Sign in to follow this  
shull

Black Lives Matter

Unfortunately not true. Try to get your facts right. I said that I didn't know if the name was considered offensive and didn't know the background. Native Americans were treated very badly by early settlers including the Brits and French amongst others. More were killed by imported diseases than by armed action. The native American voice has been growing in strength in recent years. They are big landowners and have often used this to advantage in setting liberal gambling laws (A bit like the way a local tribal chief in South Africa enabled the establishment of Sun City as a gambling destination when this was banned in the rest of the  country.) A decent article on how the native population feel is in this article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30314290

But read black. Brown, red. Aboriginal, Mauri or any other variation. Us white chaps have not treated indigenous populations very well. Nor have we done a great job of welcoming incomers here. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wasting your time. 🙄

He's no idea and has Shull backing him up, pretty much sums it up. 🤡🤡

I'm out of this shitfest of a thread. 👋

Bye bye Wee Boaby. Too much for you? Little grasp of the wider issues involved? Not populist enough for you? No need to reply. I know the answers to these. I wouldn't patronise the Native Americans by jumping to popular sentiment just to gain a sound bite moment on a football forum. These things are seldom as clear cut as they appear. 

Would I like it if Sr Mirren were called that Irish Club from Paisley?. 

Racism, Sectarianism all stem from the same roots and I don't favour either approach. 

No, you wrote it through ignorance. Even after it was explained to you by StanleySaint.

Unfortunately not true. Try to get your facts right. I said that I didn't know if the name was considered offensive and didn't know the background.

But read black. Brown, red. Aboriginal, Mauri or any other variation. Us white chaps have not treated indigenous populations very well. Nor have we done a great job of welcoming incomers here. 

There you go again, categorising folk by the colour of their skin.

Ignorance is not a defence, especially after its been explained to you previously.

There's something fascinating about watching this generation of doddery old f**kers trying to get their shrivelled brains around topics like racism.

For want of 5 minutes of research on the history of that particular team too.

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There you go again, categorising folk by the colour of their skin.

Ignorance is not a defence, especially after its been explained to you previously.

Are you able to read? 

I have severe doubts on that score. 

Have you ever completed a government questionnaire here? 

Our country categorises people by ethnicity and often by religion. 

If you have travelled and worked abroad then you will know that this is much more common than you imagine. 

Traditionally groups who felt discriminated against look for positive discrimination policies to "right" old wrongs. To do this they demand recognition be that Black Economic Empowerment in South Africa, Native Americans in the USA or The Windrush generation here. 

Go back a little further here and you had no blacks, no Irish signs. Jobs were closed to the incoming Catholic Irish population and educational barriers put in place. Due to the law of unintended consequences this led to Catholic Schools. Be careful what you wish for. PS. I don't have a racist or sectarian bone in my body. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There's something fascinating about watching this generation of doddery old f**kers trying to get their shrivelled brains around topics like racism.

Showing your inadequacy again Troosers. Are you able to apply any degree of constructive thought to this. I have spent many years working to advance the progress of people on merit, free from nepotism, colour, creed, caste or other impediment. Have you? 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The irony is great in this one, it seems.

A doddery scientist who cannot see the equally ageist sin in hurling general abuse at people who, he assumes, happen to have been born before he was.

Fascinating.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Wasting your time. 🙄

He's no idea and has Shull backing him up, pretty much sums it up. 🤡🤡

I'm out of this shitfest of a thread. 👋

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe not but you are incredibly stupid. 😂😂😂

Another lie.

There’s a surprise!  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, antrin said:

The irony is great in this one, it seems.

A doddery scientist who cannot see the equally ageist sin in hurling general abuse at people who, he assumes, happen to have been born before he was.

Fascinating.

Well at least you understand what irony is.

At your age, small wins matter I suppose. :lol:

Well done on getting your bony, spindly, arthritic fingers to batter out a coherent sentence or two.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well at least you understand what irony is.

At your age, small wins matter I suppose. :lol:

Well done on getting your bony, spindly, arthritic fingers to batter out a coherent sentence or two.

There you go again. Easily, too easily stirred, resort to personal insult rather than argument. Coherent? No. Cogent? No. Temper tantrum? Yes. I'm more convinced than ever. Have you been diagnosed. By the way, on a slight tangent, how do you feel about nepotism?