Coronavirus

faraway saint

35 minutes ago, Slarti said:
44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Have I mentioned a chimp? emoji86.png

Is that who Dicko has his tea parties with?

I am disappointed in you Mr S. You are normally capable of a much higher standard or argument. Unlike you to resort to insults

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:
43 minutes ago, Rascal said:
I am disappointed in you Mr S. You are normally capable of a much higher standard or argument. Unlike you to resort to insults

Aye, right ye are, ya dementit auld c**t.

Again. Unlike you

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You're not trying to compare where we are now to two years ago........you are aren't you? 🤡🤡🤡

Are you saying the Scottish government are acting irresponsibly in removing restrictions or are you saying you know better? 😆😆😆

You are a fanny. 😂

As above with a slight change. :lol

Oh dear. Too busy posting to read what is written. Now. In China. The authorities are Very Worried about Covid 19 . What is difficult to understand about that? If they don’t stamp down on it then the rest of the world could soon be back having travel and other restrictions- only they would happen faster than the last time as- I would hope governments know more and are better prepared.

13 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Oh dear. Too busy posting to read what is written. Now. In China. The authorities are Very Worried about Covid 19 . What is difficult to understand about that? If they don’t stamp down on it then the rest of the world could soon be back having travel and other restrictions- only they would happen faster than the last time as- I would hope governments know more and are better prepared.

:lol

Hearing about more people I know catching the illness, some for the second time. Quite a few of them had recently flown on holiday. Classes at the Peak Sports facility are being cancelled due to staff shortages due to Covid. It has not gone away.

Edited by Rascal

Meanwhile the FACTS are showing .................... Cases, steady drop, not sure how low these can go as the visus won't suddenly disappear.

These numbers equate to about 5% of the population, or 95% DON'T have it. 

image.thumb.png.add6ae1d3c699a585c2624d6bce18515.png

Hospitalisations, another steady decline.................

image.thumb.png.619ff10285e0dec3cb1a8696485a6614.png

ICU, erratic but still low numbers.......................................averaging just over 20 in the WHOLE of Scotland.

image.thumb.png.01ced6c2aa5436d188986ef5c8b915a6.png

Deaths, sadly, steady at 20, the majority coming in the older age range.

image.thumb.png.fca6ab19d44163947e2ee5356130b439.png

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol

From Sunday, it's just another virus.

Test and trace, self testing and isolation no longer required 

All reported if you know where to look

Some folk all over social media and only see what they want

Edited by alanb

15 minutes ago, alanb said:

Does the virus know?

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Two sub variants now causing concern in South Africa.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/29/south-africa-fifth-covid-wave-infections-omicron

someone should have informed the virus that it was no longer of any concern.

Very remiss of whoever’s job it is not to have done so. Sack them I say. On a more serious note perhaps, there are none so blind than those who will not see. I’d love it to be over, but it’s not currently less dangerous here perhaps but not dead.

It's not a legal requirement from Sunday.

Instead of self-isolation for ten days from the date symptoms began, people will be advised to stay at home while they are unwell or have a fever.

People will also no longer be advised to take a PCR test.

Some testing will remain available to certain groups and includes: health and social care workers, care home and hospital visitors, hospital patients, unpaid carers and prison inmates.

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

It's not a legal requirement from Sunday.

Instead of self-isolation for ten days from the date symptoms began, people will be advised to stay at home while they are unwell or have a fever.

People will also no longer be advised to take a PCR test.

Some testing will remain available to certain groups and includes: health and social care workers, care home and hospital visitors, hospital patients, unpaid carers and prison inmates.

I'm mixed on this as the majority of people who've had the virus recently, let's say the last 6 months or so, have hardly been up nor down. but have been "forced" to have time off work, quite difficult if you don't have the luxury of getting paid.

It puts covd, as @alanb said, along with other viruses, say the cold or flu. 

It could see an increase in spreading the virus, but, I do agree some testing is still in place for the groups you mention. 

I'm mixed on this as the majority of people who've had the virus recently, let's say the last 6 months or so, have hardly been up nor down. but have been "forced" to have time off work, quite difficult if you don't have the luxury of getting paid.
It puts covd, as [mention=5419]alanb[/mention] said, along with other viruses, say the cold or flu. 
It could see an increase in spreading the virus, but, I do agree some testing is still in place for the groups you mention. 

I'm lucky that I get paid now for being off sick, hopefully those that did have to take the time off fill in the forms correctly to get the grant that was available.

I'd hate to think what I'd have been like if I didn't have the vaccines or if this wasn't as bad a strain as the previous ones, cause I know I've not had flu as bad as I had covid.

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'm lucky that I get paid now for being off sick, hopefully those that did have to take the time off fill in the forms correctly to get the grant that was available.

I'd hate to think what I'd have been like if I didn't have the vaccines or if this wasn't as bad a strain as the previous ones, cause I know I've not had flu as bad as I had covid.

And plenty don't get paid, I'm sure that would influence people views on the prolonged protocols.

Again, personal anecdotes are really nothing more than that, as I could quote more people who had next to no serious symptoms, certainly felt well enough to work. 

Is this the scheme you are talking about.......................or was it still available in Scotland, who decided to continue with the restrictions? 

The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme ended on 24 February 2022. 

Edited by faraway saint