30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yesterday the number was 363, continuing the downward trend.

The cases, after staying steady, are also going down.

The countries that have relaxed their lockdowns have not seen any dramatic rises, despite the media trying to suggest otherwise. 

There has been some increases, pretty obvious to most, but not in numbers that suggest the cases or fatalities will get back to their peak,

Yes, glad to see its a downward trend

However its still nearly a hundred more that died at Lockerbie , so we need to put this into context

I wonder how many lawsuits await the Government ?

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You seem to think EVERYBODY who is rich doesn't deserve it? 

It's a tough life, I just make it the best I can.

You need to "Let it Go", it's eating you up. 

Tug our forelocks................:lol:

We're done, not getting into a You v Baz type never ending game. :byebye

Oh it ended...

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Oh it ended...

Yup at the end of the January transfer window when I was proved correct on every point, oh and did I mention my POV was endorsed by our Chairman GLS?

Edited by Bud the Baker

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Meanwhile back in ReaLife the Treasury is proposing a two year public sector pay freeze, but hey Thursday night's all right for clapping, get a little clapping in, alright, alright, ooooh, ooooh, ooh, ooh! :whistle

The treasury is "considering" and is far from a done deal. :lol:

Most people would have expected some comeback considering the more than generous furlough terms, amongst other costs this has cost the country.

Usual obscure reference re clapping, too much flour in your system? :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The treasury is "considering" and is far from a done deal. :lol:

Most people would have expected some comeback considering the more than generous furlough terms, amongst other costs this has cost the country.

Usual obscure reference re clapping, too much flour in your system? :rolleyes:

I guess it all depends where you get your news from but mine's says proposing, not that I see and difference in the overall meaning ...

On Wednesday, the Telegraph published details of internal Treasury documents proposing a two-year public sector pay freeze;

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup at the end of the January transfer window when I was proved correct on every point, oh and did I mention my POV was endorsed by our Chairman GLS?

That didn't happen.

Yet again we have made progress as a club on the park (as quoted by the club themselves a few days ago) well done Gus, well done on a successful transfer window and well done to young Cammy who (apparently) despite not being a first team player is in line for several young POTY awards. 

Edited by bazil85

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Feck NOOOOOOOO! 👎

It's okay I won't get involved with a conversation topic that is factually concluded given the completion of the season with me being right. 

Although it's clear you wilfully incite this stuff. 

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Incite it seemingly. 😂😂😂 

PS He searches for Baz, what a pwick. 🤪🤪🤪

You definitely do and it just highlights your obsession. :whistle

Nine references to me since the start of April in conversations I've  not been involved in lol. 

Edited by bazil85

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As I said, what a pwick. 🤡🤡🤡

Careful you'll breach your three post rule and have to go back to just mentioning me on the sly to fill your obsession lol 

On 5/20/2020 at 7:59 AM, faraway saint said:

Aye, yer right enough, in these days with communication like smoke signals, not reliable if it's windy, and carrier pigeon, they're forever getting lost ot eaten, there's no way he can be in touch with all the other people in the government. :lol:

Quite why any head of government feels the need, like wee Nicola, to appear every day when things don;t change is a mystery.

That might have had some merit if it wasn't for the fact one of the cabinet is doing briefings EVERY day. If nothing was changing then why would any minister be updating. Updating being the operative word. A leader should be seen to be leading. I think BoJo is being kept out of the limelight by Cummings as he's a liability in a crisis.

21 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That might have had some merit if it wasn't for the fact one of the cabinet is doing briefings EVERY day. If nothing was changing then why would any minister be updating. Updating being the operative word. A leader should be seen to be leading. I think BoJo is being kept out of the limelight by Cummings as he's a liability in a crisis.

I don't see much that needs any minister to update every day, unless there's a major change.

It's mostly stats and stupid questions from the media. 

A leader should be a lot of things.

Too many to mention but delegation is a key skill.

Pick your team, use your team while the leader does things that require a leader. 

If he's such a liability isn't it strange how he managed to romp the election and has got us out of the European union.

BoJo fancies himself as Napoleon anyway! FB_IMG_1590035933215.jpeg

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I don't see much that needs any minister to update every day, unless there's a major change.

It's mostly stats and stupid questions from the media. 

A leader should be a lot of things.

Too many to mention but delegation is a key skill.

Pick your team, use your team while the leader does things that require a leader. 

If he's such a liability isn't it strange how he managed to romp the election and has got us out of the European union.

In much the same way as Trump. The media didn't scrutinise him. They over scrutinised the opposition leader and Cummings is the master of sloganism. Boris didn't win the election. He was prevented from losing it by making sure he didn't campaign. In fact he did the opposite. He hid when difficult questions were being asked. The slogan "Get Brexit done" went a long way to winning the election because not enough people thought to ask, WTF does that even mean. Oh. And not to be pedantic. The UK is NOT out of the EU yet.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

In much the same way as Trump. The media didn't scrutinise him. They over scrutinised the opposition leader and Cummings is the master of sloganism. Boris didn't win the election. He was prevented from losing it by making sure he didn't campaign. In fact he did the opposite. He hid when difficult questions were being asked. The slogan "Get Brexit done" went a long way to winning the election because not enough people thought to ask, WTF does that even mean. Oh. And not to be pedantic. The UK is NOT out of the EU yet.

Before the election there were plenty saying the Conservatives wouldn't win because of Boris, HE, even if you like it or not, was a major reason they did win. 

Wasn't there a democratic vote on leaving the European union?

Again, like plenty on here, when the result doesn't suit them they call into question the way the vote was presented.

Similar drivel was rolled on after the Scottish referendum. 

As for being pedantic, WGAF.