Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Probably most of them are desperate for the meatballs....

No open mate, shame you queued for 4 hours for that set of drawers. :wink:

Hold that result, food markets are open for takeaway.....................see ye there ra morra. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Local McDonald's opened today. Queues round the block. For a burger. f**king. Insane.

Asda packed as well. People in masks but not even feigning an attempt to distance properly.

The lockdown seems to be over in all but name TBH.

It seems the "new normal" is the "old normal" on steroids.

Guest TPAFKATS
Local McDonald's opened today. Queues round the block. For a burger. f**king. Insane.
Asda packed as well. People in masks but not even feigning an attempt to distance properly.
The lockdown seems to be over in all but name TBH.
It seems the "new normal" is the "old normal" on steroids.
To be fair to them, face masks are for when you can't keep 2m apart.

Everyday, as I thought, there's more and more countries opening up for tourism.

If you've booked, or want to book, a holiday late July onward there's more than a good chance it will happen.

Personally I'm not too keen on the additional hassle their could be at airports and sitting in close proximity to other people as soon as that.

I'll probably hold back till September or Nov/Dec for some winter sun. 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

The news from Portugal is promising. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900531

However I expect they would do checks on people coming in at the airport with temperature checks.

You would be shitting yourself if you booked a 14 day holiday and are then told to self isolate for two weeks when the reading comes in high. 

Aye, this 2 week isolating is another nonsense idea.

As you say, could knock a holiday on the head before you go. 

Next to impossible to regulate and impracticable enough to stop people even trying to go away if they need to spend 2 weeks at home when they return.

It'll go in the near future IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I was more worried about being OK at UK exit point, but then fail the check at Portugal and have to self isolate in a hotel room for 2 weeks. 🤪

If you got there you'll be allowed to get on with things.

They might stop you travelling from the UK.

Portugal's foreign minister confirmed talks on the matter were continuing with the UK.

But he insisted that Portugal would not impose any type of quarantine for people arriving in his country.

I see wee Nicola is getting a hard time for the lack of testing in care homes.

I was contacted last week for permission to test my father at a care home in Paisley.

No brainier and I must also add this care home has had no cases, so far.

I would suggest that care homes who have had cases have not followed the strict guidlines, not all down to the government. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Winter sun. Oh dear oh dear. 

You can manage Tenerife but not Paisley for a game. Well, well

Well, he knows if he books during the football season, that you'll not be in Tenerife stalking him and his family to feck.

Ye auld decrepit troll

This 2 week quarantine issue was just shown up for the charade it is by BBC breakfast.

The reporter murdered the NIreland secretary of state LIVE on TV.

Amongst quite a few points he put to him was that a tourist could come into the country and have a 2 week break, albeit under "quarantine", in the Lake District when people from the UK couldn't. These tourists will be allowed to use public transport, go shopping etc that the general public can but the UK public are not allowed to have a 2 week break in their own country. 

He also pointed out the affect of people coming in from other countries, with rates so low they are negligible, that there would be next to no affect on our current numbers.

I've said a few times, this is another part of the game played by governments, useless and costing jobs.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

One of the recognised effects of coronavirus is that sufferers have a tendency to start multiple threads on the same topic. Isolate. Isolate. Isolate. 

If it were to make someone continuously start nonsensical  threads then my guess is coronavirus actually started in Scotland almost four years ago.

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If it were to make someone continuously start nonsensical  threads then my guess is coronavirus actually started in Scotland almost four years ago.

It started about the same time the wank tank was opened...