21 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

If it’s common knowledge then where is the proof? 

Your quote about science is confusing? I have found a “scientific” research paper that highlights my previous point rather well.

D99C992B-9B2A-4B54-A80D-C0E6A155AFFC.jpeg

Looks like fake science to me.

Where is the evidence that a mask has saved 1 life ?

Where is the evidence that anti-social distancing saved a single life ?

Where is the evidence that house arrest of healthy individuals saved one life ?

You are supposed to believe the narrative and obviously you are one of their finest parishoners(N=987). A public person who thinks for themselves and does not follow their narrative is their biggest fear.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/feet-clay-and-clapping-nhs

On 10/4/2020 at 8:26 PM, Hendo said:

I already knew. You claimed it was the Health Secretary, who is Jeane Freeman. It wasn't. It was Catherine Calderwood, the former Chief Medical Officer, who transgressed the rules.

FFS , l named the wrong post , shit the sky is going to fall down .

If you already knew whit were you asking fur

You  are not trying to obscure the point though , are you ?

Which was . ...................................................(just incase you got all caught up in the detail)

She either didn't care about the health and safety of her family or she knew there was no danger !

The specific medical post is .......................................................irrelevant:D

Edited by theknickerwetter

You are supposed to believe the narrative and obviously you are one of their finest parishoners(N=987). A public person who thinks for themselves and does not follow their narrative is their biggest fear.

Want some tin foil, I bought some especially to hand out to poor delusional folk.

@faraway saint

Good graph. but the 7 day moving average would be more relevant cos we established back in May/June the government's stattos don't work at the weekend and that statements based on daily figures are useless. :whistle

Respiratory Consultant Dr Sophie Fletcher says units are better prepared this time around, with treatments developed over the past six months ready for new Covid-19 patients.

"We've now got two treatments that we can offer patients when they arrive with Covid," she says.

"Namely remdesivir and dexamethasone - that we know work in terms of reducing the duration of the illness and in terms of reducing the chances of them requiring intensive care.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-30/nhs-staff-on-a-covid-second-wave-we-are-mentally-prepared

There really is no room for complacency based on deaths not following the same dramatic increase as happened back in April/May.

Edited by Bud the Baker

43 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

@faraway saint

Good graph. but the 7 day moving average would be more relevant cos we established back in May/June the government's stattos don't work at the weekend and that statements based on daily figures are useless. :whistle

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-30/nhs-staff-on-a-covid-second-wave-we-are-mentally-prepared

There really is no room for complacency based on deaths not following the same dramatic increase as happened back in April/May.

Big wow, the numbers are LOW. 

Complacency? 

What do YOU suggest we do? 

Continue to kill business's, lap up people being redundant, and all the grief that could come from that never mind the issues of people not being able to see family? 

Wee Nicky just announced 25 people are in intensive care, 2 deaths I think..................................requiring more fecking measures? 

Remember people criticising Sweden for having very few restrictions, here's the 7 day rolling average, how'd you like them numbers.

image.png.bcb022322a286ea231be018ae3853ab9.png

I have no gripe with people questioning the efficacy of Covid restrictions and whether the balance is proportionate to the damage being done to people's wellbeing through redundancy or the general economic uncertainty. I've pointed out a couple of examples where I think a lack of foresight have made the situation worse. All I'm doing is pointing out is that some of your arguments are weak.

I'm broadly in favour of the current Covid restrictions and as ever my inclination would be to err on the side of caution. 

Moving slightly off-topic the company I work for is probably going to sold to new owners within the next coupla months, it'll be the third time I've been TUPEd since I joined on November 15 2000 - the previous two changes were accompanied by closures so in a few months I may have to change my username, there are precious few secure jobs these days.

Who knows, by this time next year, I might even be as gammon as you! 

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I have no gripe with people questioning the efficacy of Covid restrictions and whether the balance is proportionate to the damage being done to people's wellbeing through redundancy or the general economic uncertainty. I've pointed out a couple of examples where I think a lack of foresight have made the situation worse. All I'm doing is pointing out is that some of your arguments are weak.

I'm broadly in favour of the current Covid restrictions and as ever my inclination would be to err on the side of caution. 

Moving slightly off-topic the company I work for is probably going to sold to new owners within the next coupla months, it'll be the third time I've been TUPEd since I joined on November 15 2000 - the previous two changes were accompanied by closures so in a few months I may have to change my username, there are precious few secure jobs these days.

Who knows, by this time next year, I might even be as gammon as you! 

Whereas your "arguments" are airy fairy with nothing definitive, which gives you a get out of jail free card.

Fingers crossed for the future.  

On 10/5/2020 at 8:22 PM, theknickerwetter said:

About time the adults took back control.....

FD73C36C-77D2-45D5-A5C5-44B9BB283C5E.jpeg

On 10/5/2020 at 12:43 AM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Czechoslovakia going into lockdown again, Paris and Madrid both in lockdown and cases increasing in southern Italy. I can see a short lockdown coming our way soon.  

Czech Republic never had a real first wave, cases were never above 500 until early September. 

Their numbers are strange, bucking the trend, almost reversing most countries who had it bad but are now managing the virus. 

Paris and Madrid is like quoting Leeds and Manchester, choosing a small area to prove a point.

The bigger picture in France is the deaths are still very low, averaging under 70 from a country of 65m, similar to the UK.

Spain is now well past the case numbers they had back in March/April yet still averaging just over 100 deaths.

Italy, well......................cases are roughly half the early months and deaths are so low I won't even mention them. 

The UK like Spain, are now well above the cases per day but the deaths are still averaging just over 50 from numbers over 900. 

A doctor on BBC news, who works in Kilmarnock, talking about hospital admission, actually said "where we are just now is not the height of the pandemic UNFORTUNATELY

He's another of the 2-3 weeks brigade, "in 2-3 weeks we may be at the height of the pandemic".

These clowns should not be allowed to speak in public. :1eye 

He also said "in March/April we were preparing for the Apocalypse" :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

More experts.................and academics..................and the public. 

Herd immunity call backed by British academics

People who are less vulnerable to the effects of Covid-19 should be allowed to return to normal life, a group of British experts has said.

A new declaration, which is earning thousands of signatures from medical professionals, academics and the general public, calls for a herd immunity approach to tackling the Covid-19 pandemic while protecting the most vulnerable populations.

Academics from the universities of Oxford, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Cambridge, Sussex, York, St George’s University of London, Strathclyde, Leicester, Queen Mary University of London and the University of East Anglia are among experts from around the world who have signed the declaration.

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So outside of the 5 named areas, cafes can serve food and tea before 6pm but not after that time.

The baffling logic continues and absolutely nobody is questioning her on this tripe.

On the other hand the Rangers fans at work seem to think she has in in for them so she can't be all bad.

Paris and Madrid is like quoting Leeds and Manchester, choosing a small area to prove a point.

Paris - 2.148m - 45% of entire population of Scotland

Madrid - 6.618m - 120% of entire population of Scotland

Maybe true of Paris but Madrid?

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Paris - 2.148m - 45% of entire population of Scotland

Madrid - 6.618m - 120% of entire population of Scotland

Maybe true of Paris but Madrid?

Relevant to the population of Scotland isn't really important, more relevant to the population of the country?

As I pointed out, which you've omitted, these figures are relevant to their country, not Scotland. 

Ach TBH I don't give a feck, well past being fed up with the situation.