Bazil is Back coincidence or what

portmahomack saint

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I heard about this earlier today. 

This is an interesting move. 

Suppose it sends out the message that people should learn to keep shtum when they have no concrete evidence. 

If proven that AW HAS defamed these two people then is could be costly. 

Where's my popcorn? 🍿

Smacks of an out of court settlement to shut it down to me, can't see it going to court unless AW has the evidence or is particularly fond of big risks.

13 hours ago, exiledfan said:

The picture of Alan in a St Mirren top is a reminder that a grown man with a belly should not wear a football shirt.

Can't help but think this is all handbags at 50 paces that has spiraled out of control and will hit Alan hard in the pocket. 

Free speech isn’t always free.

On 7/19/2023 at 6:00 PM, faraway saint said:

I heard about this earlier today. 

This is an interesting move. 

Suppose it sends out the message that people should learn to keep shtum when they have no concrete evidence. 

If proven that AW HAS defamed these two people then is could be costly. 

Where's my popcorn? 🍿

Or it could send out a message not to take on the “controlling” members of the board.

Irrespective of who is right or wrong on the facts the sentiments of the civil action is worrying.

This is not the first flex of legal muscle from the “controlling” members of the board and will certainly not be the last. 

17 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Or it could send out a message not to take on the “controlling” members of the board.

Irrespective of who is right or wrong on the facts the sentiments of the civil action is worrying.

This is not the first flex of legal muscle from the “controlling” members of the board and will certainly not be the last. 

It all depends, IMO, if people are "taking on" members of the board they better have the facts to back up their claims.

I happen to share the opinion that this idea of "free speech" is taken too far at times.

Let's see how it pans out. 

Defamation laws are actually there to defend free speech. There needs to be a consequence of spreading false information or there would be misinformation and slanderous accusations everywhere. 

This legal challenge will look at all facts and determine if Alan has said anything out of turn and if so will have consequences. If not he will be fine and the directors will likely end up shelling out legal costs.

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:If not he will be fine and the directors will likely end up shelling out legal costs.

I hope this ends up costing the 2 Kibblers thousands I don’t know any of the 3 people involved in this so don’t have any agendas but I hope it costs them plenty 💷💷💷

1 hour ago, HSS said:

I hope this ends up costing the 2 Kibblers thousands I don’t know any of the 3 people involved in this so don’t have any agendas but I hope it costs them plenty 💷💷💷

I’d imagine that the Kibble organisation will be the ones who would pick up the bills if they are unsuccessful in their legal challenge. Kibble no doubt have a wealth of legal advice supporting those two individuals. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’d imagine that the Kibble organisation will be the ones who would pick up the bills if they are unsuccessful in their legal challenge. Kibble no doubt have a wealth of legal advice supporting those two individuals. 

So if the Kibblers are successful do you think the money will go to the kibble?

31 minutes ago, HSS said:

So if the Kibblers are successful do you think the money will go to the kibble?

That is the million dollar question. If kibble are funding this then surely that needs to be declared and signed off with Kibble being the claimant against Wardrap.  If not and it's the the two directors it needs to come from their pocket. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

The way I see it is the 2 individuals have raised the court action,nothing to do with kibble 

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Reading the information I was given that's what It looks like to me. 

I’ll be honest guys. I’ve not read the court documentation. 

Are there any links to the court proceedings available online?

I do agree with @Brilliant Disguise that it’s not the first time these individuals/Kibble have raised legal challenges. I’m 99% sure at one stage Kibble or the Kibble elected directors issued legal letters against the SMISA committee members. I can’t remember the exact reasons why but I heard from friends who knew some of those volunteers that this was the case. It was very troubling to those concerned. 

Is there a date set for the court? Are season tickets valid?

Joking aside. It’s all so unnecessary.

Mistakes have clearly been made along the way. It should have been resolved with openness and honesty in the boardroom or at the AGM.

Hopefully the truth emerges and we can all move forward. I know a number of Saints fans have been saying harsh words on social media against Mr Wardrop. Perhaps there is validity in those views but what if he is actually correct? 

2 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Does anyone know whether Mr Wardrop is still banned from the stadium?

Regardless of whether he is right or wrong in his accusations regarding these planning applications I find that decision to ban him absurd. 

If you had a poisonous member of staff I would suggest you bin him.

Workplaces are full of individuals who do nothing but eat away at the morale of the business.

Get rid would be my move. 

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If you had a poisonous member of staff I would suggest you bin him.

Workplaces are full of individuals who do nothing but eat away at the morale of the business.

Get rid would be my move. 

There are obviously two sides to this story. I don’t know enough to argue either way. 

The boardroom and 1877 ban is one thing, but surely he does not deserve to be banned from watching his team as a paying punter?

17 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

The boardroom and 1877 ban is one thing, but surely he does not deserve to be banned from watching his team as a paying punter?

That all depends if his statements, which he went to the press with, are proven to be false.

If they are then, taking into account his "position" then the further away from the club the better. 

I personally feel he's been played like a foolish fiddle. 

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That all depends if his statements, which he went to the press with, are proven to be false.

If they are then, taking into account his "position" then the further away from the club the better. 

I personally feel he's been played like a foolish fiddle. 

The amount of shite spouted publicly at stadiums down the years and online would mean that our gates would be less than a thousand. 😂