Explosive Smisa application

9 hours ago, gomaster said:

There would be a data protection breach if it is classed as 2 separate parties/organisations. You cannot share details between one party and the other without the express consent of the individual who's details you hold and plan to share. This type of question was asked at last Smisa q&a regarding promoting Smisa membership through existing details held by club and gdpr laws were quoted for that as consent of those who's details the club hold would be required before they could pass to Smisa. Basically similar scenario. Also remember there are only circa 240 1877 members but circa 2,000 season ticket holders before you add in non st holders who may be a member and buy tickets as and when they choose.

I‘m going to assume that you don’t work with GDPR. 

There are a huge number of reasons why it’s appropriate for one organisation to share personal data with another and very few of them require express consent.  Did you give express consent for the club to hold your name on Microsoft servers when they are emailed, or sent to our payment partner for processing etc etc. 

The club isn’t (or shouldn’t) be relying on consent to hold that information, and as such they can probably share it with third parties deemed to be in the legitimate interests of the data subject - assuming they’ve said as much in a privacy notice. What they generally can’t do is pass it on or directly sell it for marketing purposes/a profit. 

The only area they will/should be using consent for is contact preferences & future marketing communication's. 

Given that Smisa would have been asking for those details in order to promote membership, it probably would have required consent. This 1877 situation feels like a very different set of circumstances, and the person requesting the details was a member anyway. 

13 hours ago, billyg said:

I suspect he resigned in order to join up with his mates and make an assault on Kibble from the outside , it makes perfect sense !

That makes no sense at all. He leaves the inner sanctum of the board to join up with his mates to throw stones at the board to try and get back into the inner sanctum of the board. All seems a bit convoluted to me. Why not just stay then leak the troubles to his mates like others do.

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Exactly this. 

That statement from Wardrop is utterly pathetic & very petty. As well as the independent supporters club nonsense.

Asking fans to individually email to send over their personal details. Asking them to moan to the chairman on his behalf. Looking for a pat on the back for things he’s chosen to pay for. 🤦‍♂️ 

Telling he sent that rubbish after the SMISA vote closes. Has he not tried to do enough damage to our preparation for one of the biggest run of league fixtures in years? 

Your Kibble mask is slipping more every day. Now going for the full on personal assault on AW. Strange how you have not been subjective and critical of any other board members on the handling of this. 

Your last sentence WTF. Yes Flynn pushed the Hearts player on Saturday as he looked across at the land the Kibble wanted to build on and went this whole episode is getting to me. The players don’t care what’s going on in the board room.

10 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Our best finish in the top league for years and there's internal fighting between different organisations and boards who all claim to have the best interests of St. Mirren Football Club at heart.

It's tedious and embarrassing.  The Manager shouldn't be talking about and answering questions about all of this in the buildup to matchday.

Get the folk involved into the Stadium for a cup of tea and biscuits (can we afford biscuits nowadays) and get their heads knocked together, kiss and make up and handshakes all round.

The manager shouldn't have been LEFT to answer those questions.  The chairman should have read a prepared statement bef ore the conference and made it clear the manager would only be dealing with the match and he should have presided over the meeting to ensure the manager didn't even have to rebuff any questions of that nature.

I hope the club, Kibble and Smisa get working on their internal communications over the summer. It would be nice to go through a season without some internal shit show for a change. Time to get around the table for however long it takes to sort out any outstanding issues to ensure all are signing by the same hymn sheet next season. 

Remember the awards for the best financially run club in 2020 and in the top 10 for 2021. 🤣

Just now, Brilliant Disguise said:

The players don’t care what’s going on in the board room.

The only thing the players and management staff should be interested in is winning football matches. They are professionals who will be on win bonuses and financial incentives to finish as high up in the league as possible. Sadly some might already have new clubs lined up and don’t care as much as others.
They certainly don’t give a flying fcuk about any Kibble well being centres or who the fcuk runs the 1877 private members club. Our team has run out of steam. They have taken 1 point out of last 12 available at precisely the wrong time of season. To blame any of that on this off field shitshow is fcuking ludicrous. 

Just now, truesaint said:

I hope the club, Kibble and Smisa get working on their internal communications over the summer. It would be nice to go through a season without some internal shit show for a change. Time to get around the table for however long it takes to sort out any outstanding issues to ensure all are signing by the same hymn sheet next season. 

Remember the awards for the best financially run club in 2020 and in the top 10 for 2021. 🤣

I believe the club now use Kibble PR agency/services as part of the “partnership”. That’s why the club statements are different to years gone by. As an example the last statement was cleverly worded to not mention the “St Mirren master plan” even though that was on the application.

https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/4933-directors-statement

This issue should have been dealt within the confines of the boardroom or worst case fully resolved at the AGM. 

11 hours ago, gomaster said:

There would be a data protection breach if it is classed as 2 separate parties/organisations. You cannot share details between one party and the other without the express consent of the individual who's details you hold and plan to share. This type of question was asked at last Smisa q&a regarding promoting Smisa membership through existing details held by club and gdpr laws were quoted for that as consent of those who's details the club hold would be required before they could pass to Smisa. Basically similar scenario. Also remember there are only circa 240 1877 members but circa 2,000 season ticket holders before you add in non st holders who may be a member and buy tickets as and when they choose.

While there will almost certainly be GDPR issues, it's funny how there was no mention of that in The Herald article: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/23519345.alan-wardrop-mr-st-mirren-takes-legal-advice-stadium-ban/

He said the club chairman had also asked if he could provide an up to date membership list for the 1877 club together with "access to the mailbox and email address by return in order to facilitate the use of the club by members on Saturday".

But he is refusing to co-operate in disgust at how he has been treated.

"It does mean that club members may not be able to get to the club," he said. "There are 240 members of the club. What they have done to me in banning me is totally unfair. This could happen to any supporter."

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

The manager shouldn't have been LEFT to answer those questions.  The chairman should have read a prepared statement bef ore the conference and made it clear the manager would only be dealing with the match and he should have presided over the meeting to ensure the manager didn't even have to rebuff any questions of that nature.

If there's one way to ensure a journalist asks a question about a specific subject it's to tell them not to ask a question about that specific subject.

Could anyone going to the SMiSA AGM please ask if, or perhaps when, we'll be consulted on this conference league B team nonsense that is doing the rounds. Absolutely no excuse for members not to be asked their views.

Edited by Stu

34 minutes ago, Stu said:

While there will almost certainly be GDPR issues, it's funny how there was no mention of that in The Herald article: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/23519345.alan-wardrop-mr-st-mirren-takes-legal-advice-stadium-ban/

He said the club chairman had also asked if he could provide an up to date membership list for the 1877 club together with "access to the mailbox and email address by return in order to facilitate the use of the club by members on Saturday".

But he is refusing to co-operate in disgust at how he has been treated.

"It does mean that club members may not be able to get to the club," he said. "There are 240 members of the club. What they have done to me in banning me is totally unfair. This could happen to any supporter."

If there's one way to ensure a journalist asks a question about a specific subject it's to tell them not to ask a question about that specific subject.

Could anyone going to the SMiSA AGM please ask if, or perhaps when, we'll be consulted on this conference league B team nonsense that is doing the rounds. Absolutely no excuse for members not to be asked their views.

The journalist only has so much column space for any story and citing GDPR would maybe have meant having to spend time explaining it. There is quite a lot in there so maybe it just didn't survive a cut.

And questions can be ignored, they can ask away but at that point the chairman could have shown some leadership and steered the conference back to football.  Being a leader and effectively dealing with the press are qualities he should be identified with.   If the journos are told that question will be ignored then they can't complain about being sidelined if they inisist on asking the manager, who is patently the wrong person to be asking.

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Your Kibble mask is slipping more every day. Now going for the full on personal assault on AW. Strange how you have not been subjective and critical of any other board members on the handling of this. 

Your last sentence WTF. Yes Flynn pushed the Hearts player on Saturday as he looked across at the land the Kibble wanted to build on and went this whole episode is getting to me. The players don’t care what’s going on in the board room.

My Kibble mask 😂😂

Over the years I’ve been accused of being everyone & everything from a kibble employee to Gordon Scott. It’s embarrassing. 

Because it’s been utterly blown out of proportion by AW. He’s a bitter, little man that’s put his ego ahead of the football club. 

We fell apart in the second half, the goal was coming. The team have been extremely poor since the Rangers game. Manager answering questions on the situation & a fair amount of media coverage. A distraction we did not need. 

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My Kibble mask 😂😂

Over the years I’ve been……..         ………. a kibble employee………… It’s embarrassing. 

Because it’s been utterly blown out of proportion by AW. He’s a bitter, little man that’s put his ego ahead of the football club. 

Thats all i read from your post. 😏

The last sentence is your opinion. AW obviously doesn’t think it’s been blown out of proportion. Maybe he did put his ego first, however is the basis of his argument not that others on the board are serving their paymasters interests ahead of the football club.

Hypothetically if the Kibble board members have been found to have lied, is that a trivial matter that has been blown out of proportion. 

4 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Thats all i read from your post. 😏

The last sentence is your opinion. AW obviously doesn’t think it’s been blown out of proportion. Maybe he did put his ego first, however is the basis of his argument not that others on the board are serving their paymasters interests ahead of the football club.

Hypothetically if the Kibble board members have been found to have lied, is that a trivial matter that has been blown out of proportion. 

I’ll be accused of a bunch more things over the year, I’m sure. It’s the mentality of people like you to try & make it us Vs them. Be that the Kibble, SMISA, the club chairman or whatever the hot topic of the time is. 

You simply crave controversy & discontent at the club. St Moan loyal. 

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’ll be accused of a bunch more things over the year, I’m sure. It’s the mentality of people like you to try & make it us Vs them. Be that the Kibble, SMISA, the club chairman or whatever the hot topic of the time is. 

He asked a question can you give it a straight answer.... for once 

25 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

He asked a question can you give it a straight answer.... for once 

"Hypothetically if the Kibble board members have been found to have lied, is that a trivial matter that has been blown out of proportion. "

No, I don't think it would be a trivial matter.

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

"Hypothetically if the Kibble board members have been found to have lied, is that a trivial matter that has been blown out of proportion. "

No, I don't think it would be a trivial matter.

For the record, I'm glad you concede that it would not be a trivial matter.  

30 minutes ago, doakie said:

For the record, I'm glad you concede that it would not be a trivial matter.  

There is no conceding. I never claimed it would be trivial. 

If you want to give me a few more hypotheticals, giving my view on them ALSO wouldn’t be conceding. Glad I could educate you on that 👍

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There is no conceding. I never claimed it would be trivial. 

If you want to give me a few more hypotheticals, giving my view on them ALSO wouldn’t be conceding. Glad I could educate you on that 👍

Duly noted. Let's see what is and isn't hypothetical after tomorrow's AGM.

Just now, Brilliant Disguise said:

Yep, as I said. I never claimed if the Kibble directors had lied it would be trivial. 

The whole topic did, does & I am confident will remain ‘trivial’ 

Thanks for sharing to confirm my point but I don’t know how necessary it was. 👍

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Yep, as I said. I never claimed if the Kibble directors had lied it would be trivial. 

The whole topic did, does & I am confident will remain ‘trivial’ 

Thanks for sharing to confirm my point but I don’t know how necessary it was. 👍

Time will tell. !!

Keep brushing. But that carpet will soon become a hill.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I like many others just want a club that is run by professionals. The backstabbing and bickering should be done at board level not in public. AW, JG and JN have washed the clubs dirty underwear in public. Some and possibly all have lied to the supporters and the Fans Owned Club.

6 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Time will tell. !!

Keep brushing. But that carpet will soon become a hill.

Heard it for years now. This is nothing new, people like you are gagging for the club to fail so you can finally get an ‘I told you so’ 

1 minute ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I like many others just want a club that is run by professionals. The backstabbing and bickering should be done at board level not in public. AW, JG and JN have washed the clubs dirty underwear in public. Some and possibly all have lied to the supporters and the Fans Owned Club.

AW is fully responsible for it getting out in the public way it did. Used it as a platform for his SMISA campaign, then spoke to the press.

We’ll never know what impact it has had on the prep for the last few matches but it should NEVER have been a possibility.

The man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the running of this club again.