Jump to content

Come on Rangers


DougJamie
 Share

Recommended Posts






Looks like I was right. 



I'm out, I've no appetite for your never ending round of posts, slavering over your interpretation of a word that only makes sense to you.




Looks like you were wrong.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye????? 🤪

Not going over the same old shite again.

People can regurgitate it as much as they like, I've no interest. 😴

You're so indifferent to it all that you compose a reply...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

You're so indifferent to it all that you compose a reply...?

You aimed a post at me directly, I felt it was my right to reply.

Anyhow, you're the guy who spends time on a vile Rangers site, maybe you should seek help with your obsession? 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You aimed a post at me directly, I felt it was my right to reply.

Anyhow, you're the guy who spends time on a vile Rangers site, maybe you should seek help with your obsession? 🤣

Oooh! You're always spoiling for a fight. :P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, W6er said:

620695703_Screenshot2022-06-0721_13_30.thumb.png.22fee168475ab5bdb6c6292473ef9d81.png

 

It appears UEFA see Rangers as the same club. @faraway saint what's confusing about that?

Same club in spirit I’m sure, UEFA, FIFA, SPFL, SFA can have any opinion they like. They can’t change the factual nature of what happened in 2012 though.

A new club was voted into the league structure. The Scottish member clubs voted democratically to allow a new club to join & that is key in this. 
 

They aren’t special, they don’t get to continue where other clubs did not. Governing bodies opinions on the matter is irrelevant to fact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Same club in spirit I’m sure, UEFA, FIFA, SPFL, SFA can have any opinion they like. They can’t change the factual nature of what happened in 2012 though.

A new club was voted into the league structure. The Scottish member clubs voted democratically to allow a new club to join & that is key in this. 
 

They aren’t special, they don’t get to continue where other clubs did not. Governing bodies opinions on the matter is irrelevant to fact. 

I don’t have a hang up about the facts of the matter. They are what they are and pretty obvious to anyone who wants to look objectively as to new club v old club.
 

What I found astonishing was the lack of action on trophies won during the time that payments were being made that were treated as non repayable loans for tax purposes. This clearly attracted top quality players and sporting advantage achieved which led directly to trophies won.
 

Yet, according to one judge / sheriff, who agreed that the payments were illegal, no sporting advantage had been obtained. Really? Nonsense. 

Other clubs, including ours, were disadvantaged. Cups could have been won and prize money increased.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Same club in spirit I’m sure, UEFA, FIFA, SPFL, SFA can have any opinion they like. They can’t change the factual nature of what happened in 2012 though.

A new club was voted into the league structure. The Scottish member clubs voted democratically to allow a new club to join & that is key in this. 
 

They aren’t special, they don’t get to continue where other clubs did not. Governing bodies opinions on the matter is irrelevant to fact. 

Anybody can have an opinion. It doesn't mean that it's correct. You could claim the earth is flat or the moon is made of cheese. Our opinions as individuals do not count for much, but UEFA's opinion does matter, as they're the governing body for football in Europe.

 

1122852330_Rangers.thumb.jpg.d2fd8179c0953b01a2e00b039a7ce3d6.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Opinions are personal and infinitely flexible.  Money-making enterprises of all sorts make outlandish claims about their products: fantasy, deception, lies….  
If it seduces the simple/gullible into parting with money, the marketing will say that black is white.

 

Facts are chiels that winnae ding.

 

Rangers died 10 years ago.   Reality.   FACT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Anybody can have an opinion. It doesn't mean that it's correct. You could claim the earth is flat or the moon is made of cheese. Our opinions as individuals do not count for much, but UEFA's opinion does matter, as they're the governing body for football in Europe.

 

1122852330_Rangers.thumb.jpg.d2fd8179c0953b01a2e00b039a7ce3d6.jpg

It isn’t opinion that the process for allowing a new club to join the league was followed. The below are statements of fact 

- teams finishing 2nd in Scotlands top flight, don’t need to apply for membership the following season 

- the governing bodies had no power to keep a liquidated member in the league, a new member would have to vote to join as we are members led 

- the professional league being members led & members overwhelmingly voted (10 to 1 with 1 abstaining in the premier) that new members start at the bottom. This was also the view of the other 30 member clubs who voted democratically. 
- the 1 vote for, was old Rangers who at the time were still a member. They voted on the new entity taking their place which shows a clear break in history. They couldn’t vote on themselves due to conflict of interest rules. 
- the premise already exists in other clubs that have been liquidated  Gretna 2008 for example is not a continuation in anything other than spiritual successor 

- UEFA don’t have the capability to undo any of the above regarding history & can only give their opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It isn’t opinion that the process for allowing a new club to join the league was followed. The below are statements of fact 

- teams finishing 2nd in Scotlands top flight, don’t need to apply for membership the following season . 

Nor do they need to play in preliminary rounds of the Scottish Cup

Nor do they need dispensation from SFA to permit “their players” to play in a friendly.  Sevco wasn’t allowed to use Rangers-registered players to turn out against Le Havre nor against Kelty Hearts, (aborted commitments that Rangers had made).

sevco had been invented but was not yet a football club. Rangers was no more.

Sevco had to do its next magic act of renaming as 2 entities: Rangers International Football Club (a holding company, for…) The Rangers.

 

And then it had to be privilegedly/sleekitly catapulted - high over the existing rules and conditions - directly into Division 4.

 

None of this is my opinion.  Simply facts, dear boy…. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...