remove "all" restrictions is ignorant given the daily new cases discovered in this country (for avoidance of doubt when I say "this country, I mean this country lol)

What part of "we're done" are you not grasping?

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just in case you decide to stockpile you can get some in London.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35749269

Erm...no. But thanks for the heads-up.

The FSA says it's not illegal to sell cow urine for human consumption.

How the hell can it be legal to sell cow urine for people to drink? :o

Edited by oaksoft

On 7/6/2020 at 9:44 PM, theknickerwetter said:

Narrative ;- A way of presenting or understanding a situation or a series of events that reflects and promotes a point of view or a set of values .

You , have bought into the narrative with your use of the bbc (sic) and the guardian both of which got money from MasturGates and of course , your beloved guradian has now been shown to have links to slavery ( that can't be true can it ? that would make them hypocrits, right ?)

Anyway here's JP , l know you have grown fond of his videos , NSFM

I'm satisfied with my narrative and believe it stands the test against the comedians, fruit-loops and NSFW alt-right snowflake whingers that you identify with. :pepsi

As for what The Guardian was linked to in the past they're against it now, they've moved into the 21st Century - you might want to try it yourself.

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm satisfied with my narrative and believe it stands the test against the comedians, fruit-loops and NSFW alt-right snowflake whingers that you identify with. :pepsi

As for what The Guardian was linked to in the past they're against it now, they've moved into the 21st Century - you might want to try it yourself.

Glad to see you back, I think. 😉

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

He's probably unaware that the internet he is using to spout that nonsense originated from the Department of Defence of the USA.

Maybe they are listening into to his internet traffic now? How could he be sure they aren't?

Edited by oaksoft

On 5/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bud the Baker said:

These'll do for a start...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/19/unions-call-national-recovery-council-rebuild-uk-economy

Maybe you want us to tug our forelocks to the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg whose investment company stated that the current pandemic was a chance to make "super normal returns" or perhaps you admire the brass-necked founder of Matalan who is currently suing his tax consultants after having to pay back £35M with another £84M under review while claiming tax deferrals, business rates exemptions worth £40M and cheap government loans - but hey "we're all in it together". 

Apparently the "super rich" are doing well financially during the current crisis - whodathunkit? :rolleyes:

Family fortunes of wealthy increase as super-rich ride coronavirus storm

Having said that I congratulate the Enlightened Eighty! :thumbs2

More than 80 millionaires including director Richard Curtis and the heir to Disney sign open letter demanding governments tax THEM more to help economic recovery from coronavirus

Message to vegetarian millionaire Paul McCartney - we're all in this together. 

"Let's face it, it is a little bit medieval eating bats."

Suggesting that wet markets were also to blame for past outbreaks including SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome) and avian flu (bird flu), McCartney said: "It wouldn't be so bad if this is the only thing it seems like you can blame on those wet markets.

@Eric Arthur Blair The Fireman project has gotta be one of the worst musical projects Macca has been involved in - worse than The Frog Song & The Girl is Mine (with Michael Jackson) although slightly better than his Rupert the Bear song...:whistle

Edited by Bud the Baker