That's Life

shull

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not defending anyone using a mobile while at the wheel - but that guy doing the recording is a total twat.

Plus, he also recorded himself going on the right hand side of a traffic cone after a previous keep left sign.

14 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Been doing that in London for years I lived worked down there in the early 80's  a old Cockney trick,  you usually find they set up where there's gambling like dog tracks etc, there's usually 3 or 4 involved who make it look easy to win waiting on stupid to have a go to win easy money they get them every time. very clever 

Luckily for me I had already lost my wages on the Greyhounds :lol: 

On 12/25/2023 at 11:37 PM, shull said:

Pure sophistry. He's essentially calling to ban demonstrations against Israel by claiming that all of the marchers are 'tacit Hamas supporters'. He then talks about the death of children, ignoring the fact that the Israelis have killed far more children in Gaza than Hamas have ever done.

What is this guy's name, Shull? He's clearly very biased. 

Watching @ALBIONSAINT's video and it doe get interesting around the 11 minute mark! :lol:

The vlogger does himself no favours, but he really doesn't need to do much to provoke them. I often think these militant types are simply wanting to vent life's frustrations.

Much better off doing that the fitba, IMHO! :) 

11 hours ago, W6er said:

Watching @ALBIONSAINT's video and it doe get interesting around the 11 minute mark! :lol:

The vlogger does himself no favours, but he really doesn't need to do much to provoke them. I often think these militant types are simply wanting to vent life's frustrations.

Much better off doing that the fitba, IMHO! :) 

I've saw a couple of his videos the guys a absolute dickhead roams the streets trying to get a reaction from people, boring as f**k, thanks for letting me know to fast forward to 11 mins same old pish, just wasted another 2 mins of my life

Edited by portmahomack saint

18 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I've saw a couple of his videos the guys a absolute dickhead roams the streets trying to get a reaction from people, boring as f**k, thanks for letting me know to fast forward to 11 mins same old pish, just wasted another 2 mins of my life

Aye, I think he's annoying, too. He has a very simplified view, e.g. all Palestinian supporters are Hamas sympathisers. Then he rather childishly taunts them.

I'm unsure whether he genuinely doesn't appreciate that people see Israel's retaliation as a horrendous overreaction which is causing misery and death to the two million who live in Gaza; that such conflicts are not black and white - the 'goodies and the baddies' - like some Disney cartoon. 

IMHO, he's either a little bit simple; a biased propagandist; or he's simply exploiting people's emotional attachment to a cause in order to generate views.

It is strangely compelling, though. Him versus the two idiots who challenge him could be mistaken for a parody. I have to admit to finding it quite interesting viewing.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:13 PM, W6er said:

Pure sophistry. He's essentially calling to ban demonstrations against Israel by claiming that all of the marchers are 'tacit Hamas supporters'. He then talks about the death of children, ignoring the fact that the Israelis have killed far more children in Gaza than Hamas have ever done.

What is this guy's name, Shull? He's clearly very biased. 

He just likes stirring the pot and is happy to go around insulting people in a semi-joking manner with the intention of provoking a response so he can then say "I told you he is a nutter".  How does someone who purports himself to be a messenger of peace get off on riling people for hits on his channel?

He should learn how to spell "Jewish" before taking up the cudgels on behalf of Jews and he needs to sort out that contrived accent.

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

He just likes stirring the pot and is happy to go around insulting people in a semi-joking manner with the intention of provoking a response so he can then say "I told you he is a nutter".  How does someone who purports himself to be a messenger of peace get off on riling people for hits on his channel?

He should learn how to spell "Jewish" before taking up the cudgels on behalf of Jews and he needs to sort out that contrived accent.

I'm not sure his accent is contrived. According to his Wikipedia page:

Veitch was born in Rio de Janeiro in 1978 to a wealthy family in the oil business. He attended Edinburgh Academy before receiving a Master of Arts with honours in philosophy from the University of Edinburgh.[1][3]

So, it appears he's lived in Brazil, England and Scotland. 

I agree that he's essentially a troll with a camera. As you suggest, it's for hits for his channel. If everyone was perfectly civil it wouldn't generate the views. I only watch it to see the commotion he causes. Find someone with an emotive cause, tell them they're terrorist sympathisers and scumbags and then film their retaliation appears to be his modus operendi.

It beats working for a living.  🤔 💡 

6 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm not sure his accent is contrived. According to his Wikipedia page:

So, it appears he's lived in Brazil, England and Scotland. 

I agree that he's essentially a troll with a camera. As you suggest, it's for hits for his channel. If everyone was perfectly civil it wouldn't generate the views. I only watch it to see the commotion he causes. Find someone with an emotive cause, tell them they're terrorist sympathisers and scumbags and then film their retaliation appears to be his modus operendi.

It beats working for a living.  🤔 💡 

And by looking at it, you pay for him.

i’ll repeat… FFS!  🥺

2 hours ago, antrin said:

And by looking at it, you pay for him.

i’ll repeat… FFS!  🥺

True. I shouldn't finance him, even indirectly. 👍

Edit: In one of his videos he claims to be "half-Brazilian, half-Scottish". 

Edited by W6er

This is going viral, so I intend to watch it later. :)  Over 3 million views. Two folk have sent it to me on WhatsApp, which is highly unusual.

I don't know the guy and haven't watched it yet, but put it here to remind myself to do so and, of course share it. :)