Explosive Smisa application

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ok so I’m going to deviate from popular thought on here.

I think @bazil85 is a good St. Mirren fan first and foremost. I only have two issues with his content on here.

1) Once he forms an opinion on something he becomes entrenched in it and is singularly incapable of admitting that he is (or even just might be) wrong, even in the face of evidence or at least unanimous thought to the contrary. He will probably say that’s strength of character. I say it’s just not being able to admit when you’re wrong. 
2) He is equally incapable of letting anything go and must have the last word at all times.

HOWEVER, give me his incessantly positive pro club/team pish every time over the incessantly negative anti club/team pish of countless other posters. 

I do fully agree I can become entrenched & think for the most part you’re correct. 
That has had varying impacts on people. For example 

BEK - Utter & compete rage, to the point my existence on here has triggered him for maybe 5+ years. 

Slarti - Just can’t get over one argument where I called him out on his pedantic & trivial argument style. He still brings it up (as recently as the last 12 hours). He’s a great example of the BAWA ‘ignore’ rules. 

The pandemic denier - Really ridiculous spin of my posts to try & show something that isn’t there. 

In saying that, one of your points has came up a few times (that I won’t admit to being wrong). I’ve put my hands up a good few times on being wrong.

One I was thinking of the other day when I was discussing Europe being lost, was me being absolutely convinced we would get top 6 when we were 5 points clear of St Johnstone a few seasons back. Oh that was a bitter backtrack to take. 

I usually challenge people that post it with ‘where did you last admit you were wrong?’

I can think of very few examples of anyone putting their hands up on this forum. 

38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

In saying that, one of your points has came up a few times (that I won’t admit to being wrong). I’ve put my hands up a good few times on being wrong.

One I was thinking of the other day when I was discussing Europe being lost, was me being absolutely convinced we would get top 6 when we were 5 points clear of St Johnstone a few seasons back. Oh that was a bitter backtrack to take. 

Hmmmm. 
To be fair Bazil, the only times I’ve seen you admit you were wrong have been (such as the example you give) when actual fact has proven you wrong. And there’s nothing wrong with predicting something that doesn’t happen. That happens all the time and is why bookies are millionaires. 

Don’t think I’ve seen you concede in the face of simply overwhelming evidence (but not fact) or when you are the only person in the room that holds that view i.e. sometimes you just have to think…can everyone else really be wrong and I’m right?

A good example for me would be the two stands for the OF debate. I think you’ve been firmly proven wrong on that one, but I haven’t seen you admit it. N.B. That is not an invitation to start that debate again!! 🤣🤣

Disclaimer - Apologies if I’ve got mistaken identity on that one. 

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmmm. 
To be fair Bazil, the only times I’ve seen you admit you were wrong have been (such as the example you give) when actual fact has proven you wrong. And there’s nothing wrong with predicting something that doesn’t happen. That happens all the time and is why bookies are millionaires. 

Don’t think I’ve seen you concede in the face of simply overwhelming evidence (but not fact) or when you are the only person in the room that holds that view i.e. sometimes you just have to think…can everyone else really be wrong and I’m right?

A good example for me would be the two stands for the OF debate. I think you’ve been firmly proven wrong on that one, but I haven’t seen you admit it. N.B. That is not an invitation to start that debate again!! 🤣🤣

Disclaimer - Apologies if I’ve got mistaken identity on that one. 

Yes, let’s not start that debate again. 😂

For the record, I stand by it & my reasons for that are unchanged. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yes, let’s not start that debate again. 😂

For the record, I stand by it & my reasons for that are unchanged. 

Surely to fcuk you can see the positive long term impact of that decision for St Mirren to grow their own support and not just kick young fans out their own seats.

You would rather allow all the good work that happens outside the stadium prematch for young Saints fans to be stopped for games against two sets of bigots and for their stand and facilities to be vandalised?

Get a grip.

One of the best decisions made by the club in recent times.

As was not handing over W6&W7 as over flow to allow them even more seats in our stadium.

That is now another successful project to grow our younger support. 

It’s no coincidence that our home supports are at the highest they have ever been and not one of the top 5 all time attendance records at our new ground are against playing either of the two arse cheeks. 

Just now, Albanian Buddy said:

Surely to fcuk you can see the positive long term impact of that decision for St Mirren to grow their own support and not just kick young fans out their own seats.

You would rather allow all the good work that happens outside the stadium prematch for young Saints fans to be stopped for games against two sets of bigots and for their stand and facilities to be vandalised?

Get a grip.

As was not handing over W6&W7 as over flow to allow them even more seats in our stadium.

It’s no coincidence that our home supports are at the highest they have ever been and not one of the top 5 all time attendance records at our new ground are against playing either of the two arse cheeks. 

This is the issue with various topics . There are some that just, can’t accept a different opinion. 

I get there are people against the two stand arrangement, that’s their opinion. I’m not one of them.

I DO NOT think we should reopen that debate but what I would say is, it’s real easy to make the points on increased attendance when we are chasing Europe. It won’t be so easy when we are in our next relegation dog fight. 

23 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Get a grip.

I totally agree with the long term thing AB, but I think the most convincing aspect is your last paragraph. That is in my opinion an immediate, tangible benefit to the decision. Bazil might say those increases would’ve happened anyway and we can’t refute that (even though history would suggest it not to be the case.), but I like you think the two things are directly related. 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I totally agree with the long term thing AB, but I think the most convincing aspect is your last paragraph. That is in my opinion an immediate, tangible benefit to the decision. Bazil might say those increases would’ve happened anyway and we can’t refute that (even though history would suggest it not to be the case.), but I like you think the two things are directly related. 

What I would say on that is, there is a correlation between performing well & attending games. We sold out the Killie game, lost two matches then failed to sell out the Hearts game. 

That’s where the evidence is for me, not getting rid of the two stand arrangement. Not sure if you asked the fans attending recent games why they’re doing it, if they’d say it was because of Celtic & Rangers, more than it was because of the importance of the fixtures. 

Attendance against Rangers in the last game of the season will almost certainly nose dive (despite only giving them one stand) if it is indeed dead rubber. 

The Smisa AGM tonight, will be a bun fight, as usual, accusations, counter accusations, even anger at the machinations. What lies at the heart of this difficulty, in my opinion, is the mistaken belief that this joint venture between smisa and the kibble meant that these two bodies could come together and always work solely for the good of st mirren football club. That kibble would bring its ‘ world class’ business acumen to the table, work hand in glove with smisa to bring commercial success to the club and smisa members bought into this in droves. Which is fine.

the idea being 4 board members would represent the smisa group and 2 the kibble and would work together in the best interests of the club.
In hindsight? A tad naive, perhaps, because whichever way you look at this setup, kibble will always put kibble first, it will always have kibbles interest at heart, inland revenue, chairman’s tweets, lawyer’s letters etc. the shambles that was renderworks, pie stalls etc, stewarding? All for kibble. 
While I don’t believe for a second that kibble don’t want st Mirren to succeed, I do,genuinely, believe they want success in furtherance of kibbles aims not the clubs.

kibble put in their bid for government funding, purely for the financial benefit of kibble and that can’t be denied by anyone, it doesn’t benefit smfc in the slightest. They did it behind the boards back and used the charitable foundations name purely for kibble, they’ve used the board to twist the narrative, purely for kibble, they’ve blamed the council fora simple error purely for kibble, that is the facts in evidence. We all see the same picture, we choose to interpret it how we will.

but can we stop pretending that anything kibble does is for SMFC ? They will always act in kibble’s interest first and will always use smfc to further kibble. That’s how these things work. It’s just a slight pity that some buddies believed this would be different.

23 hours ago, div said:

I'm a member of the 1877 club and have been there ever since it opened. I'm a lazy bastard so the thought of being able to get a pint before and after the game within a minutes walk of the stadium appealed immediately.

The membership thing obviously pissed off a lot of people but end of the day the facility only holds 300 odd as per it's safety certificate and even if it was full for two games a month on a walk up basis it would never generate a great amount of revenue purely from bar sales alone.

As it is with 240 paying members it must be generating around £2K a month for the club before anyone sets foot in the place. Those members also footed the bill or the vast majority of the bill to kit the place out in the first place and turn it from an unused void into a facility into an area that generates revenue, and that the club can use on the other 28 odd days a month that aren't match days.

There's a lot of sniping about it but when you lay it out like that it's hard to deny it has been a success.

Why more fans don't use it after the game, when it's completely free for anyone to walk in, has always puzzled me a bit. I assumed it was because of the Fosters on draft but that's been fixed 😁

I'd be more than happy if the club built a much larger capacity fan zone at the stadium - but this is Scotland - it would really need to be indoors to be usable all season long. A permanent structure of the sort of size folk are looking for would be astronomical and it's hard to see how it could pay for itself unless it also included offices or some sort of other facility that could generate revenue outwith match days.

Maybe I'll put in a funding application to build a f**king massive pub across the road on that bit of wasteland 🤣

Where do you access the 1877 club after games?

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

This is the issue with various topics . There are some that just, can’t accept a different opinion. 

I get there are people against the two stand arrangement, that’s their opinion. I’m not one of them.

I DO NOT think we should reopen that debate but what I would say is, it’s real easy to make the points on increased attendance when we are chasing Europe. It won’t be so easy when we are in our next relegation dog fight. 

We get it Baz. You think that making money by selling tickets to bigots and scumbags at the expense of Saints fans is the best thing to do.

Most Saints fans aren’t as unethical as you though.

Personally I’d give them zero stands. Some things are more important than money 

Edited by Sue Denim

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

All the ones that turned up had to sign non disclosure’s or they weren’t getting in .

Phones in a box by the door?  Frisking of septuagenarians?  Black shirted stewards patrolling the room?

Nah, i'm not buying that.  What club can take out a NDA over a member and make it stick?